trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning :seeya:

Did I see somewhere that court is in today and televised but no jury?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes. 9:30 a.m. Arizona time is what I heard.

I hope the Judge does not take the entire weekend to make a ruling! I hope she spent last night doing research and can make a ruling at some point after the hearing today.

Morning :seeya:

Did I see somewhere that court is in today and televised but no jury?

They are having a hearing on the admissibility of some of the Dr's proposed testimony, cameras will be on, not sure what time.

That is what I heard. 9:30 AZ time. I need to get some things done before 12.30 my time so I am able to watch.

I didn't know if I had dreamt it or it actually happened.

Think i need an intervention :eek:

Yes. 9:30 a.m. Arizona time is what I heard.

I hope the Judge does not take the entire weekend to make a ruling! I hope she spent last night doing research and can make a ruling at some point after the hearing today.

I'm certain she didn't and she won't.

He seems to be enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. I thought he was interesting at first...then with all the so called bragging < for the lack of a better word ~
He kind of reminded me of Gus Searcy. MOO

Hi Dmacky,

I also found him interesting when he first took the stand. He seemed very soothing---but after JA anyone would. The more I listened the more I began tuning out.

His testimony will be shredded on cross, too much read of his own. I mean he s statements, very little documentation. I mean he saw her the equivalent of, what, 4 times a year? You would need much more time than that to make a diagnosis. That is why he had to rely on books and articles. Hell anyone of us could read those same things and make an assumption.

I am amazed they allowed this.:banghead:

Juan has all weekend to get his questioning in line. I am glad Juan did not question Samuels yesterday. Is Samuels on the stand again on Monday? This man looks much like Gus and has a similar voice. I hope he doesn't spar with Juan with semantics. I am sure Juan will be fully prepared Monday to tear the mans testimony apart regarding JA and her fog and PTSD.
I thought that I had heard the hearing was TODAY...away from the jury....what is happening today, I know something is at 10

I don't know how to feel (sorry, that's how to feeeeeeelll) about this ethics complaint. On the one hand, this guy seems to have made a rather obvious and stupid mistake, which certainly says something about him. OTOH, if I was a juror would this really affect how I see his testimony? From what I understand from you guys watching it yesterday, it's already obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about. If I was JM I'm not sure I'd bother bringing up the ethics thing unless the jurors were inclinded to believe the guy.

i don't see why JM wouldn't use this. it's relevant to the guy's integrity. he helps this guy in a child custody case, never even examines the guy's wife---then apparently they develop enough of a relationship, he becomes the guy's therapist, and the guy becomes his dentist. yeah, i'd say that's relevant and if JM doesn't use it, i'll be shocked s***less.

This case is just going from bad to worse for the Jodester. I hear they allow death row inmates two appliances in their cell...Undoubtedly she'll pick a TV, what about her other choice? Maybe a dehumidifier?

On another note, here's the 'death chamber' in Arizona:

d7d6sv5

The taupe gives this chamber a nice, rustic feel.

And California's version:

b7bjy3j

Much more clinical and sterile looking. The added viewing panes are a nice touch.

Now, if she is sentenced to death, will the sentence be carried out in AZ for sure? Or could she appeal to be put down in CA?

This case is just going from bad to worse for the Jodester. I hear they allow death row inmates two appliances in their cell...Undoubtedly she'll pick a TV, what about her other choice? Maybe a dehumidifier?

On another note, here's the 'death chamber' in Arizona:

d7d6sv5

The taupe gives this chamber a nice, rustic feel.

And California's version:

b7bjy3j

Much more clinical and sterile looking. The added viewing panes are a nice touch.

Now, if she is sentenced to death, will the sentence be carried out in AZ for sure? Or could she appeal to be put down in CA?

It will be in AZ.

I am on the road right now. What time is court today? Eastern Time?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

there is no court on Fridays.

ETA: my bad - I see otherwise now, after I have posted.

Sorry.

YAY!! I get to watch from HOME today, as I am off at 11 CST. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :great:

Good morning all :seeya:

I will admit that I didnt listen to a lot of the "doctor" onthe stand yesterday, but that I did hear, was that SHE instigated the attack and shes DENYING the truth.

Thats all I got from the crap he was spewing.

And THAT, I agree with - anything else is BS.

JMO

He also came to a conclusion that she was passive by reading her journals going back to high school. However he failed to mention that she had pages torn out because Jodi claimed she felt what she wrote was too negative. So did he take that into consideration when he evaluated her. Not everyone is honest when they write in their journals. In particular when you let someone else read them as Jodi admits she let Travis read hers. If you plan for someone to read your journals at some point in your life what are the chances you are going to write, "Some days I feel like an axe murderer." How about slim to none?????? jmo

i don't see why JM wouldn't use this. it's relevant to the guy's integrity. he helps this guy in a child custody case, never even examines the guy's wife---then apparently they develop enough of a relationship, he becomes the guy's therapist, and the guy becomes his dentist. yeah, i'd say that's relevant and if JM doesn't use it, i'll be shocked s***less.

According to his CV he's a sex therapist. What does that tell us????

This morning my 5 year old was grilling me with all these questions (as you know kids do). Then she said "Remember when I used to poop in front of my tv?" I said yes, then she goes, "Mommy, how do you remember so much?" I was tempted to say because of my hippocampus. :great:
:floorlaugh:

After giving it some thought, I think JW anticipates that JM will bring up the ethics citation in NJ. She seemed to be preempting this in the beginning of his testimony by having him give a reason for moving his work to AZ. She also seems to be preempting the contradictory statements Jodi gave to him and then testified to something different. Juan, on a few occasions, asked her about things she told to Samuals and the DV expert that was different from her testimony. She denied ever telling them some things. So now Samuals says he didn't record anything (read he mis-wrote her statements or mis-remembered exactly what she said.)

I don't think the jury will buy it. It smells like so much BS.
ITA -It's astounding how low people can go!
:furious:

I didn't know if I had dreamt it or it actually happened.

Think i need an intervention :eek:

At some points during the trial a feel frazzled. I wonder if there is a formal diagnosis for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela