trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an active Mormon, and my husband is currently a bishop. No way good Mormons would EVER consider Travis' sex life or potential poor treatment in a relationship (so SHE says) as an excuse for what she did to him. In my opinion everything I've heard about him: the good, the bad, and the gettin freaky, makes him more human to me, and makes me so sad to think about what ultimately happened to him. Mormons are actually not judgmental about past mistakes because we have a testimony in the Atonement of Jesus Christ and believe a person can move past a bad past and do better. I think Travis was trying to do that. What a Mormon would NOT look fondly at is professing momon beliefs and continuing to lie their pants off every time they open their mouth.

What is his fate? Will he have a good outcome in heavan?

My prediction for her first day with Martinez on cross:

The_Brady_Bunch_Alice_Gets_Dunked_1971.jpg

OMG you HAVE to find a way to get that to mark Eiglarsh!!!! I can somehow get it to Dr. Drew Show possibly. ...do you post on his FB page? Or tweet? He has got to see this!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

BBM

Cindy Anthony did all she could to pervert justice in her granddaughter's murder.

Cindy Anthony committed perjury to aid in the defense of her granddaughter's murderess.

Bad is an understatement.

I don't disagree with you. That whole case broke my freakin heart to pieces. I do think she never ever was as honest as she was when she made that call. That was the truth and she turned her back on it. I think it is more subconscious than conscious to do that, and it doesn't EVER make it right.

I think you're right. One thing I can't get out of my head was KatieDDJ speaking on DD about being in the cafeteria (?) and Juror5 asking her if she was in line - KN was right there... Wonder if he suggested that J5 showed too much recognition to KDDJ or something. Certainly she'd recognize her from being in the gallery every day, but didn't he use her name as "someone working for HLN" being part of this..?

I just had an uneasy feeling that the three of them were together in the lunch line and J5 spoke to KDDJ. What defense lawyer wouldn't make that into something? Dunno. Just made me wonder...

I spoke to her at length right after she talked about that on the show cuz she was concerned it wasn't clear. It was literally an exchange of "are you in line?" and "no". That was the beginning, middle and end. Now if he's gonna appeal on THAT....I just can't even respond!!! But they do appeal /object on preposterous BS.

This judge, in my opinion, is very careful. She does not want a mistrial or to have this turned over on appeal. No matter what people think of her, I think she is doing an ok job. I don't like the short hours, the antics by the DT, and I didn't like the hearsay admitted today!! She may be over accommodating to the DT, but at the end of the day, I hope justice is served for the Alexander family and there is NO room for an appeal. I have faith in Mr. Martinez! He is a wonderful prosecutor. Going to trust the system and not lose faith.

Praying for Justice for Travis.

Re BBM
I understand, however, I feel that her over accomodating can also cause a mistrial. For example, if she allows the removal of jurors for illegitmate reasons, then they may run out of jurors.

Or , the defense could argue for a mistrial based on a bad deicision she made that they themselves asked her to make.

"....naked...." or "stripped"...?
iirc...she actually said that! Thank you--I forgot about that. The tone of voice she used when she said it creeped me out too...

Dagnabbit...where the heck is that footage/verbiage....??!

And she repeated it verbatim a second time. She had that one very well rehearsed.

I am an active Mormon, and my husband is currently a bishop. No way good Mormons would EVER consider Travis' sex life or potential poor treatment in a relationship (so SHE says) as an excuse for what she did to him. In my opinion everything I've heard about him: the good, the bad, and the gettin freaky, makes him more human to me, and makes me so sad to think about what ultimately happened to him. Mormons are actually not judgmental about past mistakes because we have a testimony in the Atonement of Jesus Christ and believe a person can move past a bad past and do better. I think Travis was trying to do that. What a Mormon would NOT look fondly at is professing momon beliefs and continuing to lie their pants off every time they open their mouth.

Thank you!!!! Very cool to hear this perspective!!

She lived in Northern California. She should of stayed there. Alot of guys cheat. Mine did. I left. I did not cut his throat and stab him 29 times and shoot him in tbe head. Again, she thinks her anger justified the action.

And a lot of folks would consider what Travis was doing doggish, but not cheating - certainly not on JA.

Weren't the women he was interested in deeply LDS - thus the cheating didn't involve sex... not to mention it wasn't cheating because he was single.

Travis didn't want to date JA because she wasn't LDS, so she fixed that. Superficially. So it seems like he was rather particular about that... Had he ever dated a non-LDS woman that we know of?

He wasn't cheating - he wasn't in a relationship. JA refused to go away.

Jumping off your post...

JA wasn't a Mormon, she just pretended to be one. Anything to get anyone, she desires. I have more of a problem with a murderer, preying on someone, converting to their religion to gain their trust, then SLAUGHTERING them, than someone who has sex out of their religion. Perspective.

How many of us are guilty of not complying to their religion? Heck, I was raised Catholic, my parents went to all girls/boys Catholic schools, I won't go into to details, but this isn't about religion!

This is a vicious, brutal, pre-meditated murder! Even if you don't believe it was pre-meditated, JA admits to slaughtering Travis.

It.has.nothing.to.do.with.being.Mormon!!

Nope, JA was a Mormon, baptized by TA. After listening to a Mormon Elder that taught her the discussions..I think she was serious about becoming a Mormon. I became a Catholic at one point in my life. Attended RCIA. Becoming a Catholic required much more study/time that it does to become a Mormon IMO. If you listen to Mimi Hall's testimony (JM had her tell about the sins of Mormonism) and TA's friends that were on NG or Dr. Drew..they harped on how he was a virgin, stumbled and his "natural man" prevailed..That is why religion plays a part in this trial. TA could not be a normal man, JA had to be his dirty little secret. He had to pretend he was a virgin. Elder Jensen: (already posted this, but the thread moves so fast). This is the Mormon elder that taught JA. http://www.theculturalhallpodcast.com/2013/03/special-episode-elder-jensenjodi-arias/

NG said that some TH's feel that ALV may be the hail mary to get JA an ACQUITTAL.
That is the first time I have heard that word mentioned in reference to this trial. Lesser charges, maybe, LWOP as opposed to DS, yes, but never the A word....
I don't like it, I really don't like it.....
Night all, I need to shake my head till all my marbles get back in a nice little row... :)

She seems to be less into blathering for the sake of controversy and ratings than others covering the trial, but she is not perfect. I see an acquittal as nearly impossible.

It seems that some HLN viewers and even some here at WS are like Super Bowl fans who are afraid their team will blow a 28 point lead with 3 minutes left.

Honestly, from what you have seen of ALV, would you change your mind and vote to acquit based on her testimony?

Juan will get a conviction. As Adam Clayton Powell once said, "keep the faith, baby"

OMG you HAVE to find a way to get that to mark Eiglarsh!!!! I can somehow get it to Dr. Drew Show possibly. ...do you post on his FB page? Or tweet? He has got to see this!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Nonononono....

Don't ruin our childhood Icon Alice--- please....I was a latchkey kid....she raised me thrum the Tv.....

:sigh:

Nope, JA was a Mormon, baptized by TA. After listening to a Mormon Elder that taught her the discussions..I think she was serious about becoming a Mormon. I became a Catholic at one point in my life. Attended RCIA. Becoming a Catholic required much more study/time that it does to become a Mormon IMO. If you listen to Mimi Hall's testimony (JM had her tell about the sins of Mormonism) and TA's friends that were on NG or Dr. Drew..they harped on how he was a virgin, stumbled and his "natural man" prevailed..That is why religion plays a part in this trial. TA could not be a normal man, JA had to be his dirty little secret. He had to pretend he was a virgin. Elder Jensen: (already posted this, but the thread moves so fast). This is the Mormon elder that taught JA. http://www.theculturalhallpodcast.com/2013/03/special-episode-elder-jensenjodi-arias/

ok at one point in her testimony she said something to the effect of...at least that is what I pretented/proported or something like that in reference to being a mormon. I'm looking for the link.

having said that...I've been wrong tonight on another issue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine