Tonight at 10- Hailey as you've never seen her

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true that BD's responses are formed to fit public expectations, it says a lot to me. What parent who has a missing child is concerned about the public's opinion of them and their behavior? How does that help find their child?

All I know is what it indicates to me.

JMHO

When the video started, I had decided that I would try not to be so suspicious. But. I couldn't do it. I feel this was an attempt to rehabilitate BD's image.
Teary eyed, check. talk about daughter in present tense, check. Show videos, check. Talk about fun times and Hailey's personality, check.
It was supposed to be about Hailey, but to me it was about BD. Again. Then she adds, "I'm the lucky one. She's mine."

"No matter what's being said or thrown at me, I'm still very proud to be Hailey's mother," she said, "I'm the lucky one, she's mine."

Almost seems like she is trying to imply that the negativity is about Hailey and not her. I don't think I will ever understand this woman, guilty or innocent. Very strange.

I didn't watch the segment but from reading here, it looks like they showed a lot more pictures of Hailey as a child than as a preteen/teenager. I noticed the same thing on NG. Do they not have any recent pictures of Hailey? Or is there something "wrong" with the recent pictures? Hailey is still missing as a 13-year-old; it's not like she was found murdered and the show is showing her during different stages of her life. But even for murder victims, the vast majority of pictures we saw were taken in the last couple of years of their life. The whole point of all these appearances is to get Hailey's name and face out there and putting pictures of her as a 2-year-old isn't going to help.

I didn't watch the segment but from reading here, it looks like they showed a lot more pictures of Hailey as a child than as a preteen/teenager. I noticed the same thing on NG. Do they not have any recent pictures of Hailey? Or is there something "wrong" with the recent pictures? Hailey is still missing as a 13-year-old; it's not like she was found murdered and the show is showing her during different stages of her life. But even for murder victims, the vast majority of pictures we saw were taken in the last couple of years of their life. The whole point of all these appearances is to get Hailey's name and face out there and putting pictures of her as a 2-year-old isn't going to help.

Thinking the same thing.

Am I the only one that - after watching that video and during - felt like I'd fallen down the rabbit hole to the Anthony's????

snipped from:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=343086

But as the baby of the house, Hailey does have a streak of mischief!
"We prank each other all the time," Billie reflects.
And a sense of adventure.
"She loves going to Six Flags," Billie recalls, "that's our thing, we're thrill seekers."
Roller coasters were Hailey's favorite.

:waitasec: :waitasec:

"thrill seekers" ... "prank" ... "mischief"

When I read this, it seemed to me that Billie was really referring to her and Shawn ... not Hailey ...

My opinion...

Prayers for Hailey ... I hope you are found soon.
Sounds like BD wants people to think HD is like her. I don't believe it. As for pranking each other, in my eyes it seems like BD life was all about her and SA with no room for her children.
JMO

This is JMO - I know this is suppose to be a heart warming look at Hailey, but why not show more recent times. They need to get Hailey's face out there as she looks now. She might still be alive, and she doesn't look like a little child anymore.

I was looking for the happy family times in the last year, maybe Hailey opening her presents at Christmas, or a recent birthday party. Did I miss the pic from Six Flags they took? I guess the purpose of this interview was to make Hailey more real to us. Yet, I don't get a sense of urgency from BD about her still missing daughter . BD talks as though she now knows Hailey's not going to be found alive. What was the purpose of the interview then?

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=343086
Actually I think the reason for this interview and the videos was because someone told BD that people on here were questioning where the pictures and videos of HD life was, after seeing the ones of SA.
It's still as if BD is trying to protect her own image.
MOO

As I watched the video I felt that BD probably, at that time in Hailey's life, was in a stable place. Not so much in the past several years ... The lifestyle of the parent directly relates to the stability and well being of the kid (s), MOO.

What's with the pranks being mentioned again?

Did fun loving SA pull a prank that went bad? It sounded like Hailey needed some closeness with her Mom, and all she got was pranks. BD would probably forgive SA 'cause he just likes to kid around all the time.

I can't speak for that family, but in my own family, we are all big on joking, laughing, even pranking each other. It's how we show our love. My mother had a wonderful sense of humor, and even though my dad was serious and quiet, once in a while he could send us all into a fit of giggles.
My grown boys and their families are the same way now, and we all still love kidding around. I don't find Billie's statement unusual or hinky in any way. Some families are like this, they find great joy in having a good time with each other.

Sorry - typo in my last line. Should have read voluntarily "restrained".

(However, Now that I think about it - CD has been involuntarily "stained" by some.)

PS to sweet Hailey - You are loved and missed by so many. Please give the searchers a sign so they can bring you home.

It's funny (as in strange) that yesterday I was trying to imagine how this lazy apathetic and stupid group would murder a child. I can't see it as cold blood. I have a hard time thinking SA was a child molester when his "woman of choice" is way older than he is. Also, the drugs they're on are "mellow" drugs for the most part. So...my thought was being high and happy and becoming dangerous. Playing out a joke. A prank gone bad. And then here I see today another reference to pranking. Hmmmm...That is looking better and better as a possible situation.

Aren't there any videos of Hailey at her current age? If not, I'd like to ask, why?

Hi y'all! :seeya:I haven't been on much in the last little while due to health reasons. I haven't stopped thinking about Hailey and wishing her well.

To put my :twocents: in Quiche, maybe wanting to remember the "happpier days" instead of the last year or so, just guessing. Raging hormonal teenagers are not always fun, esp. females, kwim. And esp. when mommy and daddy aren't getting back together and there's a guy you don't like living in your house creeping outside your bedroom door at night and who knows when else.

Hope to heck she ain't reflecting back on "those" years and yearning for a wee one again...:sick: JMHO

What's with saving "all" the baby clothes? A couple cutesy outfits, yes, but many? See above sentence.

Am I the only one that - after watching that video and during - felt like I'd fallen down the rabbit hole to the Anthony's????

Were the Cummings-Croslins there, too? :bricks:

"Oh - my - god!" :pullhair: Can Billie be anymore infuriating? :thud:

Hi y'all! :seeya:I haven't been on much in the last little while due to health reasons. I haven't stopped thinking about Hailey and wishing her well.

To put my :twocents: in Quiche, maybe wanting to remember the "happpier days" instead of the last year or so, just guessing. Raging hormonal teenagers are not always fun, esp. females, kwim. And esp. when mommy and daddy aren't getting back together and there's a guy you don't like living in your house creeping outside your bedroom door at night and who knows when else.

snipped

If the past "few" years were too rough to put in the video, why stop at age 2 or 3? What about the 10 years between 3 and 13? There were no middle years that I saw. So, so strange. :waitasec: Surely she couldn't have been hormonal since the age of four.

Glad you're feeling better.

I feel so sorry for Billie Jean Dunn, Clint Dunn and D. D.(I believe neither of these three people had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance).~~PEACE & COMFORT~~ to you all and I hope God grants you all your dearest and deepest wish: for Hailey to come home. I wouldn't like to be walking around in your shoes for anything...and I keep thinking "there by the grace of God goeth I...."

What's with saving "all" the baby clothes? A couple cutesy outfits, yes, but many? See above sentence.

It sounds better to be known as the mom who saved all the baby clothes than the mom who redecorated her daughter's room after she'd been missing for a few weeks IMO. (Not sure if the latter story is true but it is out there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx