trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #87

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On February 7, 2002, I got home from work to find my 27 year old daughter had died. She had BPD and had been hospitalized 5 times in the last 15 months for overdoses of prescribed medication. The mental health counselors thought it was just fine to give her 3 month supplies of heavy duty meds. I had spent the last 12 years trying to keep her alive long enough for her to realize that her life had not passed her by and that she could still go back and finish college.

Anyhow, for the next year, year and a half, I would relive finding her, rolling her over, feeling how cold she was, her precious kitty was just going crazy. When police and ambulance arrived, I was asked a lot of questions....I know they had to. I worked about 25 minutes away and I would just blank out driving to or from work. When I relived it, I went through all the physical reactions too. Heart pounding, hyperventilating, etc. After two years I finally threw in the towel and got help from a therapist. MY PTSD made me relive the nightmare, not forget it!
Bless your heart for trying your best, and my sincere sympathies on your loss. I can't imagine how hard it must be. Hoping for the best for you.

I understand now why Arias' testimony was so weird. "I think I did some thing to provoke Travis" is going to turn into, I'm just SO guilt ridden because I was a battered woman.
All of her words and actions on the stand now make sense to me - she was just trying to reinforce the testimony she knew was coming. How cunning and evil.

I'm pretty sure she learned about the "fog" from Mr. Samuels...she is a parrot and Mr. Samuels apparently is in his own fog when it comes to Ms. Arias.

I want to know why JA was never put on Suicidal Watch? I clearly heard this witness state she told him she was suicidal for awhile. He MUST report that to the Staff.

Our Katie is on Dr Drew. Says this man said this trial will be good for his book. He has an agenda. Ah Ha

She's not katiecoolady, however, that is great information she provided. Not surprised at all though.

:doh:

In between selling his soul for dental work, he's been sniffing spray starch. Looks about 180 degrees the opposite of "flat affect" in this interview. Guess it comes and goes...:rolleyes:

excellent point and i hope Juan uses it.

On February 7, 2002, I got home from work to find my 27 year old daughter had died. She had BPD and had been hospitalized 5 times in the last 15 months for overdoses of prescribed medication. The mental health counselors thought it was just fine to give her 3 month supplies of heavy duty meds. I had spent the last 12 years trying to keep her alive long enough for her to realize that her life had not passed her by and that she could still go back and finish college.

Anyhow, for the next year, year and a half, I would relive finding her, rolling her over, feeling how cold she was, her precious kitty was just going crazy. When police and ambulance arrived, I was asked a lot of questions....I know they had to. I worked about 25 minutes away and I would just blank out driving to or from work. When I relived it, I went through all the physical reactions too. Heart pounding, hyperventilating, etc. After two years I finally threw in the towel and got help from a therapist. MY PTSD made me relive the nightmare, not forget it!

Wing560, I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter (((hugs))). And yes, it's true about PTSD and reliving (and reliving...) it - if only we could be so lucky to simply forget...

I am SO sorry for you loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wasn't feeling well, so I missed today's testimony -- looks like a picked a really good day to miss, too.

As I slowly catch up, my thanks to each and every one of you for watching, so I didn't have to, and a special thanks to Wenwe4 who actually had to pay attention sufficiently to be able to transcribe. You deserve a medal!

Jean C. just did a wonderful job talking about how amazing Juan was in another DP case where he put a woman on death row. 4 months of the trial and at the very end he pulled out the smoking gun and got the conviction.

The man has patience beyond compare. He is truly brilliant and I get butterflies when I think about what he could have up his sleeve. Some gigantic bit of truth that will drive it all home and end this thing with Justice for Travis and his poor family. I want those people to walk away and attempt to begin the grieving process. It's not going to bring Travis back but it's the most that can be done for them and they have the best person ever to get it for them.

I don't think it was a pencile and the whole thing was creepy. She never LOOKED for whatever it was, she kept looking up toward the witness, like no one was supposed to see what she was doing. That was bizarre.
Exactly my impression. She was looking up the whole time she was foraging in her orange file. That's why I perceived it as "sneaky"...

:hug: I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter and what you went through.
I agree PTSD is horrible because you just keep reliving the traumatic event and you wish you could forget it.

In my screenshots jodi is placing a small piece of paper into the orange folder. Jodi leaves court with that folder so to me it appears to have been just a note to herself jmooc

JA was so confident and full of herself todayl. First of all,has anyone ever heard that 'sexual intercourse can cause amnesia'? Is this why some women have no idea who the father of their child is:what: Also, as soon as I can find where today's proceedings are posted, I want to show all of you something. Approximately an hour before court adjourned today, Dr. Quack was reading something and the camera panned over to the defense table. Low and behond, Murmi picked up his water glass EXACTLY how JA has been drinking from hers. I've read others comment on the way she drinks from her glass. Is JA mimmicking him? Is this where she picked up the habit? As soon a I can find the video of today's proceedings, and find the shot, I'll post it.

Here is today's testimony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adTQKWFG-PI

Surprises me that Joey Jackson is saying on HLN that Juan Martinez is possibly too aggressive making jurors
sympathize with Jodi. :sheesh: Are you kidding, Joey? I want him to body slam her!

:nono: You're wrong, Joey Jackson.

For once, JeanC. is doing a great job giving Juan the credit he deserves. I just shudder to think what could
have stayed hidden from the jurors without Juan.

Juan ripped Jodi's mask off, IMO, and she is not human under it. :what:

There was an expert witness in the Brad Cooper case ..the evening he testified he came to WS's and touted his appearance. The prosecution team was alerted and if I remember correctly this was brought to the attention of the court and he was quickly dismissed. What a circus.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
My PTSD is from a very similar event...in Jan 2006 I stopped at my son's apartment and found he had died in his sleep. I've been in therapy for 7 years and still have flashbacks with the physical reactions. I wish I could stop reliving it, but I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89