TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What is the impact of watching videos of graphic real-life violence?

Dr. Amanda J. Calhoun, an expert in the psychological effect of trauma, says that both adults and adolescents, especially Black people, should carefully consider before consuming videos of police violence.

I now wish I hadn’t watched the Tyre footage. I had nightmares for days after George Floyd.

As much as the beating, the cursing, the inhumanity of it all is so horrific, it’s Tyre screaming for his mom. I will never unhear that and neither will she.

More need to be charged.

Why didn’t the paramedics look after him? I don’t get it.

MOO

I'm horrified and disgusted. The pole camera seals EVERYTHING. And they just walked around, except for the one officer who was kicking him - he was limping. Absolutely terrible and they should be under the jail.
IMO they were -ego upset- because some pepperspray got on THEM in the initial encounter… and upset that TN out-ran THEM (even after the taser).
It looked like when THEY finally caught up with TN one of THEM pepper sprayed TN many times. OMG ! TN screamed for his mom..then THEY unleashed kicking and baton hitting. ALL of THEM bigger & out of breath ..THEY stood around looking at what THEY just caught & beat up IMO.
I saw 2 men arrive with a medical bag …but then THEY also stood around talking.. to THEM who were cussing, justifying & bragging.
I kept thinking where is an ambulance? Where is aide for this obviously beaten & dying person?
What is wrong with THEM.
Where is humanity?

MOO

IMO they were -ego upset- because some pepperspray got on THEM in the initial encounter… and upset that TN out-ran THEM (even after the taser).
It looked like when THEY finally caught up with TN one of THEM pepper sprayed TN many times. OMG ! TN screamed for his mom..then THEY unleashed kicking and baton hitting. ALL of THEM bigger & out of breath ..THEY stood around looking at what THEY just caught & beat up IMO.
I saw 2 men arrive with a medical bag …but then THEY also stood around talking.. to THEM who were cussing, justifying & bragging.
I kept thinking where is an ambulance? Where is aide for this obviously beaten & dying person?
What is wrong with THEM.
Where is humanity?

MOO
All of that. All of it. WTH?

That poor man, lying on the ground, in and out of consciousness, his brain bleeding and swelling while a bunch of Cops stand around doing nothing.

WTH???

As much as the beating, the cursing, the inhumanity of it all is so horrific, it’s Tyre screaming for his mom. I will never unhear that and neither will she.

More need to be charged.

Why didn’t the paramedics look after him? I don’t get it.

MOO
I read that he screamed for his mom and I thought of my two boys. I would never, ever be able to get over that, as a mother. Everything about this is sick and sad.

I read that he screamed for his mom and I thought of my two boys. I would never, ever be able to get over that, as a mother. Everything about this is sick and sad.
His mother is so gracious. I really admire her.

Everyone commenting and describing on these officers beating, kicking, using a baton, dragging him etc lets not forget the worst part...the poor man was HANDCUFFED while all this was going on! IMO the cops all need to spend the rest of their lives in prison (and Ill stop here before I get banned)

I am watching on News Nation.

I saw the video. Disturbing. I am unclear why he was pulled from the car for a traffic stop. Tyre is clearly resisting, and the police clearly use violent punches and kicks. Hearing him crying out for his mother was sad. The police chief (unsure of his name) being interviewed by Leland Vittert seems very level-headed and he is concerned with over-charging to salve public anger.

That’s just my quick take.
I will need time to absorb what I just watched.

ETA: I changed is levelheaded to seems. As I process my thoughts, I must keep in mind that he is speaking from the biased perspective of a police chief.
Which police chief is that? I thought the Memphis police chief was a woman

his Everyone commenting and describing on these officers beating, kicking, using a baton, dragging him etc lets not forget the worst part...the poor man was HANDCUFFED while all this was going on! IMO the cops all need to spend the rest of their lives in prison (and Ill stop here before I get banned)
He wasn't totally cuffed at the time. The body cam shows a lot of this happened when he only had one cuff on. But he was essentially subdued so this did get way out of control. Lock them up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal
Back