Trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge said, "That ship has sailed." Who was that dig aimed at?

It was Juan's Motion in Limine...so him. But he couldn't have raised it if the information was just added. I think the Judge is reading/hearing some of the heat that she is getting for letting them handle motions "on the jury's time."

I am wondering of the DV person has a power point up her sleeve also. I think Juan should look into her.

I don't think the judge is gonna like these new surprise theories/presentations.
Please.

She might seem like she doesn't like it, but if she doesn't like it, she should do something about it. This is just the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen! EVER!!!!:banghead:

Judge said, "That ship has sailed." Who was that dig aimed at? It seemed like it was towards the prosecution, but I don't see how that is fair when they just saw this for the first time today.

It's the defence's fault. And yet the judge sounded like it was JM's for not bringing it up in a motion in limine before today. YET, JM told her that he only learned of these things this morning!

OK...wait.

It sounded to me like she was sort of reprimanding JM due to the fact it should have been brought up in motion at previous time.

I mean, how could he when he just got the powerpoint and what the guy was gonna say?

I hope someone can explain that because to me it sounded like she wasnt happy with JM either but not sure why.

You are correct, she was, but he couldn't have known if they added the information based on her testimony within the last few days.

Well the judge failed that test. Time magazine articles? Sneaking in premeditation? Last minute surprises and the prosecution is the one that gets penalized by having to read, listen and figure out how to cross this guy in what..two hours?

Another freakin' recess all due to the defense team's slimy tactics w/ their hired "expert". This poor jury!! :banghead:

All moo.

I'm just imagining what my professors would have done if I started citing Time magazine in my thesis written in APA.
Since when does anyone other than an MD read brain scans???

and again ~ is there NO ONE within the Mesa legal community that can light a fire under this judge to get control of this defense team? OMG, the money they're wasting! Not to mention the TIME, SACRIFICE AND INCOME of this jury!!!!! Seriously??

J Wilmot actually has some fire. I'd watch more trials with her. Why has Nurmi been doing all the questioning? I like when Wilmot has a mad.

It's hard for me to listen to her. She frequently fumbles over her words as though she's memorized a script. :twocents:

Hi Everyone :seeya:

Bit late today - sat down headphones in and guess what.... break for lunch lol. Typical. Bit of time to catch up I guess. Anything interesting happened? x

Sounded like it was directed at Juan

I edited my post to add that is what I thought, too. That doesn't seem right to me. How do you feeeeeel about it? (sorry couldn't resist:blushing:)

OH FGS!

Duh you bet your bippy this should have been raised in the Motion in Limine during pretrial.

Judge: That ship has sailed.

Uh yes ma'am it has. Let's hope she keeps that in mind when she is ruling on this BS when lunch break is done

Who should have raised this issue? The prosecution or the defense? I am confused. :please:

I KNEW she reminded me of someone I had tried to forget-"you betcha".

At least she talks faster than Nurmi but sophomore move trying to get this new testimony in past Juan. I'm sure Juan has seen this move a million times. Your expert can't make a new power point addressing all the problems your case has which have been exposed by the prosecutor. His expert testimony was supposed to be that she had PTSD when she committed the crime. What she was talking about went way beyond that.

when i look at Wilmont all I hear is "I can see Russia from my house" lol sorry

anyways.. i think if Wilmont was doing Nurmi's job before we'd be close to finishing this trial

It's the defence's fault. And yet the judge sounded like it was JM's for not bringing it up in a motion in limine before today. YET, JM told her that he only learned of these things this morning!

I took it like she's not happy with the defense, she was shaking her head at Wilmott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV