AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the media is being pretty good this round, giving the benefit of doubt for the time being. Even the rando commenters on social media are maintaining a high prayers-to-suspicion ratio, which is surprising given the cases we've seen over the years and our natural bent toward cynicism, especially about people whose lifestyles some of us might not understand.

For me, it's hard not to draw comparisons to Aliayah Lunsford, which is dang near ten years ago now. Striking similarities in the beginning. Reported as a walkaway, close to the same age, similar living conditions and cultural environment, parents may have "searched" some before police were called, etc. As we know, it turned out to be much darker than that. I don't want to cast undue aspersions, so I continue to check frequently for updates, watch, wait and hope.
Agreed.
There is much more support than suspicion here at WS as well, and the commenters are very understanding.
This is a great group of posters and much sympathy for the country and mountain lifestyle.

Reporter says that about 15 minutes prior to ending today's search 3 sheriff's deputies sped down the road to a driveway not far from Summer's home. TBI only says they're following a lead.
Search For Summer: Investigators, helicopters searching overnight for missing Rogersville 5-year-old | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

More at link, reporter spoke to parents today, mom didn't go on camera but the dad recapped what he's already said. Dad, mom and one brother attended the church vigil today. Equusearch arrives 8 am tomorrow.
IMO: The picture of the church prayer vigil looks like it could be mom sitting in the pew behind dad and a couple of boys.

Its crazy how many people are so troubled by a little girl with a shaved head and immediately think its abuse. "this isn't how a little girl should look!". People care way too much about hair sometimes. And they always say shes so dirty when... shes probably been playing outside they're COUNTRY. They're not city kids who just have playdates and never get in the dirt because the parents are too rigid. I'm just seeing a complete cultural difference. And her bruises could be explained by her playing around outside or with her brothers.

Back in grade school there was a whole family of kids had to shave their heads because they all got lice. Parents didn't have money for the chemical treatment but had a set of clippers, I guess.
Hell, I shaved my *own* head just as covid started to get wild. No Hair, Don't Care.

<rsbm>

Love grows in cabins as well as in castles.

And the opposite is true as well. Neglect and abuse happen in castles as well as cabins.

How people fail to see this is beyond me. My mom kept a perfect house as a child and it was so stressful and neglectful.

Don't do this. Don't touch that. Pick this up. Tidy this. It has to be done “this way”. No, I don’t have time to play outside or take you to the park I have to clean.

I’d have preferred some mess and dirt and to have my mom.

I agree. I grew up in the county. The day after school let out, me and all my cousins received "pixie" haircuts, easier to check for ticks. My sister has very fine, thin hair, like Summers, she looked like a boy. We didn't care, we hated sbampoo, it burned our eyes and our heads "got scrubbed" every night.

We wore old, worn out clothes, almost to small clothes all summer, all the good stuff was saved for church outings, visiting family/friends, or going to town on Sat. We got dirty, played in the dirt, my sister ate dirt, Every night they lined us up for baths, 4 inches of water and two to the bath tub. If the water wasn't to dirty it got used again. Oh...the good times.

Yes, life differs in rural areas, but that doesn't mean it's not a good life. When I see Summer, she looks full of life, her eyes shine with happiness.

They may not have a fancy house, but they own 11 acres of land in a beautiful area, a house and granny lives next door.

The rain is coming, I hope the equestrian team shows today !!! Monday and Tuesday could be wash outs.

Hoping and praying Summer is found today.
I can so relate. I grew up in the deep south where we ran around barefoot, made mud pies, fed the animals, rode horses bareback, watched animals being born, and wore our Sunday best to mass. After living the majority of my life in the country, I now live the city life but walk around barefoot until it’s time to get in the car.

I can so relate. I grew up in the deep south where we ran around barefoot, made mud pies, fed the animals, rode horses bareback, watched animals being born, and wore our Sunday best to mass. After living the majority of my life in the country, I now live the city life but walk around barefoot until it’s time to get in the car.
Barefoot if I could get away with it!
Mama would pick the pieces of sage brush and stickers out of our feet!

I can so relate. I grew up in the deep south where we ran around barefoot, made mud pies, fed the animals, rode horses bareback, watched animals being born, and wore our Sunday best to mass.
After living the majority of my life in the country, I now live the city life but walk around barefoot until it’s time to get in the car.

Me, too!!! Some days even in the winter I go barefoot outside. The earth grounds me, some will never understand “that feeling” of Mother Earth.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member