Trial Analysis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I actually think what the State is doing is brilliant.

The State no longer has to prove that Caylee died on June 16th, 2008. According to the defense, it is an undisputed fact that Caylee died on June 16th, 2008. The State no longer has to prove that Casey was present at the scene of death. The defense has conceeded that Casey was present at the time of Caylee's death.

That was huge for the State's case and it cut a lot out of what they would have to prove. If you rewatch Jose's opening statement, you can see the smile on Jeff Ashton's face as Jose placed Casey at the scene when Caylee died. That Casey was no longer disputing the fact that she was there at the time of death.

The State has, imo, proven that Caylee was decomposing in the trunk of Casey's car. The defense has been trying desperately to dispute this... which means that Casey is not admitting that Caylee was in the trunk of her car. It is now up to the defense to prove to the jury that Casey was not the person who placed Caylee in the trunk of that car... which would have had to have been very shortly after death as Caylee was in the trunk during the early stages of decomposition. Someone had to have had taken Caylee and placed her in the trunk of that car without Casey knowing about it... and then removed her without Casey knowing about it.

I know people are going to say... wait... the defense doesn't have to prove anything... well, yes they do. Now that they have claimed that Casey knew about Caylee's death and claim that George is the one who covered it up... they have placed themselves in the position to prove that this is what happened. The jury is just not going to take their word for it.

I could go on and on. The fact remains, it is now up to the defense to disprove all the evidence against Casey and make it fit in with their own theory of what happened.

I must say that I am very excited to see where the defense is going with all of this and if they are as <unusual> as I really believe they are?? I am equally excited in seeing what the State does to completely destroy anything the defense presents once they can call rebuttal witnesses. The defense has backed themselves into a very tight corner with very little wiggle room. The opening statement made Casey out to be an even bigger monster than I gave her credit for... let's see if the defense can bring that back into the forefront.

I loved your entire post...every word of it...but the paragraph I bolded is spot on!

I guess JB's tactics could have worked on some of the jury, they worked on me as I am very confused about this.

I believe Bradley also said there's no way of knowing how long she looked at (stayed on) the page.

Once opened (after the search) it could have stayed in front of her for hours (or only minutes).

84 hits to the page "How to make chloroform" when your baby's remains were left in a chloroform saturated car is damning.

But here is what I think you are missing.....SA isn't finished with testimony once they rest their case tomorrow (or Wed)....

If you recall, a lot of the witnesses on Pros List were duplicated by Defense on their list....for example, I fully expect Baez to call Roy Kronk to the stand, and IF TES comes into play, the defense will be opening that door....SA will then have the opportunity to draw out their pro prosecution testimony during cross examination...

And then of course, SA has the opportunity to present REBUTTAL witnesses...

It is appearing to me that SA is playing akin to a very good poker game...

My thoughts exactly, KjbK.

We did not hear from Jesse Grund, about the cell pings, from the good folks at Shurtape, etc., because they either 1) did not significantly bolster the state's case, 2) would have added unnecessary complexity, or 3) the facts were not disputed by the defense.

Having Jesse Grund testify for the state would not have added anything. Yes, he was in some level of contact with KC during the period of tie Caylee was missing, but how would his testimony of her coming over to take a shower on July 1 do anything to truly move the state's case to the next level? Instead, leave it for cross-examination, because we KNOW the defense is going to call Jesse to the stand and ask about that ONE TIME Casey mentioned - in the fall of 2005 - that Lee in the recent past tried to have sex with her.

Cell phone pings never need to come into evidence unless 1) the defense disputes Casey went to the Anthony home on June 17, 18, and 20...or 2) the defense claims the "flurry of phone calls" on the afternoon of June 16 were unusual. We at Websleuths discovered long ago that that pattern happened frequently prior to June 16, and that came from the pings.

The defense has not disputed that the tape found on Caylee was also found on the gas cans. If they try, we will hear from an engineer at Shurtape who examined the evidence and will say it is their tape, they made it in very limited quantities, and they only used one manufacturing process.

Does the defense want to insinuate the trunk carpet was manufactured using chloroform in the process? The state can rebut using a witness from the company that made the carpet.

The list goes on and on, and in each case the State lies in wait. The defense backed itself into a corner with its opening arguments, and now is in the position of having nothing to present that the state cannot rip to shreds within seconds of beginning cross examination.

Dr Drew is on, he asked Stacy Horowitz and Judge Alec what part did the duct tape play in her demise. Both said they had no doubt it was the instrument of death.

So if I was a juror and was new to this case (and didn't have the aid of fellow wsers) this would seem like a ton of information in a very short amount of time. I think for me the only way to tackle deliberating would be to evaluate the testimony and evidence and see where that points. I know the DT hasn't presented yet but here's what I'm thinking so far:

There was lots of chloroform in that trunk but I'm not sure why

ICA was present when Caylee died.

ICA is very dishonest and does not respect the rights and feelings of others.

Caylee's body was in the trunk at some point.

Casey asked for a shovel - not George.

There would be no need to duct tape a drowning victim. If you were trying to stage a kidnapping then I also think you would report a kidnapping.

She was telling JG, AH, TL and others that she was moving or that CA was...but she was definitely telegraphing that she had some major life changes planned

I heard no grief and no remorse in the jailhouse tapes.

I think for me this child was murdered beyond a reasonable doubt even if I don't for sure know how. For me everything after that is moot.

he has to submit it to JAC then they make payment...

Okay, but the important part is this: Does JAC mail the checks to the attorney, and then the attorney pays off the individuals for their work? Or does JAC mail the checks directly to the individuals?

Okay, but the important part is this: Does JAC mail the checks to the attorney, and then the attorney pays off the individuals for their work? Or does JAC mail the checks directly to the individuals?

Im pretty sure the money goes to Mr. Baez to pay the people he has hired.Would he really have it any other way? He is the one who requested the money. All he has to do is show how he uses it..

Knowing ICA has never had an original thought, my guess is that she started researching chloroform when it appeared on Ricardo's website. I still can't imagine her making it but it appears she had some form of it in her possession. A batch would be a problem since it needs ice, refrigeration and dark bottles. Did Ricardo have any at his house?

Maybe she made small doses and disposed of the rest. I suspect she may have poured clororfrom on the trunk liner to get rid of the smell. I think she may also have poured gasoline on the liner too.

She is a spur of the moment type of gal..

I wonder why George wasn't questioned about the duct tape and whether he recalled purchasing it and having it in the garage?

BBM: :rocker: I agree with your post ... excellent points !

I was just taken by "SURPRISE SURPRISE" this morning when it was announced that the SA would be wrapping up on Tuesday or Wednesday ... I thought there was a lot more EVIDENCE to come in.

:waitasec::waitasec: Maybe it is because of the great work and info here at WS ... we KNOW MUCH MORE than the JURY will EVER KNOW -- BEFORE they render their VERDICT !!

Oh, I think the State has a lot more they could put forward but are waiting for the defense to present their case and will go for the kill during rebuttal. I think it is a smart move to see just what the defense is going to put out there (we all know they are going to try and be sneaky) and the State can then counter that.

I'm just going to be patient because I think Casey's defense is her own worst enemy and it will get her convicted of this crime. Blaming innocent people for such vile acts (molestation, framing Casey for murder, and hiding a body) is going to make the jury hate her even more... especially when the State comes right back at them.

Hard for the state to put on Jesse G. IMHO because of his original statement of hearing Caylee on 6/24....I doubt the defense calls him because his revised time of 6/16 after 2:30 means Caylee is still alive when George leaves for work :S

As for the tatoo, I'll be suprised/disappointed if that is the state's last witness, or if they bring it up at all actually. I think it will be a huge mistake if they do. I know LDB said it in her opening, and all, but it just worries me. The tatoo isn't "The Good Life" (which would be La Vita Buono, or something), but "Beautiful Life". They can argue their interpretation of it, but the defense can argue just as vocally that "Beautiful Life" was actually a loving tribute to her daughter's memory. I know quite a few people my age or even ICA's age who have gotten tatoos in memory of a departed loved one. I bet some of the jurors do too. Whereas the hot body contest is quite obviously not the typical way someone mourns/grieves, I think this might be something that the jury could look at as a more typical example of mourning. JMHO.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2011/0311/27161404.pdf

This is a link to the report made by NCIS for Hawkins testimony when FBI contacted him about Caylee missing. If you keep going down (even though it looks monotonous) towards the end, Hawkins talks about when he called the Anthony's home & George told him Casey had been arrested.

He says he then called to inform his mom & she told him she had seen ICA the week before at Target, no Caylee (the mother wanted to ask where she was but didn't) and ICA was buying a case of beer telling her that her boyfriend was coming home.

Knowing ICA has never had an original thought, my guess is that she started researching chloroform when it appeared on Ricardo's website. I still can't imagine her making it but it appears she had some form of it in her possession. A batch would be a problem since it needs ice, refrigeration and dark bottles. Did Ricardo have any at his house?

Maybe she made small doses and disposed of the rest. I suspect she may have poured clororfrom on the trunk liner to get rid of the smell. I think she may also have poured gasoline on the liner too.

She is a spur of the moment type of gal..

LOL! That's the problem, she didn't pour gasoline in the car. That would have been so clever because she could have then said it spilled, she ran out of gas, had a witness (TL), etc. Dr. Vass explained there was ethanol detected but not high amounts. I learned in the SP case that gasoline will destroy decomposition and dna.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back