Travis Barker Critically Injured in Deadly Plane Crash - 4 Dead, 2 Injured

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is so terrible! And burn injuries are horrible! God bless these 2 men.
I am so sorry for the ones that lost their lives.
My prayers that God brings strength and healing to Travis and Adam.
And prayers for their families and friends and my sympathy and prayer to the families of those that were killed.:blowkiss:

How awful, I loved Travis and Shanna's show, Meet the Barkers. Hope thay all recover soon.

This is so devastating. I'm not too familiar with Travis Barker, but I love DJ AM. Prayers to both, those who lost their lives, and their loved one's.

One article I read said they wanted to get back to CA quickly because Baker's (Barker's asistant) wife had gone into labor and he wanted to be present for the birth. So his second child was born on the day the father died. Heartbreaking.

My prayers for everyone touched by this terrible accident.

Prayers for them both. What a miracle that they are alive.

One witness said he was driving when a fireball streaked across the highway about 600 feet ahead of him. William Owns said he approached to see the two survivors frantically trying to remove their burning clothes.

"I noticed two guys who were on fire and it looked like a dance: They didn't know what to do," said Owens, a 60-year-old delivery van driver.

Goldstein had stripped off his own shirt and was helping Barker strip naked, said Owens, who was able to identify the men Saturday night because of news reports that showed Barker's extensive tattoos.

Owens said Goldstein told him four other people were on board the jet, but the flames were too intense to get close.

"'Oh my God' was all they were saying," Owens said of Barker and Goldstein. "They stood there and it's like - didn't know what to do. None of us did."

More at link: http://www.insightbb.com/story.aspx?doc=ONLINE/D93AQHBG0.xml&top=NEWS

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of all involved.

Terrible.
Prayers for these two and the familes of all effected by this tragedy.
On a somewhat Ironic note today is the 35th anniversary of Jim Croce's plane crash in 1973 in which he and five others died after a performance in Louisianna
at a college .
The plane took off at night after the concert and crashed near the end of the runway.

Every time I woke up last night I was thinking about this. I keep hoping for an update saying that they both are improving.

If prayers work than these guys will be okay.

:(

Terrible.
Prayers for these two and the familes of all effected by this tragedy.
On a somewhat Ironic note today is the 35th anniversary of Jim Croce's plane crash in 1973 in which he and five others died after a performance in Louisianna
at a college .
The plane took off at night after the concert and crashed near the end of the runway.

That is so close to this story.

Yes, we have lost many wonderful entertainers to air crashes.

Nicole Richie dated DJ AM for awhile. I think they were even engaged at one time.

The coroner has just released the cause of death for the four victims of Friday night's plane crash in Columbia, SC, and it's horrifying.

The Lexington County Coroner says Chris Baker, Travis Barker's assistant, died of blunt force trauma to the head and neck, and Charles Still, Barker's bodyguard, died of an acute subdural hematoma caused by blunt force trauma to the head.

The two other victims, the pilot and co-pilot, died of smoke and fume inhalation and thermal injuries.

http://www.tmz.com/

How awful, I loved Travis and Shanna's show, Meet the Barkers. Hope thay all recover soon.
I loved this show as well. I was sad to hear they had broken up after the show, and the crap that was going on with Paris and Travis.

I think Shanna Moakler and Travis Barker are a great match!

What a sweetheart (Mandy Moore).

I always felt bad for Travis B. when I watched the show. Shanna stayed in bed a lot and seemed a little lazy. I don't know if that was maybe just for the show or what. Once I watched the show I fell in love with him though. What a great husband and dad; not to mention a talented drummer. And yeah, Travis is too good for Paris. I think he just had a lapse in judgment there.

DJ AM was released from the hospital.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20229191,00.html

"While he is deeply saddened by the events, he is thankful for all of the love and support he has been receiving from fans and friends worldwide," his rep, Jenni Weinman, says in a statement. "We ask that you continue to respect his privacy as he rests and heals and mourns the loss of his friends."

DJ AM, 35, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, suffered serious burns in the crash shortly after midnight Sept. 19 that also injured Travis Barker, 32, and killed four others.

Barker is expected to leave the hospital in about two weeks, says his friend Jermaine Dupri, who visited the former Blink 182 drummer in the hospital last Sunday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop
Back