trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me say it again:

Martinez has not even put on his case....so just wait for rebuttal, where it has been said by those who know him, where he puts all his cards on the table! I have no doubts in Martinez there is no other prosecutor I have seen that I would want to represent my family....I would like to see those who criticize him do his job. He is passionate and takes it personally so if that is crime then he is guilty. For anyone who doubts him, I cannot help but think they are letting their own fears take control and after the injustice we have seen in past trials they cannot "allow" themselves to be let down again. I understand that, it is hard to lose faith in your own justice system but I have to believe that your faith will be renewed by the one you least expect to renew it! Martinez and this very professional jury who has shown great seriousness in their job.

Thank you! At this stage he can only address what the defence has brought up with their own witnesses. You betcha he has all his ducks in a row for the prosecution's rebuttal case. That's when we will see the truth exposed, and all knitted together in his closing.

Patience, peeps! :rocker:

Might I ask how you felt about the nature and tone of the questions the jurors asked JA?

I was just going to post for all of those who are nervous about the outcome of this trial as I am from time to time, just go back and look at the way the jury questions are asked. Might make some feel better, I know it does me.

the ME said if she stabbed him in the chest he would be bleeding internally, depending on his position if he was laying back then the blood would come out his mouth, if he was laying in the shower and she stabbed him in the chest there may not be much blood splatter.

Mods,
Why did you remove my post? I was shocked that Dr Samuels gave JA a bath robe. This is what Litigatrix said a few pages back. I would like to know the source please.

I am positive Nurmi asked her who the 'we' was in direct, or redirect. She said her sister. I don't think she expounded on why her sister was with her and where she was dropping her off.

I apologise for not being able to provide a link, but even for you wonderful peeps, I cannot bring myself to listen to that cr*p again. I am positive it is in there somewhere.

It was her future sister-in-law. Jodi went back to her brother's house for a nap after getting the car. jmo

BBM by me. Snipped for space.

Regarding the first bold, the water was running, the blood splatter would be washed away.

Second bold, I was an ER nurse for over 20 years, in between being a CCU nurse. There is no way the GSW was first. If he had been shot first, the heart pumping would have caused immediate swelling of the forehead and eyelids, besides the fact that he would have slumped over immediately in an unconscious state. I have seen too many GSW wounds like the one Travis had and not one of them were conscious or able to make a lunge as JA reported.

Nope, don't believe it. The fact that he was stabbed in the superior vena cava caused him to extravasate into his chest cavaty losing heart pump ability, therefore, circulating blood would have stopped and thus no swelling in the temporal facial area. With a pumping heart, every GSW has immediately swelling in this area, it is the way the body works. Travis did not have this. Read the autopsy report, the ME was totally correct in his evaluation.

If I had not read and watched the trial and just looked at Travis (poor dear) laying in the shower after six/seven days, I would not have known he had been shot in the head. I did know he had been stabbed all over but not shot.

The stab wounds occurred during a pumping heart for a short period.

JMHO or my non medical eye balls opinion

Mods,
Why did you remove my post? I was shocked that Dr Samuels gave JA a bath robe. This is what Litigatrix said a few pages back. I would like to know the source please.

i believe it was moved cause the statement Samuels gave JA a bathrobe IS NOT CORRECT!

AS IN IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!

I personally refuse to watch After Dark after seeing it twice. HLN has turned Travis Alexander's murder into a game show. If you feel like I do please complain to HLN, I already have. Disgusting:furious:

Thank you! I couldn't quite put my finger on the appropriate comparison but that's it. And it's not only sickeningly disrespectful to the victim and his family but it completely insults the intelligence of HLN viewers.

I'm not ignoring it. But for a lot of people, it's just not enough to convince them that a *woman* premeditated this murder (especially since they had sex that day). The evidence of planning they attribute to "freak coincidences". Her attempt at covering her tracks they attribute to the "understandable fear" of a battered woman going to prison. We just had two jurors from a mock jury vote to acquit her. That should NEVER happen with this kind of evidence for premeditation.

"Freak coincidences" - ok

I'm not ignoring it. But for a lot of people, it's just not enough to convince them that a *woman* premeditated this murder (especially since they had sex that day). The evidence of planning they attribute to "freak coincidences". Her attempt at covering her tracks they attribute to the "understandable fear" of a battered woman going to prison. We just had two jurors from a mock jury vote to acquit her. That should NEVER happen with this kind of evidence for premeditation.

Mock jury???? Where was this? Please don't tell me you are referencing that joke of a show on HLN.

OT but I work at an intermediate school in N. Tx. and we are on lockdown due to an inmate escaping from the courthouse about 4 blocks away. Can hear helicopters flying overhead. God knew I was bored today due to trial starting late!!!! LOL! :what:

Excitement over! Escapee was found hiding in the playground equipment at another school nearby!

I don't know how the defence can sleep at night. It breaks my heart to see the family sitting in court! Day after day as the defence slaughter him over again! All for the sake of winning!
They know their client slaughtered him.
Yesterday was the first time I've seen his brother smile. I wish I could reach thru my screen and give him and his sisters a big hug.

Just for the record I think:
1. Jodi was kicked out by Travis at 5pm-sh.
2. She was wearing yoga pants and threw on a hoodie (sweater) and snuck back in. I know it is hot in PHX, this is not the point. She needed to "cover up" her arms, legs, neck etc. from blood, and her hair hidden so she goes unnoticed like a "ninja".
3. The roommates were clueless, just listen to the 911 call again. I've lived with men, they only know something is "off" but usually just don't care. The one spent time his time in his room when he was home.
IMOO

BBM. Having raised two sons, I can just imagine their thinking: "Man, someting doesn't smell right. But if I investigate it, I might have to clean it up. Think I'll just ignore it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
electricalbee651