Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this case since she was arrested. There used to be a very comprehensive discussion of the case on another web site, that I used to join in with, however, I am not sure if the thread still exists there.

I hate this woman too. She has lied, lied, lied and changed her story too many times and tried to evade justice for so long it is disgusting.

I can't remember whether Travis Alexander was shot first, I think possibly he was (when she was still trying to blame her two intruders in black clothes, she said Travis was shot first and the gun didn't fire or misfired when it was pointed at her). If there is an element of truth in that, if she did indeed try to shoot Travis once then finish off the job with a second bullet, her gun may well have blocked (or whatever you call that in technical terms?) Travis Alexander suffered multiple stab wounds. His throat was cut. I am not sure whether he was shot or stabbed first. I would be inclined to think that he was shot first though.

I hope the Alexander family shortly get the justice that they have waited so patiently for.

I will go look for the details again... saw it long ago somewhere. I also remember a discussion of the order of how it happened. I also remember something about a jammed gun.

Self defense in my opinion is to render the person incapable to harm you. If he was such a danger to her, why come so close to the victim by stabbing him and stabbing him in the back. She is toast.

I do however think she might not get the Death Penalty, her lawyers are now trying to safe her life, not trying to get her off.

She will remain in prison in my opinion. She admitted to killing him?

Not sure, but if you admit to killing someone, even if it is self defense, you are guilty?

I cant see them arguing that she fought for her life. She shot him (as I understand) by standing above him. The bullet went in behind his eye and exit in the opposite side's cheek. It rendered him unable to fight. Then came the stabs? Not sure what came first though...

Were the stabs first? I heard he had stab wounds to his back. She stabbed him in the back as he was trying to get away from her.

I hate this woman. I have no connection whatsoever to the victim, just a crime sleuth, but I hate her. Her smugness makes me wanna smack her face.

Hi, Davita. The shot came first. My guess is that she went into the bathroom, pretending to take a picture as he emerged from the shower. Her shot was well-aimed, but didn't kill him. He probably staggered out of the bathroom, attempting to seize the gun, and she stabbed him, I believe nearly two dozen times, after he collapsed onto the floor; then used the sheet that they found in the washer to drag him back into the shower, where she apparently washed him down.

As for self-defense, the argument is based on a few things: First, Jodi was seen with cuts on her forearm shortly after she returned to California; originally, another reason to point suspicion her way. Second, surprisingly enough, her inept attempt to cover up the crime: I assume that the argument will be that she was so traumatized by the event that she just went on automatic. Third, the erotic photographs which supposed prove that Travis sexually abused her and the supposition that he was attacking while he was nude. (Ultimately, of course, her only appeal to Travis seems to have been sexual, but that proves nothing.) None of this will, of course, convince a jury, but at this point, it is the best card they have.

I cant see them arguing that she fought for her life. She shot him (as I understand) by standing above him. The bullet went in behind his eye and exit in the opposite side's cheek. It rendered him unable to fight. Then came the stabs? Not sure what came first though...

Were the stabs first? I heard he had stab wounds to his back. She stabbed him in the back as he was trying to get away from her.

I hate this woman. I have no connection whatsoever to the victim, just a crime sleuth, but I hate her. Her smugness makes me wanna smack her face.

She actually shot him right above his brow and the bullet lodged in his cheek.

My theory was that after she shot him, and he was still alive.. one of two this happened.. she went to shoot him again, and there comes in the misfire... Or she thought, wow that was loud and it's early evening.. I probably shouldn't do that again.. and turned to stabbing.

Now by the size of the stab wounds, they were quite large.. not really a knife you could just have in your purse.. I think, after the unsuccessful shooting, she retrieved a knife from the kitchen.. I find it hard to believe that even if she did pre-meditate his murder, I don't seen her bringing a gun and a big ol' dundee knife as well.

I dunno, just thoughts.

She actually shot him right above his brow and the bullet lodged in his cheek.

My theory was that after she shot him, and he was still alive.. one of two this happened.. she went to shoot him again, and there comes in the misfire... Or she thought, wow that was loud and it's early evening.. I probably shouldn't do that again.. and turned to stabbing.

Now by the size of the stab wounds, they were quite large.. not really a knife you could just have in your purse.. I think, after the unsuccessful shooting, she retrieved a knife from the kitchen.. I find it hard to believe that even if she did pre-meditate his murder, I don't seen her bringing a gun and a big ol' dundee knife as well.

I dunno, just thoughts.

Hi, SheStartedIt. I think that the murder was premeditated: She seems to have brought the gun and then destroyed it or buried it in the desert. I think that you are right about the knife, but I wouldn't be surprised she had it nearby as back-up in a plan that almost certainly included deliberate elements of surprise (catching Travis defenseless in the bathroom; the camera as a decoy). After the shot to the head, Travis would have been bloody, partially blinded, and impaired, hardly in a condition to take effective advantage of his side and strength. Jodi's repeated slashes were no doubt a combination of panic and pent-up anger.

Here's something completely new, regarding one of the murder weapons.. Jodi admitted to owning a 9mm, but Travis was shot by a .25. I always wondered where and how that gun came into play.. and I suppose, here is that answer: (latest court minutes posted)

Defendant’s Motion to Preclude State from Presenting Evidence Related to the Theft of a Gun that Occurred in Yreka on May 28, 2008 is discussed

Here's something completely new, regarding one of the murder weapons.. Jodi admitted to owning a 9mm, but Travis was shot by a .25. I always wondered where and how that gun came into play.. and I suppose, here is that answer: (latest court minutes posted)

Defendant’s Motion to Preclude State from Presenting Evidence Related to the Theft of a Gun that Occurred in Yreka on May 28, 2008 is discussed

Hi, SheStartedIt. Thank you! A great find.

I wish I could go, but I don't live in AZ. Is it going to be online or on Insession? I kind of would rather watch it online since Insession tends to show all of the trials kind of weird. Opening statements begin January 2. I've been following the facebook group, which has a plethora of information. It's pretty awesome. I don't know if I can link it on here, but it's pretty cool. I'm really interested in the dynamics of what will happen, especially since the pics of Jodi looking like a school marm with new librarian glasses and shoulder length hair have come out. She looks way different than both the smiley mug shot and the blonde bombshell that Travis was with. I'm intrigued to see what the defense pulls out of their hats, especially since it now supposedly wasn't Jodi's gun and she now looks like a Mouseburger. I hope that Travis having a gun and having sex with a girl does not equal the defense getting the jurors to believe that he asked to be killed like an animal. But they are already setting up an awesome defense, it's just if they have an awesome orator and if Jodi can be a good enough actress. I'm fully expecting her to clutch her pearls on the stand, dab her eyes, and claim that Travis brutalized her like someone in her past did. Will Travis Alexander ever get justice? Hopefully.

I've been following this case for a long time. I'm primarily a trial watcher and I would say that it will probably be live-streamed since InSession will be the feed.

Unfortunately, Trials in the western time zones are difficult for them to do live due to time factors.

Earlier this year, I watched the Tammy Smith and Elizabeth Johnson trials, which were streamed from AZ. The problem was that InSession broadcasts from 9AM-3PM eastern time. Back during daylight savings, there was a four hour time difference since AZ doesn't do daylight savings. The trials would start (if we were lucky) by 1 PM EDT and end at 9PM EDT. Because of this, InSession taped them and will cover them some time next year.

For this trial, there will be a 3-hour differential, with the trial beginning around noon and ending about 8 PM, EST.

IF InSession does live coverage, they would have to use the pre-noon hours to summarize the 3PM-8PM in the morning hours and then go live. They've done it before.

Last year, they tried doing this with the Sweat Lodge trial and they ended up dropping coverage due to this problem. They later televised it from the beginning.

Personally, I prefer to watch on the live-stream. The trial will literally be my life from January 2 until the end.

I hoped this confusing babble helps!

The facebook page I've been following confirmed that Insession will be airing it live despite the time difference so yay! I love watching trials as well. This one will be interesting as hell. I actually wonder if NG is going to make up a weird nickname for Jodi Arias a'la Tot Mom. I really hope that Arias's lawyers will be decent. The school marm Mouseburger makeover and the tactics so far have made me believe that they aren't totally incompetent so this could be an awesome trial. Justice for Travis! The better the lawyers that she has, the worse chance she has for appeal.

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis- there's the link the fb link

I am not certain that this trial will even approach the drama or hoopla of the Casey Anthony trial. For one thing, the forensics seem to be very strong. Not only was the body found at the crime scene; the bloody hand print of the defendant was too; not to mention at least one death scene photograph. For another, the twisted family dynamics of the former trial don't seem apparent. And unlike Casey Anthony, Jodi seems to have very, very few defenders.

With this trial, the main game will be the death penalty phase.

IT IS ORDERED denying the Defendant’s Motion to Preclude State from Admitting or
Publishing Ms. Arias’ Prior Interviews filed December 9, 2012.

On May 28, 2008, the defendant’s grandparents reported the theft of a .25 caliber
automatic pistol to the Yreka, California police department. The police report for that incident states that the defendant was present and spoke with an officer about her presence at her grandparents home earlier that day. On July 15, 2008, the defendant was interviewed by Detective Flores. During that interview, Detective Flores asked the defendant about reporting a .25 automatic gun stolen. The detective noted that a .25 caliber gun was the same caliber of weapon used to kill Travis Alexander. Eventually, the defendant told Detective Flores she did not know there was a gun at her grandparent’s home until her grandparents reported it stolen the day the burglary was reported to police. She also told Detective Flores that she did not know what a .25 caliber gun looked like. She said her grandfather said the stolen gun looked like a toy gun.

IT IS ORDERED denying the Defendant’s Motion to Preclude State from Presenting Evidence Related to the Theft of a Gun that Occurred in Yreka on May 28, 2008 filed on December 5, 2012.

LET THE RECORD REFLECT Exhibit # 1 (The stolen gun) is not entered in evidence however, the Court will retain the exhibit which will be filed in the Exhibit department.

Wow.. She was PRESENT during the police report for the stolen gun.. She was involved with LE, BEFORE (May 28, 2008) Travis was killed (June 4, 2008).. Cannot wait to see what other bombs are gonna come out soon.

Wow.. She was PRESENT during the police report for the stolen gun.. She was involved with LE, BEFORE (May 28, 2008) Travis was killed (June 4, 2008).. Cannot wait to see what other bombs are gonna come out soon.

Geez I am with you!! I've been waiting to see this since I first saw 48 hours about the case. It's insane how some of them stick with you....
This girl looks to be in trouble!

Geez I am with you!! I've been waiting to see this since I first saw 48 hours about the case. It's insane how some of them stick with you....
This girl looks to be in trouble!

I've been following this case since I found out she was arrested in July 08.. seems like an eternity! I wonder what other crazy evidence their gonna be pulling out during the trial! I had always wondered where the gun came from and now we know..

New stuff I found out just now from watching JVM ondemand:
- there is possibly a photo of the actual murder taking place. This is according to the court documents. They were going on about this and freaking out about it. If this happens, I have no idea how they can side step this. But I'll have fun watching them try.

-The jury has been picked and is mostly male. I thought this might be mostly good for Arias, but maybe not. Apparently, the defense were angry about it. It's mostly white men twenties to retirement age with one hispanic male. There are female alternates and female jurors, but its mostly male. Now that I think about it, it could make it go either way because with the age and race- the males could almost see through her if they go with the self-defense thing, combined with the gruesome autopsy report, and the forensics, and the freaking photos- especially if there is an actual photo of the murder that exists.

- There was debate on whether or not Arias would "pay for Casey Anthony being found not guilty". It's controversial, but interesting. I can see this happening because every case with a young, attractive female defendant will have an extra harsh DA and jury after that unfortunate case.

I also did find out that In Session will be covering the case, but they're taking a break till the 7th, so till then I'm going to keep up with it on the fb page or through hln. It starts on the 2nd. I hope that Travis Alexander gets justice. Happy Holidays, fellow justice seekers!

I am not certain that this trial will even approach the drama or hoopla of the Casey Anthony trial. For one thing, the forensics seem to be very strong. Not only was the body found at the crime scene; the bloody hand print of the defendant was too; not to mention at least one death scene photograph. For another, the twisted family dynamics of the former trial don't seem apparent. And unlike Casey Anthony, Jodi seems to have very, very few defenders.

With this trial, the main game will be the death penalty phase.

I'm thinking you're right about that.I'm going to follow it as best I can though,it'll still be an interesting trial,I think.Hoping for live-streaming,as we no longer get In Session in Canada.HLN should have some coverage , we do get that.Pretty obvious she's guilty,but then again I said that about Casey too.My blood pressure still rises when I think about that verdict!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice