Tony Padilla Q&A

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't LP get reimbursed the $50,000 when KC went back to Jail?

That is how the bondsman make their money. The fee is 10%. So LP was out the money, technically.

I think I get the pizza thing now. Everyone ate the pizza before they realized that no one from the house ordered it?

Yes, I finally figured out all of the above (awhile ago). Now I am wondering, since it has never been answered, if there may have been a summons so to speak for the P team to join the Baez team in FL. When LP realized that KC was as guilty as sin, he reneged which is causing all of the confusion because JB considers them part of his team.

I think that it appears as if the P's did some security work out of necessity for themselves. I don't think they were actively security people for the A's; they were just guarding their bounty. That's not confusing to me at all.

Remember the pizza that LP said was delivered to the house and everybody was invited to take a piece? LP said that they assumed it had been ordered by someone within the house. It turned out the pizza had been sent there and they already ate it. That would be unnerving to say the least. So, yes, everyone was interested in their own security.

LP was suppose to have acces to KC for a 'talk', but after she was bailed out JB & KC reneged. Which pretty much muted the point of why he paid $50,000.

He felt it was worth $50,000 if he could talk to her and get info that would allow him to start tracking down the baby and whom had her. As a bounty hunter, he is experienced in talking to people for clues and tracking down folks who are hiding...

He didn't renege on the deal. JB did. LP was in his rights to revoke the bond.

Why doesn't LP get reimbursed the $50,000 when KC went back to Jail?

TP is like a bank. When a person needs to be bonded out of jail, but don't have enough money for the bail, they take out a loan from a Bail Bondsman. The fee for such a loan is pretty standard of 10% of the bond amount. This fee is paid upfront.

KC didn't have the money for the fee. LP paid the fee for KC. That is the $50,000 fee for a $500,00 loan for the bond to let KC out of jail. The bank always keeps the fee, and so do bondsman. That is how they make their money.

That is why LP will not be getting his money back.

That is how the bondsman make their money. The fee is 10%. So LP was out the money, technically.

I think I get the pizza thing now. Everyone ate the pizza before they realized that no one from the house ordered it?

Yes. It was delivered by a regular delivery person, IIRC.

Yes. It was delivered by a regular delivery person, IIRC.

And it was ordered by some jokesters from an online forum.
(not this one of course)

I think anything LP said he "heard" would b hearsay. Not admissable.

I think the court would have to hear it from the source.

ITA. But then I don't understand why the defense is objecting so strongly to LP's testimony. Almost all of LP's "revelations" have been told to him by someone else. I would think the defense would be more concerned about Tracy and Rob giving their testimonies.

Maybe I'm just jaded or something (not) but I am like most people watching TV at that point who when they heard LP and TP were going to bond her out, said WHAAAAT are you serious? Remember Lenny was all over the news/Nancy Grace show saying he would get the truth out of her once she was home, he didn't believe she would harm her child, although he was at a loss to explain all her lies and deception,yadayada....
It took him a couple of hours at close quarters to see that he had been bamboozled by one of the best. She has been doing it all her life.

If she had been a 21 yr old black guy from the 'hood they would not have touched this case with a ten foot pole.

"Something off"- now that's funny - that deserves the award for understatement of the year...lol

Trust me, she is FAR from being one of the best. Her lies in and of themselves are extremely flimsy with nothing to back them (faked proof), for someone doing it their entire life. She really isn't all that good of a con-person.. she had nobody conned! The pregnancy, Cindy and george were the only ones who believed the lies, the armed robbery, even George didn't believe, Cindy and George both say they kinda knew she was lying about her job, they knew she stole the gas cans in the past.. stealing from the piggy bank, they knew everything they just dealt with it, ignored it. She thought she had them fooled but she didn't.

Her mother on the other hand..

I think the note made it evident that it wasn't ordered in.

They prolly just thought, "What the heck? It's pizza!"

ITA. But then I don't understand why the defense is objecting so strongly to LP's testimony. Almost all of LP's "revelations" have been told to him by someone else. I would think the defense would be more concerned about Tracy and Rob giving their testimonies.

He has to confirm he the agreement was with EVERYBODY, IIRC.

He can't just claim that he had an agreement with Tracy. TP is Tracy's boss.

LP is incidental. It's TP and co who are the targets.

No summons has been cited by anyone. I don't think an attorney can "require" that a bail bondsman and/or a bounty hunter must work with him. It certainly appeared that they were working for and with themselves.

He can summon them for testimony.

Again, if there is a legitimate reason why JB insists that the Ps had a formal with him, he will produce it.

The Ps were to se that KC didn't run.

The regular security people were there to protect her. If anyone was dubious about the pizza, it should not have got past KC's bodyguards.

Did I not say "summons so-to-speak" like "to call forth or evoke". (I have to go back and look at my post). I don't mean like in a subpoena. Work with me here please.

I thought we were allowed to discuss the why's, where's and how's of the circumstances of the case - just because we can/want to. I'm not saying that I am right.

Just trying to figure out how/why the Padilla's got involved in the first place. If it was purely a business move; I guess they got screwed so they're pissed.

TP is like a bank. When a person needs to be bonded out of jail, but don't have enough money for the bail, they take out a loan from a Bail Bondsman. The fee for such a loan is pretty standard of 10% of the bond amount. This fee is paid upfront.

KC didn't have the money for the fee. LP paid the fee for KC. That is the $50,000 fee for a $500,00 loan for the bond to let KC out of jail. The bank always keeps the fee, and so do bondsman. That is how they make their money.

That is why LP will not be getting his money back.

So you are telling me that the Uncle paid the 50 grand to the Nephew and no money was paid to the jail? Is that how it works?

Brini: LOL. Don't ya know that you would have to be some type of character to be a bounty hunter and that he is!

Then, you have Dog, who caught Andrew Luster. ...:)

LP was suppose to have acces to KC for a 'talk', but after she was bailed out JB & KC reneged. Which pretty much muted the point of why he paid $50,000.

He felt it was worth $50,000 if he could talk to her and get info that would allow him to start tracking down the baby and whom had her. As a bounty hunter, he is experienced in talking to people for clues and tracking down folks who are hiding...

He didn't renege on the deal. JB did. LP was in his rights to revoke the bond.

Man I need to take a break. Did LP revoke the bond or did KC return to jail on different charges?

I'm glad all of you understand what's going on :waitasec: you're a lot smarter than I am. :blowkiss:

Just listened to Lenny on the radio program from last night- he says Baez is simply very anxious to keep any revelations about Casey's demeanor, behavior, at home during the time they were all together out of the trial, because it would be damaging... He says he was in and out of the house for 9 days.
Then the Body Farm evidence started to come in and he knew. He had seen enough of her by then to know she was completely unconcerned about her child, and he is not hesitant to say so.
I really think if he can get on the stand he will make an excellent witness.

Man I need to take a break. Did LP revoke the bond or did KC return to jail on different charges?

I'm glad all of you understand what's going on :waitasec: you're a lot smarter than I am. :blowkiss:

She was re-arrested on the fraudulent check charges.
Then another company bailed out her out again.....:rolleyes:

So you are telling me that the Uncle paid the 50 grand to the Nephew and no money was paid to the jail? Is that how it works?

LP paid TP 50k. TP then in turn gave 500k to the clerk of courts office. Once they recalled the bond TP got back the 500k and kept LP's 50k as that was his fee for putting up 500k (that had the potential of being lost). It's feasible being family and all that TP might have given it back to LP, but then again perhaps not. TP can do what ever he wants with the 50k.

I think for LP the 50k was worth taking a crack at "solving" a high profile case and getting in the spot light that this case would provide. Kinda like Duane "Dog" Chapman and how the Andrew Luster case made him a household name. LP might have been hoping for the same kind of thing.

I like LP but he is a self proclaimed "media ____"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member