Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine that SM will fall on his sword for TM. There's no incentive to do so. If anything, with a separate defense and trial, he has an incentive to save himself, not her. Unless he's in so deep that there's no salvation, which is, of course, the case. They were united in this crime. So, the lawyers for these two are proceeding along with the goal of making the additional charges go away. To make a deal on kidnapping would leave their clients wide open on future murder charges.

Deals are made when evidence is compelling and likely to convict your client, not when an NP has happened on the most severe charge and with other charges, and you whittling away at what's left. JMO

I didn't say anything about a deal. I don't think Sidney will testify at all at his trial. Was thinking ahead to if Tammy goes to trial after Sidney; he could testify as a witness at Tammy's trial. He met Heather alone - he will always insist that when he left, she was fine and there was no kidnapping. He would insist that Tammy was not involved in any way. Tammy made threats but I don't know if there is any evidence that she acted on them. Whether or not he is convicted, he won't take Tammy down. If he was going to sing, he has had plenty of opportunity.

It's clear they're expecting to have all the serious charges dismissed, and that might just happen if the state can't get their shh!tt together.

TM's FB profile pic is one of her sitting at a car wash (or something) with her wrinkled cleavage shoved up to her throat. Really? Snapping and posting these selfies is what you think you should be doing right now? The ego is out of this world.

She's just gross even with photoshop. She seriously makes me ill when I look at her because I know how dark her heart is. There's a really special place for people like her.

I didn't say anything about a deal. I don't think Sidney will testify at all at his trial. Was thinking ahead to if Tammy goes to trial after Sidney; he could testify as a witness at Tammy's trial. He met Heather alone - he will always insist that when he left, she was fine and there was no kidnapping. He would insist that Tammy was not involved in any way. Tammy made threats but I don't know if there is any evidence that she acted on them. Whether or not he is convicted, he won't take Tammy down. If he was going to sing, he has had plenty of opportunity.

I thought you said previously "if he talks"...

Why would he say anything at all, least of all in TM's favor, while he risks conviction?

As I said, they're in it together and I don't believe either will talk. With the murder charges NP'd, they'd be crazy to open their mouths now.

Been away from a awhile, and decided to see where the case stands. Nobody wants an innocent person in prison. So hopefully the state is just bidding their time waiting on someone to find Heather's remains to charge for murder, and continue to investigate, and build a strong case for a jury. We sure don't want murderers walking free either!!!
Gosh how trying this must be on Heather's family.

Social media....looked at that last night. Give a person enough rope, and they'll hang themself comes to mind. SMH!

I don't think this article about S has been posted?

“They’ve said all along that they didn’t have a case. I don’t understand why the other charges are still pending. But we’re hoping they’ll go away in June.”

His biggest question is if the state knew it had no evidence for the murder charge, and also questions why police haven’t still been looking for Elvis.

“It seems she’s been forgotten by them all this time,” he said.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_66a45e08-ec4c-11e5-ba27-4b52f536baa9.html

Pre-trial hearing for motions is slated for June 13 with a tentative trial date a week later.

I keep wondering what does someone have to do/say to violate the gag order?

She's just gross even with photoshop. She seriously makes me ill when I look at her because I know how dark her heart is. There's a really special place for people like her.

Bestill, that's not a heat, it's a deeeep darrrrk hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this article about S has been posted?

“They’ve said all along that they didn’t have a case. I don’t understand why the other charges are still pending. But we’re hoping they’ll go away in June.”

His biggest question is if the state knew it had no evidence for the murder charge, and also questions why police haven’t still been looking for Elvis.

“It seems she’s been forgotten by them all this time,” he said.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_66a45e08-ec4c-11e5-ba27-4b52f536baa9.html

Pre-trial hearing for motions is slated for June 13 with a tentative trial date a week later.

There`s the word tentative: ten·ta·tive
(tĕn′tə-tĭv)
adj.
1. Not fully worked out, concluded, or agreed on; provisional: tentative plans.

2. Indicating a lack of confidence or certainty; hesitant: tentative steps toward the podium.

I think we all all praying that these kidnapping charges won`t get dropped and a trial will soon follow. I would like these 2 to have something to worry about instead of be so assured that these charges will be dropped also. How is it that Judge Denis is still allowed to be on this case if it was proven that he is friends with the family.
Did anyone ever present this case to the governor of your state?

Wouldn't it be the state's job to challenge any conflicts of interest in favor of the accused?

This is a case of a rushed investigation and charges that wouldn't withstand a trial. Maybe they can do better with a kidnapping charge, but as it stands right now, I don't know they're going to pull off even that much when she's missing from the very place she was allegedly not allowed to leave.

The state's problem is they have a missing person for whom a murder charge can't hold up, the missing person drove willingly to that scene to see her former lover, and there was no sign of any crime at the alleged scene. This is the state's own story, and a judge can only work with the story he or she is given.

We have two accountable camps - the perpetrators of the crime, and the system that boasted too much confidence in a case it couldn't make against them. And Heather loses in both situations.

JMO

I'm not going to be hugely surprised if we find out that several of these missing women cases in the Grand Strand are due to someone connected to a local politician's extended family (nobody in particular, just that category of individual) or law enforcement perpetrator. Whether it's intentionally corrupting evidence, "losing" evidence, ignoring or not pursuing obvious leads, purposely looking in the wrong direction, etc. When "bad cops" move on to other jobs here, they go to LE parallel positions, like DNR (Dept of Natural Resources, AKA fish & wildlife). I hate to even say that b/c I have several cousins who work for DNR & are fabulous people, but it's also unfortunately true.

(I used to live there. I have no direct knowledge of this. I just would not be surprised one bit, given the corruption I've observed over the decades. Opinion only.)

I'm not going to be hugely surprised if we find out that several of these missing women cases in the Grand Strand are due to someone connected to a local politician's extended family (nobody in particular, just that category of individual) or law enforcement perpetrator. Whether it's intentionally corrupting evidence, "losing" evidence, ignoring or not pursuing obvious leads, purposely looking in the wrong direction, etc. When "bad cops" move on to other jobs here, they go to LE parallel positions, like DNR (Dept of Natural Resources, AKA fish & wildlife). I hate to even say that b/c I have several cousins who work for DNR & are fabulous people, but it's also unfortunately true.

(I used to live there. I have no direct knowledge of this. I just would not be surprised one bit, given the corruption I've observed over the decades. Opinion only.)

I agree with you about the parallel positions thing... some even go work in a neighboring county!

But then I was gonna say... "Hey, don't knock DNR! My best friend's husband works for DNR" (or he did--now he works security detail for the governor) but then I read that you have cousins who work for DNR also:)

Wouldn't it be the state's job to challenge any conflicts of interest in favor of the accused?

This is a case of a rushed investigation and charges that wouldn't withstand a trial. Maybe they can do better with a kidnapping charge, but as it stands right now, I don't know they're going to pull off even that much when she's missing from the very place she was allegedly not allowed to leave.

The state's problem is they have a missing person for whom a murder charge can't hold up, the missing person drove willingly to that scene to see her former lover, and there was no sign of any crime at the alleged scene. This is the state's own story, and a judge can only work with the story he or she is given.

We have two accountable camps - the perpetrators of the crime, and the system that boasted too much confidence in a case it couldn't make against them. And Heather loses in both situations.

JMO

BBM - I do not agree that this is a case of a rushed investigation. The arrest was not that immediate. There was quite a bit of evidence that was shown in the 1st bond hearing. Yes it was circumstantial, but it was imo a narrative that does fit, pointing to the accused. A rushed investigation sounds like lawyer speak "a rush to judgement". As I recall there were many local, state and federal people working on the case. Given that they were arrested 2 months after the disappearance and the number of people on the case I don't see it as a rushed investigation. Also, the investigation was ongoing after the arrest, which whether people believe rightly or wrongly was probably one of the reasons for the gag order.

BBM - I do not agree that this is a case of a rushed investigation. The arrest was not that immediate. There was quite a bit of evidence that was shown in the 1st bond hearing. Yes it was circumstantial, but it was imo a narrative that does fit, pointing to the accused. A rushed investigation sounds like lawyer speak "a rush to judgement". As I recall there were many local, state and federal people working on the case. Given that they were arrested 2 months after the disappearance and the number of people on the case I don't see it as a rushed investigation. Also, the investigation was ongoing after the arrest, which whether people believe rightly or wrongly was probably one of the reasons for the gag order.

When I say a "rushed investigation", I mean they rushed to put together a circumstantial case that got them their warrants but couldn't withstand a trial. It seems to me that the NP outcome is a reflection of that.

Now we have a dismissal of the most important charge and I see people saying and hoping that there's a strategy here to bait the M's, or drag the proceedings out until they find her or have other evidence. I fail to see how getting them on circumstances that fit a narrative that pointed to them, then worrying about what it would take to actually convict them later has made any sense at all.

BBM- I know they used "ongoing investigation" as their reason for putting the gag order in place. I don't buy that explanation. The murder charges have been dropped. Why haven't they lifted the gag order.

The GO was put in place to prevent the defense attorneys from telling the M's side of the story regarding Heather. IMO

I really believe that the state thought that one of the M's would turn on the other and/or someone in the community would come forward with information. Won't ever be convinced that there aren't others that participated with at least the cover up, most likely AC & BC. I think PC is just gullible and in denial about what really happened.

BBM- I know they used "ongoing investigation" as their reason for putting the gag order in place. I don't buy that explanation. The murder charges have been dropped. Why haven't they lifted the gag order.

The GO was put in place to prevent the defense attorneys from telling the M's side of the story regarding Heather. IMO

BBM The gag order has not been lifted, but you would never know it from the rantings of the accused. To me the more pertinent question would be why have they been able to circumvent the gag since it has not been lifted?

They're getting away with it because no one will hold them accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState