Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
8/5/2009 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 8/7/2009

Hearing was scheduled for 08/07, no entries posted. However, the above was posted in the court minutes ... Party 1 is the State.

Thanks Knox, i was curious to see if any new information was on the internet since the hearing, though I can't seem to find anything unfortunately.

Would the bloody print be one of the exhibits and the photos on the camera? (Along with other items taken from the home or car, etc...?)

One would would think those would be some of the exhibits that's for sure. I can't remember if they actually found the knife, if so, I'm sure that's one of the exhibits also. I wonder if we'll find out anything new prior to conference in september. I check the internet daily for any new updates, though don't see anything.

Thanks nobodyzgirl ... Wonder who Flores is? I thought when reading the minutes ... whomever Flores is, he tied Exhibit 27 to Jodi by identifying her in court? The defense does not like this evidence and presented an argument.

1. State Request's Handwriting Exemplars from Jodi
  2. Esteban Flores is sworn and testifies

[*]State’s Exhibit 27 is received in evidence;
    [*]
    LET THE RECORD REFLECT that the witness makes an in-court identification of the Defendant.​
    [*]
    The witness is excused
    [*]
    4:22 p.m. Court stands at recess.
    4:28 p.m. Court reconvenes with the Defendant and respective counsel present.
    Court reporter, Scott Kindle, is present.
    Argument is heard.
    IT IS ORDERED taking this matter under advisement.

Thanks nobodyzgirl ... Wonder who Flores is? I thought when reading the minutes ... whomever Flores is, he tied Exhibit 27 to Jodi by identifying her in court? The defense does not like this evidence and presented an argument.

[*]
    LET THE RECORD REFLECT that the witness makes an in-court identification of the Defendant.​
    [*]
    The witness is excused
    [*]
    Argument is heard.

He is the detective that Travis' family and friends called to put him on the trail of Jodi. I wonder if Exhibit 27 are the digital pictures, or if it's something else we have not been made aware of and will have to await the trial to hear what it was.

He is the detective that Travis' family and friends called to put him on the trail of Jodi. I wonder if Exhibit 27 are the digital pictures, or if it's something else we have not been made aware of and will have to await the trial to hear what it was.

I really hope it's more evidence than we've heard so far. I'd like to see an airtight case built and the more evidence the better? (I think she's guilty but I do worry that a jury may not see things the same.)

[*]
    [*]
    The witness is excused

[*]
    Argument is heard.

Thanks so much, Knox. This snippet is tantalizing.

Apparently, he is a police detective:
http://www.bittenandbound.com/2009/03/08/jodi-arias-myspace-photos-travis-alexander-murdered/

"Family and friends immediately put Detective Esteban Flores of the Mesa Police Department on Arias’ trail, believing that she had killed him. Evidence implicating her included a bloody palm print, hair samples and a digital camera with eight incriminating photos from the day Alexander was murdered."

As you note, it's interesting that he is not just linked to the evidence (for example, something found on the scene), he and probably the exhibit are somehow linked to his personal encounter with her.

It's also interesting that her handwriting sample has been requested. Perhaps for signatures on her extended trip or letters found in Travis' house.

In any case, it sounds like the prosecutor is doing is job.

I really hope it's more evidence than we've heard so far. I'd like to see an airtight case built and the more evidence the better? (I think she's guilty but I do worry that a jury may not see things the same.)

Hi, Boyz Mum; one never knows for sure, but I think that this case will be a slam dunk. The bloody handprint and the digital camera time stamp place her at the scene as well as her alibi, if that's admissible.

Wonder if they found that missing gun? Looking forward to the trial so we can see the evidence! Hey Chanler wanna take a stab at what the 27 exhibits may be? :)

Wonder if they found that missing gun? Looking forward to the trial so we can see the evidence! Hey Chanler wanna take a stab at what the 27 exhibits may be? :)

Hi, Knox, that's a really good question. The range is great: crime scene photos, the camera, the recovered photos, phone records, computer records, credit card records, the hair sample, tape of Jodi's interrogation, her alibi tape.

I would doubt that the gun has been found; as people here have said; it's probably somewhere in the desert or in a body of water. (She certainly had enough to dispose of bloody clothing or incriminating shoes.)

The more I think about it, the more I think that Jodi's lawyer and family are probably trying hard to convince her to confess to the murder, but make it less premeditated.

Hi, Knox, that's a really good question. The range is great: crime scene photos, the camera, the recovered photos, phone records, computer records, credit card records, the hair sample, tape of Jodi's interrogation, her alibi tape.

I would doubt that the gun has been found; as people here have said; it's probably somewhere in the desert or in a body of water. (She certainly had enough to dispose of bloody clothing or incriminating shoes.)

The more I think about it, the more I think that Jodi's lawyer and family are probably trying hard to convince her to confess to the murder, but make it less premeditated.
De-Lurk.

Jodi's lawyer has withdrawn herself from the case, and new counsel is to be appointed for her.

There was also mention of sealed minutes to be added.

Before this, Jodi made an "in per pro motion" for a change of counsel that seemed to imply that she wished to defend herself Ted Bundy style -- that would be really interesting, to say the least.

Glad you came out of Lurkville bryanwd, Welcome!!

Can't say I am surprised by the withdrawal, as you can see her Pro Per Motion has been discussed here, pretty clear what her intentions were. Wish we had more info on the motion to withdraw, it's my guess Jodi does not respond well to women wonder if that contributed? I can also imagine she fought her attorney at every step, as we know her reality does not necessarily reflect the norm.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082009/m3843543.pdf

De-Lurk.

Jodi's lawyer has withdrawn herself from the case, and new counsel is to be appointed for her.

Before this, Jodi made an "in per pro motion" for a change of counsel that seemed to imply that she wished to defend herself Ted Bundy style -- that would be really interesting, to say the least.

Hi, bryanwd; thanks for this info. I can only imagine the difficulties that Jodi's ex-attorney encountered attempting to counsel her. Since the crime, she has been smoothing her own way to the death chamber.

Glad you came out of Lurkville bryanwd, Welcome!!

Can't say I am surprised by the withdrawal, as you can see her Pro Per Motion has been discussed here, pretty clear what her intentions were. Wish we had more info on the motion to withdraw, it's my guess Jodi does not respond well to women wonder if that contributed? I can also imagine she fought her attorney at every step, as we know her reality does not necessarily reflect the norm.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082009/m3843543.pdf

Hi, Knox, I think that even at this early stage, a good lawyer would be attempting to edge her towards a plea bargain; anything short of premeditated slaughter. I think that in Jodi's mind, she wasn't maliciously murdering him, she was performing an act of a self-empowering act of a sort of exorcism; getting past him to move on. That sounds weird, but it accounts for her certainty.

De-Lurk.

bryanwd, thank you for coming out of "lurker mode". Welcome! :blowkiss:

I am not sure why Jodi would want to defend herself. Is there a real psychotic disorder at work here? She may speak and sound "smart", but looking back, she seems rather delusional? JMO.

I am not sure why Jodi would want to defend herself. Is there a real psychotic disorder at work here? She may speak and sound "smart", but looking back, she seems rather delusional? JMO.

I think it's near impossible for her to defend her story without making herself look mentally ill. If she does defend herself, hopefully she does as good a job as Ted Bundy did. I would love to know what the reasoning is for the defense attorney to step down, other than Jodi would very hard to counsel. It would have to have been for a very good reason, otherwise the court would not have agreed.

I think it's near impossible for her to defend her story without making herself look mentally ill. If she does defend herself, hopefully she does as good a job as Ted Bundy did. I would love to know what the reasoning is for the defense attorney to step down, other than Jodi would very hard to counsel. It would have to have been for a very good reason, otherwise the court would not have agreed.

Hi, Nobodyzgirl, I think that Jodi will have problems with any court appointed lawyer, because [1] she's a stubborn, strong-willed woman who won't admit that she did anything wrong and [2] court-appointed lawyers are overworked and harried, unable to spend the necessary time hand-holding her through this process. I wouldn't be surprised if Jodi changes lawyers again, but as far as I know, she hasn't made any formal request to become her own lawyer.

Of course, that doesn't mean that she won't try to direct the entire case from the prisoner's chair. And I would bet my new shoes will she will insist on testifying.....

Hi, Boyz Mum. I think that Jodi does have problems with realistic thinking. I think that she thinks that she is much smarter and more perceptive than she really is. She also possesses a very strong sense of determination: Who among us could murder some one we once held very dear and then gone on with her life as if nothing had happened?

She may be somewhat delusional, but she does not qualify as legally insane: She clearly knows the difference between right and wrong because she tried to conceal the crime and constructed alibis to protect herself from prosecution.

I seem to remember a request for a Psych Eval s ome time back, wish we could see the results!!! Ted Bundy did a good job defending himself because he was a pre-law student right? I think he also worked as a DV or VCA counselor along with Ann Rule for a time. He had experience with the legal system and was actually very intelligent. I don't think Jodi wants to represent herself, more than likely the last attorney would not allow her to call the shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP