trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe she was interviewed in the 48 Hours show.

She can be called as a rebuttal witness.

Found it, Deanna Reid testified in the evidentiary hearing on 08-08-2011. While on the stand two state exhibits were brought into evidence. Here's hoping she can help on the state's rebuttal.

There has to be a reason why her parents can sit in the courtroom,but Sky & husband can not!Her parents are not going to testify for her in the guilt or innocent phase.They will not testify to her behavior when she came back from the week Jodi was gone.Why-b/c she was normal & no one knew what she did..They are not going to get up on that stand & say that..It makes Jodi look very very bad.So they are going to wait until the penalty phase to try and save her with the mental issues argument!!Please don't kill her..she is sick,always has been,yada yada,yada...

Okay, it's official for me. I never thought I could ever feel so vulnerable to the injustices of the world like I do in this trial. Maybe I just need to stay away from coverage, or maybe it's helping me deal with psychopaths in the workplace, but I truly, truly find it impossible to imagine that I can remain sane if Jodi is not convicted of Murder One. I am sick to my stomach today for so many reasons, but mostly because everything that is ugly in this world is contained in this trial. EVERYTHING.

Thanks for this post, and well said.

BBM~ From the parent's statements about Jodi- that described bi-polar MOO

Rather.....Intermittent Explosive Disorder + many other diagnoses.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Yes, poor Sandy :( I think Dad was just being a "Dad" and did not it until Jodi was full blown ready to kill.

Interesting the father said Jodi was only strange the past year or so. The mother said Jodi has mental problems and her friends would call mom in the middle of the night and tell her Jodi needs help.

I think the mom saw through Jodi more than the father did. The mom had to deal with Jodi more and that is why their relationship was strained.

ASPD. With a bullet. I'd like to know if dad suspected her of stealing from the family businesses. He didn't even hesitate to ad that she may have been behind the gun theft.

JMO
Dont hang me, but I think she was minimizing too to the police. I think there were numerous chances for her to get Jodi the help she needed, and she chose to cast her aside and keep the "problem" away. I think she was minimizing to the officer all the times she knew Jodi had serious issues and she kept ignoring them because it would disrupt her life. It was much easier to just tell Jodi to stay away.

It was just an impression I got as I felt the Mom was trying to convince the officer that she was "shocked and surprised" that it could have gotten this bad.

Sorry, but I dont buy it. I think it was much more serious than that and she knew it for a very long time, and did nothing.

I am not saying that she had any legal responsibility to provide any help, but I am saying that I think there were many more signs and issues that happened, than she made it sound like.

But I do agree she is a victim too, to some extent. No doubt a victim too.

I definitely don't want to hang you but.....IDK, I can't say how wackadoo my kid would have to be for me to think she could hurt someone. Not to mention, she was an adult and from what I understand it's pretty hard to get someone help when they won't admit they have a problem.
I felt sorry for her mother for the first time watching that.

They aren't saying they are on trial. In fact I think this puts her parents in a better light.

IMO

Travis isn't on trial either but most days you can't tell because it sure seems like it.

I have a question, did Jodi ever say why she dropped out of school? Did she have any history of behavior problems?

She dropped out because she got grounded for skipping a final exam -- so she moved in with her vampire boyfriend and dropped out of school. And, yes, she has a history of behavior problems. Kicking her dog, beating on her brother, dropping out of school, drinking and blacking out when she was 14. I'm sure there's more that we don't know about.

There has to be a reason why her parents can sit in the courtroom,but Sky & husband can not!Her parents are not going to testify for her in the guilt or innocent phase.They will not testify to her behavior when she came back from the week Jodi was gone.Why-b/c she was normal & no one knew what she did..They are not going to get up on that stand & say that..It makes Jodi look very very bad.So they are going to wait until the penalty phase to try and save her with the mental issues argument!!Please don't kill her..she is sick,always has been,yada yada,yada...

IMO the DT has asked them to be there. And IMO they are being paid to be there. It looks good for the jury, so the DT would think

Hearing about Juror #5 being so upset to be let go has got me crying some.

I heard only good things about you, Number 5! :grouphug:

I have a question, did Jodi ever say why she dropped out of school? Did she have any history of behavior problems?

I keep thinking I heard her on the stand admit to being kicked out of kindergarden :lol:

From the unseen interrogation with Det. Flores on the day she was arrested, July 15, 2008:

Flores enters interrogation room and Jodi notices his gun:

Arias: What kind of gun is that Just curious.
Flores: It's a GLock
Arias: I just bought a gun.
Flores: Did you?
Arias: MMm hmm.
Flores: They probably found it by now.
Arias: Probably. I was taking it somewhere.

She is off-the-walls crazy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member