trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, my originally from TN grandmother always said "carry", and she didn't shop at Publix, she "traded" there. :floorlaugh:

While waiting for trial...
I was born in Knoxville- Grandparents from Centerville then Nashville
Lucky me! I was living in Memphis when MLK was killed.
I was only 9 mos old but mama said it was a scary time!

Have you ever heard the word Devan used for a couch?

Breakfast, Dinner and Supper?

My grandma NEVER said lunch!

The Hughes are on the def witness list

Watched Chris testify at that hearing regarding defense allegations regarding JM. If the Nurmi - Chris exchanges I heard are anything to go by, Chris will definitely be a hostile witness. He accused Nurmi of putting he and his wife on the list to keep them out of the courtroom.

I am not 100% sure but didn't the judge tell the wife Hughes to not follow the media on this case?

Thanks. If that's true then I expect she will be re-called in rebuttal. Very interesting. She has some stories about JA that will fly in the face of her "shrinking violet" routine.

I wonder why the defense doesn't want their spending amounts revealed? What do they have to hide?
ETA How can it be related to her right to a fair trial?

Is your kitty a "snowshoe" cat? I had one for 15 years and he was the love of my life.

I'm sorry I am so technically challenged, I don't even know how to put up a pic or avatar? by my user name!:seeya:

woot!:rocker:

My ex-boyfriend went to SMU grad school. I love Dallas! All the girls are pretty!
I spent most of my time in Houston, then Dallas, got married & moved to San Antonio & now Corpus!

I lived in Houson too....butt end by Katy.

I apologize for reposting, but does anyone have an answer? (please let the answer be yes (more new witnesses!)

yes, to 'rebutt' any testimony with other information.:rocker:

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial
I envision chambers having a big fireplace with big red vinyl chairs and bottles of whiskey and scotch with ice cube buckets.

LOL

I said I would reserve judgement until today...

Wow this kinda hurts!
footinmouth.jpg

I didn't say it here, but I was reserving judgement too. Not anymore. They are so CRASS.

Lemme have that other foot and I'll shove it in my mouth.

I think so. After the last seated photo, there is a gap of 70 seconds before the ceiling shot. JM believes, and so do I, that she attacked him during that time. She would have to have had both weapons with her. I don't know if she delivered more than one stab at that time, but the medical examiner believes the first stab was to the heart, and gravely wounded him--and caused his right lung to fill with blood, making him gasp for air and cough up blood.

The fact that Jodi pushed the shutter as the camera was moving (according to Detective Melendez, the camera expert) suggests she may have been trying to photograph his first stab/s, with or without the knife still in his chest, when TA was able to push back. Melendez said the photo was taken when the camera was "at least 2 or 3 feet from the ground." Brrr. Cold as ice. :what:

I always thought that she wanted to photograph her murder. Do you think she had duct taped the weapons under the bathroom sink?

Lol, my originally from TN grandmother always said "carry", and she didn't shop at Publix, she "traded" there. :floorlaugh:

Oh lordy, here in N'Awlins, people actually say "I gotta make groceries" rather than say "I'm going grocery shopping".

It always cracks me up to hear terms and words that are unique to a place. I remember living in Alaska and when I first got there i met a lady who told me she hadn't been outside in 10 years.I was stunned at the thought of being indoors for 10 years. But "outside" means outside of Alaska, apparently.

Yes, the media is brainwashing I agree. I take everything they say with a grain of salt.

I'd rather stream the trial, and post on here. :rocker: You have a clearer perspective instead of listening to paid to talk media hounds.

I have faith in this jury. I think they will put it all together. Its the people in the media that make me crazy mad at the way they describe it. Which if they continue to describe it that way, people watching start buying into it. I have a friend who after watching just the trial has said she doesn't know if she would be able to convict Jodi much less sentence her to death after only watching the trial. ( she has not followed any part of this case besides watching the trial.) Her reason, b/c there is a possibility that he attacked her b/c she says he did. I have been sending her info through email that she will read after the trial is done and the jury deliberates to see if her mind will change. But I did I quickly cleared up beyond reasonable doubt to her. She knows I get emotional over some cases.

:dramaqueen::waiting::countsheep:

clothes not matched up exactly right or what?:furious:

:gthanks::gthanks:Just wanted to give a shout out to Mr Emu whose act of kindness was awesome.....
Wondering what a an EMU would look like with shorn tail feathers...hmmm....

Seriously though Steely Dan you are an inspiration...thank you ....

The defence witness list? Is that correct? If so, crazy strange!

Yes defense doubt they will be called
Think it was to keep them from talking to media
Can't imagine Def calling them but what do I know

On the handle of her wooden spoon?

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial
The defense just left chambers and exited out the front door of the court. #JodiArias Juan and Flores are still here chillin'.
ReplyRetweetFavorite51s WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial
Alyce just arrived wearing some sort of floral type pattern with a red shirt below. She had on a backpack

LOL. Of course she did. She's probably wearing birkenstocks, too. Honestly, of all the decades to get stuck in, the 70's really is the worst.

I think the Arias lie to ALaV regarding pedophilia she found on Trav's p.c. completely undermines her later proffered correction. She is supposedly horrifed & traumatised by what she saw as the photo on paper came off the bed and "in that chaotic way that paper falls" lands face up. She is smiling as her hands flutter, demonstrating. What's with the poesy portrayal? Sounds like a script writer creating a scene, not the memory of someone in shock at what she saw. That testimony always backed me up hard. Conspicuously counterfeit. We learn from the body language experts and profilers that emotional memories produce emotions that correspond on recall of the experience at the moment of retelling. We have to assess these discoveries as two more critical lies the defendant tells. Two lies do not make a truth.

The pedophilia lie exposes Jodi as the worst kind of woman, willing to stoop to any level to devalue Travis. Once the jury realised it was a lie, this trial was over, now they realise she will say anything, and that the defence team will present it for her they know exactly what they're looking at and the effect is gone. If I was Willmott I'd be getting this over and done with as fast as possible, surely she can feel the awkwardness of the failing argument in the courthouse.

I believe the trouble with ALV is not the same kind of arrogance or greed as the “good doctor.” I think her 70’s/80’s belief system is so deeply entrenched in her mind that no amount of evidence to the contrary will sway her. I think she truly believes that all or most women are somehow abused by men in their lives; that no woman would do what Jody has done unless she had been abused. She cannot ever make herself believe otherwise. One of those cases of “don’t let the facts get in the way of your beliefs.” I think she also has no idea how young women’s sexual behavior has changed over the last decade or so, so that many women today are the agressors in relationships. She’s stuck in a time and information warp and nothing will make her change her view. So Juan’s cross examination will just be emotional/verbal abuse of her -- in her view.

Totally agree. I was troubled by her dismissiveness of facebook/twitter and texting because I think if you're going to be testifying in a case with 2 people in their 20's, in 2008...you NEED to at least understand how that stuff applies and has changed communication. Women are aggressors in relationships, girls do call boys, send sexy pics, etc. It's really the norm whether we like it or not.

I get the sense she doesn't feel the need to keep up with research or deign to understand the world around her on the world's terms...because she is an expert and "just knows" things. And everything must fit into her preconceived "continuum" somehow (wish Wilmott would have asked when it was published, as it's not exactly cutting edge. Very much stuck in time imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member