Tracey transcript

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, you mentioned it in post #3. http://www.scottish.co.uk/content....asp?s3 13

So Patsy playing JonBenet's little piano piece must not be there. Anyone know where it is? Too late to see and hear it? I can probably tell you what the song is. Don't know how I missed it when this went by the first time. Bet I never find it now.

That sent up a red flag to me, also. We've been told that the R's attorneys were in full swing by the night of the discovery of JB's little body and that John received counsel to hire attorneys that afternoon. Something here doesn't add up. The RST is saying that the BPD had their sights set on the Rs, and no one else, by that evening. These investigators are corroborating that by saying that they refused to work for the BPD the next day due to this. Perhaps if they had taken the job, the Rs wouldn't have been under the umbrella all this time, because the newly hired investigators would have "cleared" them, if at all possible.

IMO

Eagle1 said:
Yeah, you mentioned it in post #3. http://www.scottish.co.uk/content....asp?s3 13

So Patsy playing JonBenet's little piano piece must not be there. Anyone know where it is? Too late to see and hear it? I can probably tell you what the song is. Don't know how I missed it when this went by the first time. Bet I never find it now.

Patsy playing piano was on the second Tracey documentary. I'll have a hunt for it and record it for you.

Nehemiah said:
That sent up a red flag to me, also. We've been told that the R's attorneys were in full swing by the night of the discovery of JB's little body and that John received counsel to hire attorneys that afternoon. Something here doesn't add up. The RST is saying that the BPD had their sights set on the Rs, and no one else, by that evening. These investigators are corroborating that by saying that they refused to work for the BPD the next day due to this. Perhaps if they had taken the job, the Rs wouldn't have been under the umbrella all this time, because the newly hired investigators would have "cleared" them, if at all possible.

IMO

My sentiments entirely. These PIs were given a #golden# opportunity to clear the Ramseys and they turned it down. I'm wondering if they were "offered a more lucrative contract" by the Ramseys - very early in the investigation. It smells fishy to me.

Jayelles said:
My sentiments entirely. These PIs were given a #golden# opportunity to clear the Ramseys and they turned it down. I'm wondering if they were "offered a more lucrative contract" by the Ramseys - very early in the investigation. It smells fishy to me.

Yes, Jayelles, that is what I think. I believe that the Rs' attorneys offered them big bucks to pursue the "intruder"; therefore, that immediately polarized the investigation.

IMO

Nehemiah said:
Yes, Jayelles, that is what I think. I believe that the Rs' attorneys offered them big bucks to pursue the "intruder"; therefore, that immediately polarized the investigation.

IMO

I am racking my brains to think of an alternative explanation for a firm of Private Investigators turning down Police work ONE DAY into the investigation because 1) They felt the police were focusing on the most likely suspects and 2) they weren't being allowed a free reign in the investigation! Neither of these explanations sound very likely ONE DAY into the investigation!

Nehemiah said:

IMO

That is exactly what happened. In the very beginning, keep in mind that Haddon's law firm was hired by the RAMSEYS. The Ramseys still had lots of money. Haddon does not work cheap. Nobody who works for Haddon works cheap either.

Haddon and his friends are the most powerful people in Boulder and elsewhere. The "investigators" hired FOR the Ramseys (to keep them out of jail), did their job, and kept the Ramseys out of jail.

They are not in the NON profit business as is most LE. "PRIVATE" investigators working for Haddon make lots of money. Why in the world would they take a job working for the BPD?

Someday, like in many cases, somebody will "blow the whistle" on Haddon, Hunter and the others involved in this terrible case of corruption and cover up.

The Ramseys got what they PAID for, but the one thing they couldn't get was the public's respect, sympathy, and belief of innocence, which money CAN'T buy.

Barbara said:
The Ramseys got what they PAID for, but the one thing they couldn't get was the public's respect, sympathy, and belief of innocence, which money CAN'T buy.

Well said, Barbara. :clap:

Memo to the Ramseys:

Throwing innocent people under the bus to save your own sorry selves is no way to get respect. Suing everyone within spitting distance is no way to win sympathy. Refusing to cooperate with LE is no way to look innocent.

And Patsy, a three page ransom note? Honey, what were you thinking????

Next time, tell the truth.

IMO

This is the actress who narrated Tracey's documentary:-

http://www.geocities.com/zwsite/galleryzwportraits.jpg

Her name is Zoe Wanamaker and she is a very popular and talented character actress. She has a very distinctive voice - low and husky - the kind of voice that is associated with luxury chocolate or cigar advertisements. I think she's great.

jameson quesioned whether Tracey would redo the voiceover for the American market as he did previously. I am inclined to think he will use Miss Wanamaker for both this time. My reason for thinking so is in the transcript. The word "panties" was used and this is NOT common British usage. "Panties" has rather naughty connotations to us and would generally be used when the speaker was trying to be saucy. I am uncomfortable using the word in posts and tend to say "underwear" instead. I would imagine Miss Wanamaker felt the same way about saying it in the voiceover. In the UK, we would tend to use the word "pants" or "knickers" (although knickers is a bit more slang). To the Americans. "pants" means something else - we call them trousers.

So the fact that the word "panties" was used in the documentary, suggests to me that they may intend to use the same voiceover for the American market.

If of course, it ever reaches the American market.

I really doubt the documentary will make the US market. It was a hot property a few weeks ago and no one here seems interested in showing it! With the Peterson case going and MJ's in September I'd really be surprised if even a local cable access channel will be interested in it.

Show Me said:
I really doubt the documentary will make the US market. It was a hot property a few weeks ago and no one here seems interested in showing it! With the Peterson case going and MJ's in September I'd really be surprised if even a local cable access channel will be interested in it.

I think the American networks might feel that they are skating on thin ice with this one. Too many Americans know his identity. Someone may come forward and name him and then they'd bascially be showing a programme which accuses a man of a double/triple murder and sexual assault WITHOUT the benefit of testing his DNA. What about his presumption of innocence?

THere may have been an element of safety in showing it in the UK where relatively few people know the name "Ramsey" and where interest appears to have died already. I've been watching some of the British crime forums and there was a small flurry of posts in the days following the programme and now nothing at all.

Barbara said:
Haddon and his friends are the most powerful people in Boulder and elsewhere. The "investigators" hired FOR the Ramseys (to keep them out of jail), did their job, and kept the Ramseys out of jail.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_ 912274,00.html

==================================================

When 'the system' falls short

Ex-investigator for Ramseys says case has eroded his belief in DA, cops, media, PR people, 'the entire cast of characters'

By Charlie Brennan, News Staff Writer
December 18, 2001

Private investigator Ellis Armistead's belief in many aspects of "the system" were shaken by his 3 1/2 years working for John and Patsy Ramsey.

"I don't have as much confidence in the system now," said Armistead, in the first interview he has given in the case. "And, when, I say 'system,' I mean not just the police, but the entire system -- including to a degree, the media, to a degree the police, to a degree the prosecutors, to a degree the PR people, just the entire cast of characters."

Armistead, a 51-year-old Alabama native, was hired by the Ramseys' lawyers to work on the couple's behalf. He quit the case June 2, 2000, one day before the family posted on the Internet a sketch of a possible suspect that was produced by a psychic.

(SNIP)

"It seemed to become a contest of who could be on television next, and I don't think that's where these cases belong," Armistead said. "I don't think that the clients belonged on TV. To me, it's nonproductive and took away from the focus of the case."

Armistead said the Ramseys' use of paid public relations personnel "was bizarre, to me," and that he voiced his opinion to the lawyers at Haddon, Morgan & Foreman.

"I think I expressed my concerns, along with several other people, that this was not in their best interests," he said. "I don't know that I ever really got a response."

Armistead said that, contrary to what many might believe, he was privy to very little firsthand information or evidence in the case, other than what he and other defense-team investigators developed.

(SNIP)

It was close to two years after the crime that he first saw crime-scene photographs.

(SNIP)

Armistead said his assignment, working for the Ramseys' lawyers, was not to solve the crime. It was to keep the Ramseys from being arrested.

"I was alert to the fact that there's no getting around the fact that many children who are killed are killed by their parents," he said. "It was not like I was naive. It wouldn't have changed how I did anything. It didn't really matter to me whether they did it or didn't do it.

"I saw my mandate as being to protect the Ramseys. At some point in time, there was some pressure to 'find the killer.' But I was not in a position to do that. I didn't have access to the evidence."

==================================================

Yep...John told Patsy, in his book DOI, '...the purpose of our investigators and lawyers has ALWAYS been to keep the two of us out of jail.'

Armistead said his assignment, working for the Ramseys' lawyers, was not to solve the crime. It was to keep the Ramseys from being arrested.

At least they agree on one thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo
Back