trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Linda :). Yes, I do. I also have *real* PTSD so this was a problem the first time I tried it and I quit. Now, I am taking 2 extra medications to help me sleep well at night while taking the Chantix, so it isn't so bad. I want to take it sooo bad because I took it when it first came out and quit easily within 10 days.

I have friends that are currently taking it who have no PTSD issues. They've told me that they've experienced no different sleep or dreams OR a subtle change, more vivid but not bad dreams. The most common complaint amongst my friends has been a dull headache and of course, nausea, mostly when trying to smoke.

Watching this case has made my dreams freaky for sure!

Good luck if you try it! :)

OT/ But I feel this is important, people might need to know this about Chantix. I had the super vivid dreams after the 1st week, a very nice one in fact about my high school sweetheart. :)

Then on the 3rd week I ground off 2 molar crowns in my sleep and awoke one morning with such an awful nightmare about my daughter that I have not been able to voice that nightmare to anyone. I quit Chantix that day! I cried for days about the nightmare. I'm getting the electronic cigarette ASAP. Have heard good things about it and not nearly as expensive as Chantix.

I feel that this testimony is too disconnected from the case to have much of an impact, for the state or the defense. I'm still shocked at the tameness of this witness. I expected a character trashing like no other but instead we get a lecture about DV in a broad sense.

I believe I may be watching a different trial than you.

The jurors are not idiots, that is clearly illustrated by their questions to witnesses thus far, so they are not disconnecting this hypothetical abusive male and his childhood from Travis Alexander. They know exactly who the DV expert was suggesting her testimony was applied to.

I do have faith that their questions will reflect that they see through this little stunt to realize that the DT just played dirty pool and snuck in testimony that was not supposed to be relevant or discussed in this trial.

I hope Juan asks this expert to explain her experience with abusive personalities who stalk.

Turnabout would be so lovely to see.

I have to think this witness is testifying to educate the public about DV. She will be setting her cause back to the stone ages if she actively helps defense trash Travis. It is SOOOOOOO offensive to put Jodi in the same position as battered women the witness works with.

I believe it was Justice Junkie who said we would change our mind today about this witness. That is the case for me. She may not be using TA name but Wilmont is getting her to paint a picture.

BBM. Me, too. I so wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. Now I'm ten times angrier. :furious: No question about what she was doing. This wasn't some "hypothetical" from JW. Really infuriating.

Me? I don't know anything- I'm half bombed on champagne and Hershey eggs.
KCLtherapy.gif

Did anyone notice if that teenage girl who had been going to the trial and was on Dr. Drew was in the gallery for this? I mean this is what she was studying, DV right?

The utter bias that this expert and attorney spewed all day is devastating to every single individual who was or is a victim and every person who overcame some form of verbal, emotional, physical abuse in their past and broke that horrific cycle.

And for what? To defend a narcissistic sociopath who brutally and savagely murdered another human who is manipulating this trial to harass and drive a knife deeper into the hearts of Travis's family.

I'm walking away for the night..........

Do we have anything from TA declaring his love? Do we have the Valentine? Birthday card? An email? Text? Flowers sent? SOMETHING? I'm believing they were a "couple" less and less as this woman talks...

Remember her story about the alleged easter present? The box left on the porch, the chocolates had melted but she lovingly ate them anyway, the spidey undies and "a letter".

IIRC at the mention of the alleged letter it was Juan who called for sidebar, court was ended for the day and tha't the last we ever heard of this letter.

So she can't even produce fabricated "proof"

Remember Diane's song? She sang along when it played in court.

Duran Duran Hungry Like The Wolf Lyrics
Songwriters: Taylor, Roger Andrew / Le Bon, Simon / Rhodes, Nick / Taylor, John / Taylor, Andy
Dark in the city night is a wire
Steam in the subway earth is afire
Do do do do do do do dodo dododo dodo
Woman you want me give me a sign
And catch my breathing even closer behind

In touch with the ground
I'm on the hunt I'm after you
Smell like I sound I'm lost in a crowd.
And I'm hungry like the wolf.
Straddle the line in discord and rhyme
I'm on the hunt I'm after you.
Mouth is alive with juices like wine
And I'm hungry like the wolf

Stalked in the forest too close to hide
I'll be upon you by the moonlight side
High blood Drumming on your skin it's so tight
You feel my heat I'm just a moment behind

In touch with the ground
Scent and a sound. I'm lost and I'm found
Strut on a line it's discord and rhyme
I howl and I whine I'm after you
Mouth is alive all running inside

Hungry like the wolf
Hungry like the wolf
Hungry like the wolf

Burning the ground I break from the crowd
I smell like I sound. I'm lost and I'm found
Hungry Like The Wolf lyrics © EMI Music Publishing, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.

and Jodi has Here with Me by dido

That's a creepy song. I hated Arias singing that song in the interrogation room. But the headstand is what really gave me the shivers.

and she talks about CA......this trial is in ARZ.................

Yes, and she is wrong about the courts in CA. If there is a domestic violence report to LE, LE takes pictures, records all statements. The victim is not allowed to change her story, he/she must testify. Since the OJ case, they prosecute no matter what! Once LE is involved, you are SOL if you want to recant.

:twocents:

Once when we were in Oregon, we drove to the murder site where Dianne shot her kids. I was thinking about how that song was playing at the very spot. Spooky....

Duran Duran Hungry Like The Wolf Lyrics
Songwriters: Taylor, Roger Andrew / Le Bon, Simon / Rhodes, Nick / Taylor, John / Taylor, Andy
Dark in the city night is a wire
Steam in the subway earth is afire
Woman you want me give me a sign
And catch my breathing even closer behind

In touch with the ground
Smell like I sound I'm lost in a crowd.
Straddle the line in discord and rhyme
I'm on the hunt I'm after you.

Stalked in the forest too close to hide
I'll be upon you by the moonlight side
High blood Drumming on your skin it's so tight
You feel my heat I'm just a moment behind

In touch with the ground
Scent and a sound. I'm lost and I'm found
I howl and I whine I'm after you
Mouth is alive all running inside

Hungry like the wolf
Hungry like the wolf
Hungry like the wolf

Burning the ground I break from the crowd
I smell like I sound. I'm lost and I'm found
Hungry Like The Wolf lyrics © EMI Music Publishing, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.

This is in the top 5 of my favorite songs! '80's :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members