AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 Media Maps Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
#TNAMBERAlert: This is one example of the many overgrown areas that teams have combed through over the last ten days while searching for 5-year-old Summer Wells.

E4vR0C6XEAAc2l1.jpg

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1408450065132314625

TBI shares photo of harsh terrain during the search for Summer Wells

As of this afternoon, we’ve received 394 tips in the search for Summer Wells. None have resulted in a solid lead.

Anyone with information concerning Summer’s whereabouts is asked to call 1-800-TBI-FIND, or send an email to TipsToTBI@tn.gov. #TNAMBERAlert

View attachment 302254 https://twitter.com/tbinvestigation/status/1408504154260185097?s=21

'We're not going to stop.' Crews continue search for Summer Wells

[...]

Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson says the heat and rough terrain has made the search a challenge.

“It's hard because my office don’t stop," says Lawson. "We're still answering calls, doing investigations, and running the jail. Everyone is getting mentally, physically, and emotionally drained. We're going to have to get back again. We're not going to stop until we find Summer.”

Hi. This is my first post. I think it's ok to share this link from the TBI AMBER Alert – Summer Wells

UPDATED: 6/26/21 at 4:25 p.m. (ET) – As we’ve previously mentioned, we have been working around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area around the time 5-year-old Summer Wells disappeared to determine what they may have seen or heard, no matter how insignificant it may have seemed to them at the time. Every detail is important.

In the process of doing this, we received information that a Toyota pickup truck was seen in the area of Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road in the late afternoon to early evening on either Monday, June 14th, or Tuesday, June 15th. The pickup is possibly a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack along with white buckets in the truck bed.

We have been unable to identify the driver of this truck. Due to this, we are asking this driver to contact us at 1-800-TBI-FIND. We would like to speak with you to confirm this information and ask what you may have heard or seen at the time. If you are the driver of this truck, please contact us.

We want to stress that this individual is not a suspect, but is a potential witness who may have heard or seen something that may help us in our search for Summer.

We just posted this update in the ongoing search for Summer Wells. Agents and @HawkinsCountySO detectives continue to work around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area of Ben Hill Road on the afternoon Summer went missing. #TNAMBERAlert

https://twitter.com/TBILeslie/status/1408886087456636930

MEDIA: We are asking for your assistance in reaching out to a potential witness in the area of Ben Hill Road on the afternoon that Summer Wells went missing.

Click on the link below for additional information. #TNAMBERAlert

MORE: https://tbinewsroom.com/2021/06/16/amber-alert-summer-wells/

E41c6LlXMAIilNj.jpg

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1408885375980953605

TBI seeking ‘potential witness’ driving pickup truck near Summer Wells’ home close to time of disappearance | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — A release from Incident Commander Tim Coup says crews are “scaling back search operations” for Summer Wells, the 5-year-old from Hawkins County who has been missing since June 15.

Coup says search efforts will continue on a more specialized team basis as needed and directed from local, state and federal agencies.

He also says search crews are physically and mentally exhausted from the rough terrain and extreme conditions.

Reportedly, the search will draw resources from Middle and West Tennessee and other states to bring a “fresh set of eyes and rested bodies.” Officials say they will still rely on local and regional resources as well.

“Just because we may not be seen as such a large present in and throughout the area, rest assured that we have not quit and won’t quit until we find Summer Wells,” Coup says in the release.

The release also included the following information about the search:

Crews ‘scaling back’ search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Crews ‘scaling back’ search for Summer Wells | WATE 6 On Your Side

[...]

The release also included the following information about the search:
  • The search has utilized over 120 agencies from Tennessee, Ohio, Virginia, Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina
  • Since June 15, 1,150 searches have covered the ground
  • Over 13,800 search hours have been logged
  • TBI fixed wing flew 21.2 hours
  • The THP helicopter logged 30 hours of flight.
  • Numerous specialized search and rescue groups include (but are not limited to): TN Task Force 2, BURSAR, Appalachian Mountain Rescue, Black Diamond, SCSAR, Central Carolina SAR, Great Smokey Mountain National Park, RATSAR, Search and Rescue Tracking Institute and numerous K-9 Teams
  • To date, 4.6 square miles (over 3,000 acres) have been searched since Summer went missing.
[...]

Update on the search for Summer Wells, crews 'scaling back' search operations

A TBI spokeswoman told The Post that the search for Summer and an investigation into the circumstances of her disappearance — now its second week — was continuing Monday. The Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office and FBI investigators are pursuing “any and all leads,” TBI spokeswoman Leslie Earhart said.

Witness sought in disappearance of Tennessee's Summer Wells

1:56 PM · Jun 28, 2021

#TNAMBERAlert: The investigation into the the disappearance of 5-year-old Summer Wells remains ongoing. As of this afternoon, authorities have received more than 560 tips. Please call 1-800-TBI-FIND with credible information concerning her whereabouts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1409571414403911680

Reward fund now set up for Summer Wells

[...]

“Anyone that is wanting to contribute to the reward fund can go to any Civis Bank Branch and request to place money in the Church Hill Rescue Squad Summer Wells Reward Account,” said Tim Coup, the Church Hill Rescue Squad’s captain in Monday’s press release. “Once this money is placed in there, it will stay there for six months. If there are no tips and or leads that result (in) the location/recovery of Summer Wells, those funds will be donated to the Child Advocacy Center.”

[...]

Summer Wells Reward Fund: Here’s how to contribute | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

[...]

Nearly two weeks have passed since Summer was last seen on June 15, and now, [CB] speaks out about the night of her daughter’s disappearance.

(Video #1 at link and via WJHL | Facebook)

“Me and my mother and her were planting flowers, and we went in after we got done washing our hands, and [Summer] got a piece of candy from grandma,” [CB] said. “And [Summer] wanted to go back over and see her brothers, and I said, ‘OK,’ and I walked her all the way over to the porch, and I watched her walking into the kitchen where the boys were watching TV. I told the boys, I said, ‘Watch Summer; I’ll be back.’ And within two minutes, I came back, and I asked the boys where their sister was, and they said, ‘She went downstairs, Mom, to play with her toys in the playroom.’ I said, ‘OK.’ And I yelled downstairs for her a couple times, and I didn’t get no answer, which was unusual because usually she always answers me. And so, I went down there to check, and she was nowhere in sight.”

[...]

Mother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells speaks on camera for first time | WKRN News 2

(Video #2 at link)

“I feel in my heart that somebody has came up here and took her … has lured her away from here,” [CB] said.

"Well, whoever has my daughter, I pray they haven’t harmed her they and bring her back to us safe and sound."

[...]

(Video #3 at link)

“[Summer] was a tomboy,” [CB] said. “I shaved my head; she wanted to shave her head like me and the boys did.”

[DW] added on that Summer tried to shave her head herself.

“[Summer] tried to shave her head,” [DW] said. “I think you can see it in some of the pictures, and it was getting out of control, and we decided to shave her head off and let it grow back long. And [CB] shaved her head to — so [Summer] wouldn’t feel bad. And…but…it didn’t bother her.”

Mother of missing Summer Wells speaks out for first time

Mother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells speaks on camera for first time
The mother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells spoke on camera for the first time Monday night during an exclusive interview with News Channel 11.

Investigators have now received 650 tips in the search for Summer Wells.

We urge the public to share info from credible sources. Sharing speculation or rumors only makes the process more difficult for law enforcement by increasing the number of non-credible tips. #TNAMBERAlert
https://twitter.com/tbinvestigation/status/1409951478157086720?s=21

Agents and detectives with the @HawkinsCountySO continue to follow up on all leads.

Please call 1-800-TBI-FIND with credible information concerning Summer’s whereabouts.

A summary of the case can be found at the following link: https://tbinewsroom.com/2021/06/16/amber-alert-summer-wells/

https://twitter.com/TBILeslie/status/1409951774337810432

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — The mother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells responded to backlash she’s received on social media platforms since the disappearance of her daughter.

[...]

This response came during an exclusive interview News Channel 11 got with [CB] and Summer’s father, [DW]. It marked the first time [CB] spoke on camera since Summer went missing on June 15.

[...]

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart said dealing with rumors and speculation is “always a battle.”

“We find that we’re receiving a lot of tips that is a screenshot from Facebook; it’s an opinion or speculation — that’s not a credible tip, and it just bogs down the system,” Earhart said.

[...]

Mother of Summer Wells responds to social media backlash, rumors | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

EXTENDED INTERVIEW: Parents of missing child Summer Wells recount events leading to disappearance, address rumors | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Additional videos

And [CB] addressed the rumors as well.
Video #4

[CB] revealed what led to a Tik-Tok video that shows Summer swimming in water — it was allegedly a video that was taken hours before the 5-year-old went missing.
Video #5

She also addressed a case that involves her missing sister.
Video #6

Mother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells speaks on camera for first time | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Updated: Jun 29, 2021 / 10:04 AM EDT
[...]

Nearly two weeks have passed since Summer was last seen on June 15, and now, [CB] speaks out about the night of her daughter’s disappearance.

(Video #1 at link and via WJHL | Facebook)

“Me and my mother and her were planting flowers, and we went in after we got done washing our hands, and [Summer] got a piece of candy from grandma,” [CB] said. “And [Summer] wanted to go back over and see her brothers, and I said, ‘OK,’ and I walked her all the way over to the porch, and I watched her walking into the kitchen where the boys were watching TV. I told the boys, I said, ‘Watch Summer; I’ll be back.’ And within two minutes, I came back, and I asked the boys where their sister was, and they said, ‘She went downstairs, Mom, to play with her toys in the playroom.’ I said, ‘OK.’ And I yelled downstairs for her a couple times, and I didn’t get no answer, which was unusual because usually she always answers me. And so, I went down there to check, and she was nowhere in sight.”

[...]

Mother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells speaks on camera for first time | WKRN News 2

(Video #2 at link)

“I feel in my heart that somebody has came up here and took her … has lured her away from here,” [CB] said.

"Well, whoever has my daughter, I pray they haven’t harmed her they and bring her back to us safe and sound."

[...]

(Video #3 at link)

“[Summer] was a tomboy,” [CB] said. “I shaved my head; she wanted to shave her head like me and the boys did.”

[DW] added on that Summer tried to shave her head herself.

“[Summer] tried to shave her head,” [DW] said. “I think you can see it in some of the pictures, and it was getting out of control, and we decided to shave her head off and let it grow back long. And [CB] shaved her head to — so [Summer] wouldn’t feel bad. And…but…it didn’t bother her.”

Mother of missing Summer Wells speaks out for first time

Last edited:
HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — A search and rescue command center that was once designated at Mount Carmel Freewill Baptist Church in an effort to find missing 5-year-old Summer Wells has been demobilized.

Incident Commander and Capt. Tim Coup with the Church Hill Rescue Squad confirmed this Tuesday with News Channel and added that multiple crews are on standby if needed.

“We have multiple search crews on standby locally if the need to arise,” he said. “We also have outside resources that we can call upon if the need were to arise also.”

[...]

A release on Sunday from Coup announced that crews are “scaling back search operations” for Summer.

[...]

Search for Summer: Command center demobilized | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

#TNAMBERAlert: We appreciate your partnership and ongoing interest in the search for Summer Wells. To date, we've vetted 715 tips.

Please call 1-800-TBI-FIND only to report credible information, not speculation or rumors. Doing so helps us get to the most important info ASAP!

View attachment 302981
https://twitter.com/tbinvestigation/status/1410322247915614215?s=21

HAWKINS COUNTY., Tenn. (WJHL) – Mount Carmel Free Will Baptist Church has served as the hub for law enforcement and rescue crews throughout the search for missing 5-year-old Summer Wells. On Wednesday, the church returned to its normal services as the ground search is moved to an “as needed” basis according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

“Although the ground search has scaled back, points of interest have been searched daily since Sunday… that will continue to occur as needed,” said TBI spokesperson Leslie Earhart. “The circumstances leading to Summer’s disappearance remain unclear, which is why we continue to explore all possibilities, including foul play.”

[...]

The TBI says there will not be any on-camera updates until there is a significant development. Authorities are still looking for the driver of a red Toyota Tacoma with a full bed ladder rack that was in the area around the time Summer went missing. They are continuing to stress that this person could be a witness.

Earhart assured that the AMBER Alert for Summer Wells will remain active until she is found.

TBI: Search for Summer ‘isn’t over’; efforts moving to ‘as needed’ basis | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather (video at link)

Thank you for continuing to share as agents and detectives continue to search for answers. As of this afternoon, we've received 730 tips. None have resulted in a solid lead. @HawkinsCountySO @SheriffLawson

https://twitter.com/TBILeslie/status/ 1410652143393153030

#TNAMBERAlert: Summer Wells has now been missing from the Beech Creek community in Hawkins County for two weeks and two days.
We aren’t giving up.

Anyone with first-hand information about Summer’s disappearance is asked to call 1-800-TBI-FIND or email TipsToTBI@tn.gov.

https://twitter.com/tbinvestigation/status/1410643104286318599?s=21

Missing Tennessee girl Summer Wells' parents both have criminal records

July 1, 2021
[..]

Authorities are seeking a potential witness who was seen on Ben Hill Road in Rogersville the day Summer vanished. This person is believed to have been driving a late 1990s maroon or red Toyota Tacoma with a full-sized ladder rack and white buckets in the bed.

"We want to stress that this individual is not a suspect, but is a potential witness who may have heard or seen something that may help us in our search for Summer," the TBI said in a statement Saturday.

That driver and anyone who may have information on Summer’s whereabouts is asked to call state investigators at 1-800-TBI-FIND. Residents near Ben Hill Road are also being asked to check their security and trail cameras for any clues.

Summer is about 3 feet tall and weighs around 40 pounds. She was last seen wearing gray pants, a pink shirt and may have been barefoot. She has close-cropped blonde hair and blue eyes.

Investigators say the circumstances surrounding her disappearance have yet to be determined – but they said they were looking into "all possibilities."

Summer Wells investigators receive more than 700 tips about missing Tennessee girl

July 1, 2021

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said it vetted 730 tips in connection with the disappearance of 5-year-old Summer Wells from her home in Rogersville as of Thursday – but none of them "led to a solid lead."

Authorities are asking tipsters not to report rumors or speculation, however they also said anything that people in the area of Ben Hill Road on the late afternoon or early evening of June14 and 15 may have seen or heard could possibly help the investigation.

"Every detail is important," the TBI said in a statement.

More than $37,000 donated or offered for info leading to Summer Wells being found | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Posted: Jul 1, 2021 / 08:02 PM EDT / Updated: Jul 1, 2021 / 08:11 PM EDT

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Donors have contributed $2,350 to a reward fund for information leading to the location or recovery of missing Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells, according to Capt. Tim Coup with the Church Hill Rescue Squad.

That does not include two checks — one for $25,000 and the other for $10,000 — written by two people for information leading to Wells’ being located or recovered. Coup said the checks will be kept separate and will not be deposited into the reward fund account unless asked to do so by the individuals who wrote them.

[...]

Terrain so rough, search for Summer Wells required repelling, machetes
Published: Jul. 1, 2021 at 8:28 PM EDT | Updated: 1 hour ago

Half a dozen Knox County Rescue members were called to Hawkins County to search for missing Summer Wells, the five-year-old Rogersville girl.

The rescue squad joined hundreds of agencies that searched 3,000 acres over the past couple of weeks, but still no Summer.

[...]

Fremow and Duncan’s first assignment was to clear a steep grid. There was such tough terrain at one point they used ropes to repel down the mountain cliff.

[...]

It took two to three hours to search and clear one mile of distance. They carefully used machetes to cut through brush and crawl through briars and thickets.

They look for overturned leaves, fresh dirt or anything out of the ordinary.

[...]

These life-savers don’t make a single penny. The Knox County Rescue squad is all volunteers. If you’re interested in getting involved with the crew click here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back