trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodpost:
I think the biggest accomplishment today was JM's having been able to show an unwillingness on ALV's part to consider evidence unfavorable to JA and a failure to apply the same standards across the board to written/verbal communications she relied on. He's done a good job of pointing out that ALV is heavily biased toward the defendant - not only in dismissing/applying different standards of evaluation to TA than she did to JA, but in negating more objective evidence or always interpreting ambiguous evidence in JA's favor.

JM was able to unravel ALV quite thoroughly today, so much so that at one point she told him if he were in her group, she would ask him to "take a timeout." (The judge admonished her for that comment.)

Bottom line after today, IMO, is that no juror is gonna have any doubt that this witness was not (and still isn't) at all objective in evaluating the domestic violence situation, despite her claims to the contrary.

:goodpost:

thx, you put it perfectly!

And ALV will be very congenial and relatively relaxed -- except when JM objects or she sees him giving her his piercing look, at which time she'll put on her smug, superior group therapy leader look.

That's the time a little asked and answered is in order...imo.

Yes, 3 times on questions from JM, which required a true of false answer, JW each time, shook her head No. Thought the first time was just a fluke, but saw it twice more.

JA was also doing that through out the day.

When you get to feeling like that, remember Clara Barton. Small, shy, often depressed yet in the midst of the Civil War she founded the American Red Cross. How did she do it? Tenacity!
Clara Barton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:facepalm: LOL, When I read that, the first thing that came to my mind was Clara HARRIS, the wife in TX who repeatedly drove over & over & over her husband in a hotel parking lot as he exited the hotel after a tryst with his mistress, around 2002. Given the subject matter, the forum, etc, that's just the first thing that popped up, her in the Mercedes going around and around in crazy circles......small, shy and depressed.....how did she do it??? Tenacity!! Weird. Neverrrrrmind. :crazy:

Am I the only one who is creeped out by the Jodi/Wilmott bff whispers?

what i seem to think is the intentional mother daughter look- blend jodi into looking like her sister or daughter. the nice smart atty-lol- jodi is her twin image- sorry that does not work for me - image . i saw JW mouth - DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT TO JODY- I SWEAR I READ THOSE LIPS SAYING THIS TO ONE OF JODIS WISPERS. MAYBE I AM WRONG BUT I DO NOT THINK SO.

Inappropriate smiling and whispering between Jodi and Wilmott getting out of hand. That activity is very rude when the jury is walking in or out. Shows much lack of respect. :furious:

To me, the larger issue is that this conduct does not reflect the gravity of these court proceedings. Travis Alexander is dead and JA's life is in the balance right now.Is JA so out of touch with reality that she doesn't understand there is a possibility, no high probability that she may be sentenced to death? Is her DT helping her hold onto the illusion of a lesser sentence to prevent an emotional outburst? What kind of reaction might we see when she hears "Guilty of first degree murder?"

JA continually goes back and forth with JW as if they were high school girlfriends. Anyone notice how JA puts her hand on JW shoulder, puts her face/chin close to JW neck/face. . . I don't know what to make of this, but all this close physical contact is unprofessional and disturbing! JA does not know any better but JW professional ethics/standards are questionable in this regard, moo.

Anyone ever see this type of display between a killer defendant and their attorney before?

Baez and FCA

ugh...

After my aunt finished law school, she was a public defender. After many years and scraping by financially, she became a county prosecutor. She was so happy and she was so positive all the time. She glowed and was a very strong woman.

After a few years, the politics got to her (Chicago) and she left to become a private criminal defense lawyer. I saw her change into a very negative person. Just terrible to be around. She tried to be a divorce attorney but the money just wasn't there. Gang bangers have cash and they pay their attorneys. Sadly, my aunt is no longer a good person. She tried to counter-balance the negativity with doing lots of pro bono work but it wasn't enough. She no longer practices law but unfortunately, she still has changed to the point that she's no longer a nice person to be around.

I see remarks on here about JW and I think about my aunt. She was just doing her job. She believed in justice and that everyone has a right to legal representation. She worked hard to graduate law school and work full-time. She was happy and full of life.

Everyone wants justice for Travis. JW is just doing her job, and well, even Nurmi tried to get out of this case.

moo
BBM First up, sorry to hear how your aunt has changed.

I would have not any problem with JW if she was 'just' doing her job and was porfessional about it but she's not. Some of the objections she comes out with are ridiculous, the way she huffs up to the stand is no better, and worst of all her chumming with JA does not strike me as just doing her job. If JW defended JA to the best of her ability without the theatrics, I would think differently.

I think the biggest accomplishment today was JM's having been able to show an unwillingness on ALV's part to consider evidence unfavorable to JA and a failure to apply the same standards across the board to written/verbal communications she relied on. He's done a good job of pointing out that ALV is heavily biased toward the defendant - not only in dismissing/applying different standards of evaluation to TA than she did to JA, but in negating more objective evidence or always interpreting ambiguous evidence in JA's favor.

JM was able to unravel ALV quite thoroughly today, so much so that at one point she told him if he were in her group, she would ask him to "take a timeout." (The judge admonished her for that comment.)

Bottom line after today, IMO, is that no juror is gonna have any doubt that this witness was not (and still isn't) at all objective in evaluating the domestic violence situation, despite her claims to the contrary.
nevermind. the video didn't embed.

Can you imagine having to go to law school with someone like Juan or even worse having been a teacher? It would be brilliant in many ways but you wouldn't want to have a bad day if you are against him in a pseudo court case!

Can you imagine being his teen aged kid? How you gonna do the cursory lying with a dad like that?

On the other hand, JM would be an AWESOME Uncle to be able to go to for help with some teen aged problem.:great:

wouldn't be or look so bad, if his Qs were just answered instead of needing to know where he was going.

That's her whole problem. She is trying to look ahead for the cliff he's leading her to instead of just answering questions. She's as slippery as JA. Maybe she spent too much time with her and it rubbed off!

Jealousy, Stalking and Abuse, go hand in hand. If she cannot identify Jealousy and Stalking, she needs a new career.

I have nothing to say or add.

The Truth will come out. :rocker:

I get emotional. :blushing:

I'll take the High Road.

[video=youtube;qwun83po2u4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwun83po2u4[/video]

:facepalm: LOL, When I read that, the first thing that came to my mind was Clara HARRIS, the wife in TX who repeatedly drove over & over & over her husband in a hotel parking lot as he exited the hotel after a tryst with his mistress, around 2002. Given the subject matter, the forum, etc, that's just the first thing that popped up, her in the Mercedes going around and around in crazy circles......small, shy and depressed.....how did she do it??? Tenacity!! Weird. Neverrrrrmind. :crazy:

Oh Clara! Another trial I attended.

Yesterday there was some talk on here about asking someone to lip read JA when she talks with JW. Today I see her very determinedly hiding her face when she talked with JW at the end of the day, and when she saw that there was another camera on her she hurriedly put her glasses back on and moved away again.

Methinks someone in the DT has been reading these threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether