TN TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells Missing from Rogersville, June 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Repspectfully, there are also many cases where the parents never give up hope that their child comes home alive. Suggestions otherwise may be felt as cruel.
I go back to the girl that vanished at 14 and turned up at 18 years of age wanting removed from missing persons list to get ID. I chose to always hold on to the hope that missing children are alive until I'm told otherwise. All my opinion of course. If my child was missing I'd be okay with hoping they are alive and well somewhere instead of hoping every single human remains found would be identified as my child. MOO

Hey Everyone,
I need your help. Yesterday, in a mainstream media report, the anchor said Summer was last seen "walking from her home on Ben Hill Road."
Start at about 0:08
I have never heard that. I have only heard law enforcement say that Candus took Summer to the house and told the boys to look after her.
After looking everywhere, I can't find anything about Summer being seen walking from her home.
Has law enforcement ever reported that Summer was "seen" walking away from her home?
Thank you so much for your help.
Tricia

The night Summer Wells disappeared

Summer Moon-Utah Wells was reportedly last seen Tuesday, June 15 walking near her home on Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek community, wearing a pink shirt and gray shorts.

Summer Moon-Utah Wells was reportedly last seen Tuesday, June 15 walking near her home on Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek community, wearing a pink shirt and gray shorts.

Hey Everyone,
I need your help. Yesterday, in a mainstream media report, the anchor said Summer was last seen "walking from her home on Ben Hill Road."
I have never heard that. I have only heard law enforcement say that Candus took Summer to the house and told the boys to look after her.
After looking everywhere, I can't find anything about Summer being seen walking from her home.
Has law enforcement ever reported that Summer was "seen" walking away from her home?
Tricia

Don Wells: I don’t think she’s in the area because the dog goes down to the road and that’s the end of the trail, but I don’t know that for a fact. The way that she just disappeared, she would never do that,” Don Wells said.

June 17, 2021

Author: WBIR Staff, WCYB
Published: 10:22 PM EDT June 15, 2021
Updated: 11:10 PM EDT July 13, 2021

Original Story

The Hawkins County Sheriff's Office said crews were searching for a missing 5-year-old girl Tuesday night.

They said emergency crews were searching the upper part of the Beech Creek Community for Summer Wells, 5 years old. They said she is around 4' tall with blonde hair and was last seen wearing a pink shirt with gray shorts.

She was last seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road, off Beech Creek Road, at around 7 p.m.

Hey Everyone,
Tricia

Per the article: Donald said police dogs picked up Summer's scent in the backyard and followed it through the woods, ultimately leading to the end of their road.

Don Wells seems to be his own source. JMO

Who saw her walking from her home? That is what bothers me. No one is saying who was the person who last saw her walking from her home. Law Enforcement never said this anywhere I can find. If the scent dogs tracked her down the driveway to the road how can they prove it was a scent from the day she went missing?
It appears to me one media outlet reported this and others picked it up.
If anyone sees where they name the person who saw her walking from her home or finds where law enforcement said this please post it here.
This is very helpful. Thank you very much.
Tricia

Summer was last seen around 6:30 p.m. on June 15, 2021, at her family home located along Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek community of Hawkins County, Tennessee. Her family said she was headed down to the basement to play with her toys.
"I watched her go in the door and I could see her brothers at the kitchen table. When she went in, I walked over and yelled at the boys, I said, ‘Watch Summer. I’ll be right back. I’ve got to fix Mom’s knee brace.’ I was standing right there (at the camper). I was over there fixing it. Literally, you can see my house from the (camper) door. She did not walk back out that front door.

Lawson says Wells was seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road around 7 p.m.

I think sheriff Lawson was acting on mistaken information early on. IIRC an early scanner report also made some mistakes. If I find it I’ll post the link.

As far as I know no one has ever come forward claiming to have witnessed Summer walking away from her home.
I agree. The first post on WS about Summer has that information and by post # 8 someone asked the same question that Tricia did.

1718247020834.png

@Tricia
This part of the article has also bothered me:
"A release from the TBI Newsroom states that over the course of the investigation, authorities learned that a Toyota pickup truck was seen near Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road on either Monday, June 14, or Tuesday, June 15.

“The pickup is possibly a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack along with white buckets in the truck bed,” the release states.

“It’s really strange that I’ve never seen this truck, and I’ve never heard of it until just recently,” Bly told News Channel 11. “But I wish they would come forward and explain themselves. If you’re not a suspect, at least come forward and say what you’ve seen.”

I don't recall this ever being resolved.

@Tricia
This part of the article has also bothered me:
"A release from the TBI Newsroom states that over the course of the investigation, authorities learned that a Toyota pickup truck was seen near Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road on either Monday, June 14, or Tuesday, June 15.

“The pickup is possibly a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack along with white buckets in the truck bed,” the release states.

“It’s really strange that I’ve never seen this truck, and I’ve never heard of it until just recently,” Bly told News Channel 11. “But I wish they would come forward and explain themselves. If you’re not a suspect, at least come forward and say what you’ve seen.”

I don't recall this ever being resolved.
No, it apparently was not resolved. I posted a history of TBI updates and that vehicle is still there but that was up to and incl 2022/3

We were frantically searching for the thing..

If they still believe it, there is no reason not to.
They had a lot of resources at the time.

Don Wells: I don’t think she’s in the area because the dog goes down to the road and that’s the end of the trail, but I don’t know that for a fact. The way that she just disappeared, she would never do that,” Don Wells said.

June 17, 2021

She could well have gone for a trot because the entire landscape had been altered while they were out.
Any kid would have wanted to go check it out..
but TBI didn't acknowledge that so Don could well be away with the fairies..

This has been the problem with Summer’s disappearance from ground zero. Factual information flowing from the home was ever changing and evolved as the interviews went on. If you’re telling the truth, minute details might be added with time, but core facts don’t change.

We don’t know details of why her brothers were removed from the home, but the fact they haven’t been returned after all this time, speaks loudly.

I see from recent interviews with Don, and Canduce still refusing to speak- nothing has changed three years later. MOO

Got your hopes up about what exactly? In no way do I ever hope that remains found are of a missing child. All my opinion of course.

My hope is a loved one is not the person that finds their loved ones remains. It's an image that is hard to compartmentalize for most people. We always want the missing rescued, but probability of survival is a tough conversation to have with loved ones, but has to happen. Sadly a body/remains recovery is the outcome that many families face of the missing. I want Summer recovered. imo

This has been the problem with Summer’s disappearance from ground zero. Factual information flowing from the home was ever changing and evolved as the interviews went on. If you’re telling the truth, minute details might be added with time, but core facts don’t change.

We don’t know details of why her brothers were removed from the home, but the fact they haven’t been returned after all this time, speaks loudly.

I see from recent interviews with Don, and Canduce still refusing to speak- nothing has changed three years later. MOO
My gut keeps saying TBI threw everything at a physical search for Summer.
As the investigation got muddier and less clear and more of a circus side show up on ben hill...
I believe Hawkins County and CPS decided collectively the most important thing was the safety and removal of those boys from that environment.

Once that happened, the sense of urgency has just ebbed away.

TBH Every new year I think of them....and I always have this feeling that neither of them will see another year out.....and every year they just keep on keeping on.
Like cats with nine lives they are! lucky

June 14, 2024 - TBI Video

"Case Not Cold" Josh Melton, TBI's Assistant Director, Criminal Investigation Division shares reassurance that 3 years later, missing child Summer Moon-Utah Wells' case has NOT been marked as "cold" IF you have any information regarding the dissappearance, or seen, Summer, please contact TIPS: 1-800-TBI-FIND / TipsToTBI@tbi.tn.govSource: TBI Media

Rogersville, Tenn. (WJHL) – Missing children advocates and content creators from all over gathered at Rogersville City Park on Friday to remember Summer Wells and spread awareness about her disappearance.

“We’re trying to make a statement for Summer, and what we wanted to do was actually see that the law enforcement here in the county know that we’re still standing strong for Summer, that we want to be her voice,” Phillips said.

Content creators from as far as England came to the Stand for Summer Wells gathering.

These advocates and content creators, along with many more, will gather at the Third annual Summer’s Day Vigil on June 15 at Warriors Path State Park at 4 p.m. at Pavilion #5.

The event commemorates the anniversary of her disappearance. A butterfly release will take place at 7 p.m.

My gut keeps saying TBI threw everything at a physical search for Summer.
As the investigation got muddier and less clear and more of a circus side show up on ben hill...
I believe Hawkins County and CPS decided collectively the most important thing was the safety and removal of those boys from that environment.

Once that happened, the sense of urgency has just ebbed away.

TBH Every new year I think of them....and I always have this feeling that neither of them will see another year out.....and every year they just keep on keeping on.
Like cats with nine lives they are! lucky
Two things that really stick out for me. "Supposedly planting flowers" Leslie Earhart TBI". " Both cases bleed into one another " John Pruitt HCSO. MOO

June 14, 2024 - TBI Video

"Case Not Cold" Josh Melton, TBI's Assistant Director, Criminal Investigation Division shares reassurance that 3 years later, missing child Summer Moon-Utah Wells' case has NOT been marked as "cold" IF you have any information regarding the dissappearance, or seen, Summer, please contact TIPS: 1-800-TBI-FIND / TipsToTBI@tbi.tn.govSource: TBI Media

Sure feels like it though. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back