TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why did they yank him out of the car and put him on the ground for reckless driving in the first place?

I was pulled over for reckless driving (45 in a 30) and the officer just stood at my window got my license ect ect. Normal traffic stop. I was not asked to leave my vehicle.

I was scared to watch the video but as horrible as this was, it still doesn't compare to poor Kelly Thomas. And his killers got away with it.

We will always wonder because these murderers will be silent <modsnip - bashing LE who were not charged or named as POI>. IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moo..these men are just violent fools..they were supposed to be community calmer..they just bad men. I lived on first nation land the first nation cops would just pull over autos and take all alcohol and what ever . We family big party on weekend.. it is what it is. Why was it 5 black men cops? Maybe mix it up a bit? Moo

Why did it take so long for EMT? Did the cops purposely let time lapse to make him suffer?
yes! They acted like "he was so high" that they just didn't care about him or his well-being at all.

I'm so disgusted just like I ALWAYS am when this happens. MOO but body cams were supposed to stop this kind of behavior and with the exposure that these cases have been getting, I cannot wrap my head around how you can BE AT WORK beating down another human being, while you also know you are being recorded, while you also know that the courts have been sending others away for a LONG time in the most recent cases! I get so upset and invested in each and every case like this and I'm so tired of the public becoming a witness to murder .. I will not let them desensitize me, this will always outrage me.

Moo..street fight not gang...they are a group not a gang ..there is a difference..moo

They acted like gang members though. Beating the guy, everyone taking their turn at him and then stand around talking about their bullied target while he lay dying. That is another form of assault, to let him suffer on the ground while they are feeling good about it.

These 5 people were animalistic, filled with rage because someone escaped from them. What they did has nothing to do with policing, they acted with revenge. I would be humiliated if I were one of them but I don’t think they care about character and integrity. They deserve the most severe ramifications. It’s sickening.

yes! They acted like "he was so high" that they just didn't care about him or his well-being at all.

I'm so disgusted just like I ALWAYS am when this happens. MOO but body cams were supposed to stop this kind of behavior and with the exposure that these cases have been getting, I cannot wrap my head around how you can BE AT WORK beating down another human being, while you also know you are being recorded, while you also know that the courts have been sending others away for a LONG time in the most recent cases! I get so upset and invested in each and every case like this and I'm so tired of the public becoming a witness to murder .. I will not let them desensitize me, this will always outrage me.

Cruelty of the worst kind! I’m curious about their backgrounds, they obviously have a violence mentality. They should have never been in an authoritarian profession. The system needs more personal vetting if this is what is coming out of LE.

I know, right? To release the video on a Friday night is just insane. What are they thinking?
Perhaps allowing time for most government employees to leave work, avoiding possivle rush hour traffic delays, allowing enough time for students to get home from school, etc. It also allows time for things to rise up and then simmer down, giving the city a chance to "clean up" and make plans for the next work day.

The vast majority of Americans have no idea how to talk about this case without fearing judgment and fearing cancellation. Tonight’s protests were anemic, non-issues. Pizza was served at the biggest one. Why is that? Because smart people are waxing prosaic, but fundamentally what does the average American guy in Kansas who just wants to live his life and got B minuses in high school history make of a case where five black cops killed a black man who was raised right there, and a black police chief condemned it and black civil rights activists are on the podiums saying generalist things (yea, that was bad, and) … millions upon millions of Americans at a loss for what this means but smart enough to shut up and duck in cancel culture. Millions and millions.

It’s crazy… did they know each other? The officer’s and EMT’s? He was in dire need of medical help at that time.
I didn’t get the impression that the officers knew Tyre. It would almost make more sense to me (as much as something senseless can make sense) if they DID know him. But I don’t think they did. I think they just didn’t see him as a human being and felt entitled to do whatever they wanted in the moment to him.

They acted like gang members though. Beating the guy, everyone taking their turn at him and then stand around talking about their bullied target while he lay dying. That is another form of assault, to let him suffer on the ground while they are feeling good about it.

These 5 people were animalistic, filled with rage because someone escaped from them. What they did has nothing to do with policing, they acted with revenge. I would be humiliated if I were one of them but I don’t think they care about character and integrity. They deserve the most severe ramifications. It’s sickening.
I agree with everything you said, it was sickening to witness. I hope they all receive the same extended prison sentence, not one of them tried to intervene on Tyre's behalf when he was clearly not fighting them anymore. They acted like wolves attacking an isolated, frightened, prey.

Perhaps allowing time for most government employees to leave work, avoiding possivle rush hour traffic delays, allowing enough time for students to get home from school, etc. It also allows time for things to rise up and then simmer down, giving the city a chance to "clean up" and make plans for the next work day.
Memphis has two hundred and fifty, maybe three hundred years of weight on it, and it’s unrelenting - slavery and segregation to the side, Eliza was slaughtered on the street by some felon who left his flip flops less than what, six months ago? The blues were born there and live there now. A night is nothing in Memphis time. Five hundred years won’t cure Memphis and this case is a brick wall for them even on that optimistic timeframe.

How sad is that I couldn’t watch the whole thing I I’m crying now that is just so messed up 4 anyone let alone authority and 2 b called scorpions wow that’s sickening 2 me

I’m not sure if this can be shared here, but this is Tyre’s photography site. He moved to Memphis from Sacramento, California, for a change of pace. Last week, one of his friends posted that Tyre loved the beauty of Tennessee and said that he was at peace here.

<modsnip - added link to approved site>
T Nichols Photography
Thank you for posting this. This breaks my heart even more (photography is one of my passions), I read he was on his way home from taking photos when he was pulled over.

Pittsburgh is preparing.

*edit - per @sds71 post of tweet, looks like delay of video release until next week.
I hope everything is peaceful I’m around Philly and hope everything goes smoothly

** no, just the fire dept investigating next week. I need to stop speed reading

Moo..no that is totally not gang like. Gangs there is a reason for assault...These are cops.. they have no reason..they were just angry...it was a beat down i watched the video..they have a uniform and they got ugly...moo

Does anyone know if any of the MSM outlets aired this with subtitles or an accompanying audio transcript… it’s really hard to hear what is being said in a lot of this video, and to try to hear, I keep having to rewind and am forced to watch and rewatch one of the most horrific things I have ever seen… and I just can’t anymore… it’s getting me super upset and I feel sick, but I feel like it’s important to know and fully understand the whole story of what these animals did to this man… that said, if anyone knows of a transcript, or has a link to a video with subtitles, I would appreciate it. Thanks…

God bless you, Tyre… and your sweet mother… and your entire family… and all those who knew and loved you and are mourning your loss… and God bless anyone and everyone else who has ever been through anything like this at the hands of those who are sworn to serve and protect… I NEVER WANT TO SEE OR HEAR OF THIS AGAIN - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND IT HAS TO STOP!

I have no words for this… I am just sick to my stomach.

After watching the video IMOH
They need to be drug tested first… that behavior was not normal and the range that happened instantly reminds me of someone on narcotics. That’s just my opinion though.
Second, I want to know if any of them knew this guy. In the pole camera you see 3 of them beating him at first with a 4th off to the side looking like he was on the phone then in the distance you see blue lights and then the blue lights are at the scene and the 5th runs up and instantly kicks the victim. Didn’t assess the situation nothing just ran up and kicked. I believe this is the one later seen limping. But as you see with other arriving officers they kinda look around then act. Also my opinion only but not one of the people at that scene should go without having consequences of some type. They not only beat him terribly but then proceeded to drag him to a sitting up position and then just stand around and what looked like medical aid just stood there staring at him, the vitctim falls over and the medical aid just stares at him, watches him try to sit back up and then fall back down. He’s obviously (even looking from a distance) is severely hurt and it seemed like they all just sat there waiting for him to die slowly and painfully. I will never understand how not one person has the guts to stand up and push for the right thing to be done. I think if their records are looked into deep enough a lot of skeletons are about to fall out. Let’s hope they are held accountable for every single one of them.

I literally cried reading this.
I know, right? I watched the full interview this morning between his parents and Don Lemon and I was a bawling… Then I watched the full press conference with his family, and the same thing… Just couldn’t stop sobbing… His poor mother, his sweet, sweet mother… When I hear her speak about this, any part of this, I just lose it. Prayers for her, and the entire family… I just can’t even imagine what she’s going through, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

The video must be absolutely horrible to have this kind of tension before its even released. I don’t want to watch it and probably won’t, but a part of me feels I should bear witness to what happened to poor Tyre. I’m thinking of his family and community tonight and hoping for change. MOO
I feel the same way. I haven't yet watched the video and feel bad for admitting this. I'm quite sensitive and feel a great deal of empathy towards people who are suffering. I don't think I'll ever be able to get it out of my head if I watch it. I don't even watch violent TV or movies nevermind real life.
And the thought of what his parent's are going through. It just breaks my heart.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27