trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But his last seated pose shows his heart exposed, doesn't it? Try getting up from sitting on the floor crammed in a shower and see how long it takes. I tried it twice. You can't get up instantly. IMO the ceiling shot was snapped when she was still holding the camera and he was pushing back. Detective Melendez testified the camera was at least 2 or 3 feet above the floor when that photo was snapped. And right-side up, so I submit Jodi was holding the camera at that time and had already stabbed him at least once.

I'm not so sure Travis didn't get out of the shower and go the sink bending over maybe brushing his teeth or attempting to and she attacked him from the back. Hence, the huge amount of blood spatter in the sink as he was screaming for his life. That was it. She had total control of him by then.

I don't. That's why I said almost. And I don't mean sorry for her per se. I mean sorry that her mind is so warped that she cannot perceive or doesn't care that she is not wanted.

I knew someone would jump on that post...:facepalm:

I once read a quote from someone about a criminal from long ago, talking about how if this guy was as crippled in body as he was in spirit that all the ladies from church would be taking him dinner and so on. That's sort of how I feel about Jodi.

I think it's important to remember that we react to Jodi this way because we are normal, decent people. I get very angry when I hear about what she's done, and certainly think she deserves whatever is coming to her, but the human part of me feels some regret for the total waste she made of her life.

I picture JA under the tree singing "Christmas carols" lol

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Oh, I needed the laugh !

No doubt she was snooping through the Christmas presents under the tree ... nosey Jodi ...

:seeya:

If you recall, Jodi said Travis bought a book called 1000 places to see before you die.Its a bucket list. She stated Sedona and the Grand Canyon were on the list. Yet his friend testified he went along because Travis did not want to be alone with her. She claims the next stop was Crater Lake.
She said they were going to go when he returned from Mexico. That might be where she got rid of the gun. Ctater Lake is just North of Yreka

You know, after reading this post, it struck me. Maybe JA really is insane. From the testimony to the videos, to the witnesses, I really do think she is delusional. I've always thought she was a garden-variety, evil psychopath, but now I am wondering if it is that simple. I know psychotic breaks usually happen in males around the late teens, early 20's. I wonder what it is for females. As much as I detest her, I am wondering if any 'real' Docs tested her.

FYI, Katiecoolady's notes just now coming in to the trial watcher's thread.

I once read a quote from someone about a criminal from long ago, talking about how if this guy was as crippled in body as he was in spirit that all the ladies from church would be taking him dinner and so on. That's sort of how I feel about Jodi.

I think it's important to remember that we react to Jodi this way because we are normal, decent people. I get very angry when I hear about what she's done, and certainly think she deserves whatever is coming to her, but the human part of me feels some regret for the total waste she made of her life.

I completely agree. Jodi is a sociopath beyond repair. We know this. But I am not. When I hear of her desperately and embarrassingly (though sociopaths can't feel embarrassment) declaring herself Travis' girlfriend and curled up under his Christmas tree, I cannot help feel a small pang of sympathy for how pathetic she must have looked. It's not a feeling that lasts long, I assure you. I still think she's a sub human who deserves the death penalty. It's a passing emotion. :biggrin: I even felt sorry for that kid who was convicted in the Steubenville rape case when he was crying about how sorry he was. First of all, I believed him. I know he deserves what he got and hope he learned his lesson, but still.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Oh, I needed the laugh !

No doubt she was snooping through the Christmas presents under the tree ... nosey Jodi ...

:seeya:

Oh that is too funny
Her laying under the tree singing Christmas carols! I'm sure she's not quite the gift Travis wanted under the tree,

Don't be mistaken - Jodi is a truly EVIL person. She is not to be allowed back into our society EVER. MO

Don't be mistaken - Jodi is a truly EVIL person. She is not to be allowed back into our society EVER. MO

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think that to feel no pity for her at all is to be as bad as she is. JMO

But his last seated pose shows his heart exposed, doesn't it? Try getting up from sitting on the floor crammed in a shower and see how long it takes. I tried it twice. You can't get up instantly. IMO the ceiling shot was snapped when she was still holding the camera and he was pushing back. Detective Melendez testified the camera was at least 2 or 3 feet above the floor when that photo was snapped. And right-side up, so I submit Jodi was holding the camera at that time and had already stabbed him at least once.

:goodpost:

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think that to feel no pity for her at all is to be as bad as she is. JMO

I don't feel pity for her and don't consider myself as bad as she is. Your talking about a woman. That is soulless
Just saying

see my post to johunt. I agree they're both first degree. But proof of 1st degree premeditated murder is way different than proof of felony murder. That's why I think the State is backing up the premeditated charge with felony murder in case they can't get the jury behind them on premeditation ahead of time (gas cans, stolen gun, etc.)

Wouldn't accessing someone's personal firearm from a non-visible (hidden) location - without the owner's knowledge or permission - and then discharging said firearm within that owner's residence and pointed at his head causing serious injury or death (absent prior/other fatal wounds) then stealing that firearm and disposing of it ...

... something of a felony?

Or, using a stolen gun, transporting it across state lines, no less and subject to CA laws/restrictions when in her possession in that state, and bringing it into a private residence illegally (JA has no CCW license - especially for a stolen gun, and bringing it into Travis' home without knowledge or permission might actually be legal here :sigh: but this dovetails with premeditation, so... it still works) and all the rest - only the gun isn't Travis' in this version...

I see the makings of a felony here, myself. At least one. But INAL and I haven't looked at the statues for a week or two, but I think there may be some argument in these scenarios - I'll look into it tomorrow. I usually do that first but it's late and it's an opinion, just like everything else here without a link or a quote. :)

I think Tesoro verifying that all three purchases JA made in SLC were for gas will carry the day when all is said and done.

I completely agree. Jodi is a sociopath beyond repair. We know this. But I am not. When I hear of her desperately and embarrassingly (though sociopaths can't feel embarrassment) declaring herself Travis' girlfriend and curled up under his Christmas tree, I cannot help feel a small pang of sympathy for how pathetic she must have looked. It's not a feeling that lasts long, I assure you. I still think she's a sub human who deserves the death penalty. It's a passing emotion. :biggrin: I even felt sorry for that kid who was convicted in the Steubenville rape case when he was crying about how sorry he was. First of all, I believed him. I know he deserves what he got and hope he learned his lesson, but still.

ITA, with yours and G&A's posts, both well spoken.
FYI, w/regard to Steubenville, I found it very hard to watch him address the victim's parents too.

At some point in the trial or after, can they file more charges against Jodi. I'm thinking that they could get her on tampering with a witness. Think magazines with the coded message.

Two thoughts: 1) Jail authorities didn't allow the magazines to go out of the jail as JA intended, so the attempted witness tampering didn't actually occur, imo.

2) Witness tampering can cause a mistrial. Would the prosecution really want to to there?

She also didn't take no for an answer. He told her there was no room for her to stay, and she ends up sleeping under his Christmas tree!!!:what::what::what:

I wonder if she spent the night under the tree singing "Oh Holy Night...." :great:

I have had migraines since I was 12, I am now 42. The only thing that helps, when I get a terrible one, is Fiorinal. I try to take Exedrine or BC first, but if it persists...I take Fiorinal.

I just had one recently, it was behind my right eye and lasted for days! I feel so sorry for people that suffer from them. My son just turned 12 and I am praying he doesn't start getting them

Thank you! I will have to ask my doctor about the one you mentioned. My son does get them. It's not as common in boys, so hopefully your son won't get them. My niece got them at the age of 4. Simply horrible. Mine just don't go away. They start behind one eye and if I don't take something right away, forget about it. I've learned my lesson. Not trying to be the hero anymore. Lol.

So many people on WS suffer from migraines. I feel sorry for anyone who gets them, except JA. :what:

Sorry for the O/T.

I Googled Clancy Talbot (I don't have TV) to see if I could find some vid clips of her interviews and found this news item about her. I think it is her. She was impaled during an ATV accident a few years ago. What caught my eye was that Dave Hall, TA's friend, is in the video ( wearing his PPL shirt). Did TA have any friends outside of PPL?

Would that be strange/suspicious to have alot of prosecution witnesses come from the same company as TA? Maybe that is why they were not called. Just curious as I know nothing about trials.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3832691

Just read the article, poor gal. She is a lovely woman, and loved what she had to say about JA confronting her. Are they sure at the time of that freak accident that JA wasn't in the area donning a lumberjack outfit? :biggrin:

Interesting stuff on the trial watcher's thread from Katiecoolday. That screen shot of Det. Flores really is of him waving to her -- he asked somebody who she was! Amazing.

The dog is giving me the stink eye because I "forced" him to come out to the couch when he could be sleeping on my nice warm comfy bed. So I'll head out again -- can't wait for those juror questions tomorrow. Sure to be interesting and informative.

Excellent analysis. Since you have an analytical bent, I'd like to ask you what you think JA was doing in the 1 minute 16 seconds after the shot of her dragging TA's bloody body at 5:32:16 and the pic at 5:33:32? Whether that photo shows JA dragging his body or if that's merely her shoe shown in that pic, I'd like to hear your theory.

Two different medical examiners expressed the belief that the 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" stab wound to the heart was first. Both said a gunshot would have caused hemorrhaging inside the brain had he been alive, not just along the path of the bullet but the force it would have made upon the surrounding soft area of the brain.

I find Dr. Horn's medical opinion that she stabbed him in the heart compelling. Her rage was up close and personal and she wanted him to suffer. I also doubt there would have time for her to "go get a knife." IMO she had it with her the whole time. It was precisely because of the wound to the heart and the chondrocostal junction--extremely painful and debilitating, that he was spitting up blood almost as soon as he got to the sink, gasping for breath, unable to defend himself.

It all happened much too fast for her not to have had both the knife and the gun with her the whole time, imo.

IMO

She put the knife & gun in the pocket of the bath robe hanging next to the shower.

The 5:33:32 pic... This bothers me too.

This is a real stab (no pun intended) in the dark.

It could possibly be the sole of a black shoe walking away toward the left, with the heel up.

In the top right corner of the black thing on the top left, There is a light spot which looks angled as would the back of the sole of a runners shoe.
(I worked in the sporting goods industry years ago)

I see a door (White verticle object along the right side) which looks like it swings over what looks to be floor moulding.. like what is usually
installed between tile and carpet.

Trouble is...
In no other photos of the crime scene (Bathroom, closet, bedroom) do I see moulding between:
Floor and tile
Tile and tile
carpet and carpet

Like everyone else I am sure, I look at it, study it... and study it.
And walk away.
I then go back with freshly rested eyes only to be frustrated again.

One thing I do know:
She must have been on vivarin
or had energizer batteries where the sun don't shine
to do that kind of damage... that fast.

This photo reminds me of the Sunday newspaper in my hometown.
They would print a partial photo of something around town and ask the readers to guess what it was.
The result would be printed the Sunday after someone guessed it along with a full view of the entire pic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89