trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the evidentiary hearing today, shouldn't the judge give a ruling today for Juan's sake? I mean Samuels is going to be back on the stand Monday and JW will likely be finished at some point that day and he will need to his cross. If this is allowed in, I would think he will need to go about it in a different way than he originally planned. Seems it would be a bit unfair to give her decision on the day of. I suppose he could prepare over the weekend just in case, but he could also use that time for his rebuttal. Just a thought....

Beth Karas said she doesn't think it will be allowed in, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the judge rules in favor of the defense. I'm hoping she doesn't, but after that ridiculous edited phone sex tape came in, I put nothing past her.

Annoyed me so MUCH!

They are all manipulators. Of course Arias must have a laugh at Nurmi and JW's expense knowing what she really did. The defense knows there is no way in h.ll she can escape her pathetic fate but they treat her as one of them. They smile at her and chit-chat with her knowing full well how crazy she is.

Defense deserves JA and JA deserves the defense.

if that were the case, then a lot of defense attorneys would be out of work.

I don't think they can be prosecuted but they would be disbarred if evidence of that came to light.

This has probably been answered a few times already, so forgive me if that's the case...I have been wondering what became of Travis' dog Napoleon? I'm sure most of you know, fill me in please!

travis good friend deanna has the little guy.

he's alive and well. he was willed to Travis's friend. i forget her name...

The friend was Deanna. He left the dog to her in his will. Her last name is Reid or
Reed, I think.

What is the hearing about today? I saw that the Dr.s PPT was used yesterday, so the judge allowed it in. I didn't remember there being other evidence objected to?

TIA

Regarding the evidentiary hearing today, shouldn't the judge give a ruling today for Juan's sake? I mean Samuels is going to be back on the stand Monday and JW will likely be finished at some point that day and he will need to his cross. If this is allowed in, I would think he will need to go about it in a different way than he originally planned. Seems it would be a bit unfair to give her decision on the day of. I suppose he could prepare over the weekend just in case, but he could also use that time for his rebuttal. Just a thought....

Beth Karas said she doesn't think it will be allowed in, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the judge rules in favor of the defense. I'm hoping she doesn't, but after that ridiculous edited phone sex tape came in, I put nothing past her.

If this judge allows this in then I'm sorry but I will label her as being pro-defense. No way this should be allowed in. :furious:

What gets me is that therapists are so arrogant that they don't think their tests can be manupulatec

psychopaths are notorious for manipulating and fooling professionals from psychiatrists to psychologists.

This has probably been answered a few times already, so forgive me if that's the case...I have been wondering what became of Travis' dog Napoleon? I'm sure most of you know, fill me in please!

Ryan Smith tweeted last night that he is deaf and blind now.

What do you think she was conjuring and don't you think that this is clearly showing that JA was blackmailing TA? Was she baiting him with the framed and taped phone sex session?

TA's text message to JA>

You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself.
=====

snipped for space

travis had her number and look what happened. he seen what we all see now.

One thing that stood out to me was the doctor mentioning that he confronted Jodi about the intruder story and she changed her story. Does anyone else pick up that she changes her story when directly confronted on issues?.

Of course when asked, she said she changed her story because she felt fraudulent for lying to all the people who supported her. Implying that it was not that the people she was lying to called her out. Rather that she did it because she felt lying to all these people who believed her was wrong. Just like she lent Travis money, not that she was paying off a loan/car payment at an extremely generous pace, and I assume with no interest.

I don't think they can be prosecuted but they would be disbarred if evidence of that came to light.

I think a lot of defense attorneys don't really believe their clients story but well, what can they do? They gotta pretend they believe her version of events. :floorlaugh:

As a juror I believe my problem would be the fact that this man is looking for a particular sign from Jodi to fit her memory loss for her defense. If you ask questions of a defendant to justify her memory loss it's pretty easy for anyone to guess the correct way to answer him.

A true report and testing should have been done by a doctor not just a psychologist. Samuels is trained to find this diagnosis within a defendant to justify their actions. He is not objective and basically states that on his website. He claims he can help you with your case as a defendant. So he is not at all objective in his findings and more likely than not fed her the answers he needed to make his report.

I truly think this type of testimonies should be prohibited from court since his incentive is to testify in court in order to be paid his fee. Two or three objective psychiatrists should have examined her to determine if she is serving from PTSD. This would have been to her favor if she did have PTSD. This man has no credibility and I can't believe defense used this man when the jury has to be thinking Jodi almost convinced us with her lies but JM set us straight with the facts. My only thinking is that this was Nurmi's last resort. jmo

Dr. Samuels clearly hasn't examined many sociopaths. And if his clinical experience is with police officers traumatized by having to shoot someone or people seeking assistance for sexual dysfunction, then he is used to dealing with people with an acknowledged problem who want to get better not someone trying to con him.

He said that when he first talked to Jodi she was still telling the ninja story and he let her do it without challenging her. I think that she sized him up and let some 'rapport' build between the two of them, then at one point tearfully spills the new, 'I had to defend myself against an abusive pedophile' story. I think she made him feel that he had gained her trust and that his therapeutic techniques had worked in 'getting to the real truth'. I think this is a man who feels very satisfied with himself and his skills and she played to that.

I think a lot of defense attorneys don't really believe their clients story but well, what can they do? They gotta pretend they believe her version of events. :floorlaugh:

Agree. I don't think Nurmi and Willmott believe her story at all. But what are they going to do?

One thing that stood out to me was the doctor mentioning that he confronted Jodi about the intruder story and she changed her story. Does anyone else pick up that she changes her story when directly confronted on issues? He said that after she gave the self defense version he didn't confront her afterwards. I found this odd because Jodi changes her stories on everything when confronted. From the beginning she's been doing this. In the interview with the detective she changed her story from not being there at all to the intruder story once she was confronted with FACTS the information the detective had (camera pics, blood, hair) once confronted about the hair, blood, palm print, pics she came up with a new story, and now we have her latest version, self defense. Jodi creates her stories based on what people believe and what evidence is thrown at her. With each time her lies become more exaggerated and detailed. I wonder what would happen if the doctor confronted her about her latest version, surely she would have another story ready to go based on how he responded to her. I feel like her whole self defense story was crafted by her counsel. They know she is lying but refuse to confront her on the obvious.

Mr. Samuels is not a medical doctor. He has a Phd but it is not for an MD.

IIRC, a friend of Travis' from CA took him in.

I've looked at online tests for different mental illnesses as a result of seeing a thread on another message board where posters were taking it just for a laugh to see what mental illnesses they may have.

I didn't complete any tests, but by looking at the wording of the questions it is clear that you can ascertain what responses would result in a diagnosis of having a mental illness, and what ones a mentally healthy person would respond with. The problem is that the test assumes the person taking it is answering honestly.

The only difference is the tests I saw had many more than 45 questions.

I've taken tests with several 100 questions. They ask the same question in many different ways, many different times. I finally gave it to the therapist after answering for about 45 minutes, and told him I didn't want to play this game anymore. He told me that was very telling in that I could not concentrate. Honestly, it was mind numbingly boring.

If Jodi had PTSD, she would not have been playing those word fencing games with JM. There would have been at least some remorse and survivors guilt about the brutal butchering of someone she supposedly loved.

Jodi never once testified about the pain and suffering of Travis she witnessed during the ordeal. It was all about HER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaylacalifa