TN TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells Missing from Rogersville, June 2021 #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know this is the "official" website, but a few months ago didn't the person who runs the site and writes all this commentary announce that the Wells were stepping back from having an online presence and that anything else that would be written was his opinion only, and not to be construed as coming from the Wells family? Only asking for someone to check my memory on that as it is a very rambling type of post and I'm curious if it's the site owner's opinion or coming from the Wells themselves.
You're correct, per a post there on February 10 that says in part:

...I will continue to post ONLY things from myself in order to keep Summer Wells' name in the forefront. This has always been what I have assisted with online.. HOWEVER, from now on it will come only from me.. NOT the Wells. If it is written, it is me. If it is shown, it is me.

The new post is signed with the initials "tm" so I think it clearly is not a family member.

I know this is the "official" website, but a few months ago didn't the person who runs the site and writes all this commentary announce that the Wells were stepping back from having an online presence and that anything else that would be written was his opinion only, and not to be construed as coming from the Wells family? Only asking for someone to check my memory on that as it is a very rambling type of post and I'm curious if it's the site owner's opinion or coming from the Wells themselves.
More eyes on the case couldn't do any harm. Summer needs Justice. MOO

While the post clearly wasn’t written by a seasoned journalist, I found the content to be excellent and wise.

While well intended, or profiteers, it is best for volunteers to stand down until there is a call for help outside LE.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I didn't disagree with the sentiment of the post per se (what I understood of it) but was looking to get clarity on whose opinion the post represented...a family member or another. Seems like it is a non-family member's view of the current situation, which is important to know for context IMO.

$39,774 check presented Thursday to an organization dedicated to serving children like Summer and her brothers.

New flyers for SW from the Well's website.

new post on their website,

Summer Wells : Family Video Producer Shares Her Own Letter To Summer​

160 views · 1 hour ago

No comments from me, aside from I am uncomfortable with it. Jmo.
Everything about this case makes me uncomfortable. I can add this to that list.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Can we get a transcript?

Summer Wells, child of the Tennessee hills
Where sunsets bleed into orange and purple dusk
A place of subtle beauty where the winds whisper tales of ages past
Your name now echoes through the valleys
A tender lament carried on the wings of morning mist
In the stillness, people find themselves listening for your laughter; a sound I've never heard yet miss deeply.
A chorus of crickets sing to the moon
Their melody a placeholder for your joy, for your voice, for the resolution of your story.
A story many follow, tracking it across the unforgiving landscape of social media
It's a place unlike the beauty of your Tennessee home, a forest of speculation
Where truths are obscured beneath the thicket of opinions and unfiltered noise
It's a harsh terrain but one navigated with the hope of finding answers, finding you
Where are you Summer Wells? A question that spirals unanswered into the digital abyss
Yet despite the uncertainty, your name remains a beacon against the shroud of the unknown
Amidst the discord of social media static your presence, your essence, continues to resonate
From the heart of a stranger, stirred by your story, comes a desire as expansive as the Tennessee sky
It's a wish for your safety, your well-being, for a resolution to the mystery that has entangled your young life
We're connected now, Summer, tethered by the threads of human concern
Your name, your story, intertwined with our collective consciousness
Every update, every news report, every shared memory of you fuels our hope for your safe return
In the heartland of Tennessee where Summers name is whispered through the valleys, where the memory of her laughter haunts the Vernon Hills, there is a silence; a silence too profound, too aching. It's the space where Summer Wells should be echoing with the absence of her joy.
Summer, I followed your story
Traced the lines of your life etched across the Appalachian sky.
I've seen the swing in your garden- silent and still, awaiting your return
For the song of its creaking to join the symphony of home again
That swing is more than wood and rope, it's where the sun caught the glint in your eyes as you soared, where you touched the freedom of the Tennessee skies, where your laughter rang out.
A melody now etched into the ether of your home
I've seen photographs of your adventures by the water's edge
Your small hands casting lines into the depths with child-like anticipation
The surface of the lake a mirror reflecting your joy, your hope, your limitless horizon.
The fish may bite or they may not but it was the act of fishing, of sharing that moment with nature that sparked your delight
So here, in this space of longing and love, your story is held. It is nurtured, tended to like the garden you once played in.
Summer, you are cherished, you are missed, you are (sought?)
The beauty of your home state waits for your return.
Holding on to the spirit of you, our dear Summer Wells.
There are strangers whose hearts ache with the story of your absence.
There's a hope that clings to every sunset, every evening star, every whispering wind through the Tennessee hills. A hope that one day soon a garden swing will creak under your weight, the fish will feel your line, and that pets will perk their ears to the sound of your loving voice once more.
The shadows of the Appalachian mountains lengthen, cradling the land in a soft twilight
As night falls, the stars emerge, each one a silent testament to your enduring spirit.
Your home state of Tennessee awaits, it's beauty a testament to your light.
Summer Wells, wherever you are, remember the rolling hills of your home the dappled sunlight through the trees, the scent of wildflowers on a warm breeze.
Keep these memories close, like a compass, guiding you through the night.
Your story isn't over, Summer and until it is resolved, until you are found, know that your name is spoken with tenderness, your case followed with relentless hope. Your life valued and missed.
From the heart of a stranger, here's a promise: as long as there's a dawn following the darkest night, we won't stop seeking for you.

Family Video Producer Writes Personal Letter To Summer

Maybe I've just never experienced a case that really really stayed with me at a level this case seems to have stayed with this person or maybe I cope differently..... eh nevermind, I'll just keep my thoughts to myself.

In the stillness, people find themselves listening for your laughter; a sound I've never heard yet miss deeply.
Their melody a placeholder for your joy, for your voice, for the resolution of your story.
A story many follow, tracking it across the unforgiving landscape of social media
It's a harsh terrain but one navigated with the hope of finding answers, finding you
Where are you Summer Wells? A question that spirals unanswered into the digital abyss
Yet despite the uncertainty, your name remains a beacon against the shroud of the unknown
Amidst the discord of social media static your presence, your essence, continues to resonate
From the heart of a stranger, stirred by your story, comes a desire as expansive as the Tennessee sky
It's a wish for your safety, your well-being, for a resolution to the mystery that has entangled your young life
Every update, every news report, every shared memory of you fuels our hope for your safe return
In the heartland of Tennessee where Summers name is whispered through the valleys, where the memory of her laughter haunts the Vernon Hills, there is a silence; a silence too profound, too aching. It's the space where Summer Wells should be echoing with the absence of her joy.
That swing is more than wood and rope, it's where the sun caught the glint in your eyes as you soared, where you touched the freedom of the Tennessee skies, where your laughter rang out.
The surface of the lake a mirror reflecting your joy, your hope, your limitless horizon.
The fish may bite or they may not but it was the act of fishing, of sharing that moment with nature that sparked your delight
So here, in this space of longing and love, your story is held. It is nurtured, tended to like the garden you once played in.
There's a hope that clings to every sunset, every evening star, every whispering wind through the Tennessee hills. A hope that one day soon a garden swing will creak under your weight, the fish will feel your line, and that pets will perk their ears to the sound of your loving voice once more.
The shadows of the Appalachian mountains lengthen, cradling the land in a soft twilight
As night falls, the stars emerge, each one a silent testament to your enduring spirit.
Summer Wells, wherever you are, remember the rolling hills of your home the dappled sunlight through the trees, the scent of wildflowers on a warm breeze.
Your story isn't over, Summer and until it is resolved, until you are found, know that your name is spoken with tenderness, your case followed with relentless hope. Your life valued and missed.
From the heart of a stranger, here's a promise: as long as there's a dawn following the darkest night, we won't stop seeking for you.

Maybe I've just never experienced a case that really really stayed with me at a level this case seems to have stayed with this person or maybe I cope differently..... eh nevermind, I'll just keep my thoughts to myself.
Thank You.

Very strange.

I am curious why this seems off-putting to so many?

(Also, aside--is anyone else having problems typing in the box now? I think it's all of the pop up ads? But I lose the ability to type my comments easily now.)
It is off-putting to me because it has creepy stalker vibes, but I don't know whether that's actually fair of me to think.

It’s creepy to me because the average person would have a hard time writing something like this about a loved one. A perfect stranger? It’s weird to me. But I get it probably is just someone who felt sad about Summmer’s disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back