trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AVL has caused a mass of conflicting feelings for me. I feel sorry for her, on one hand, because I honestly believe that she only had half the story and was so charmed by Jodi that she couldn't believe that she could possibly have it in her to do such a horrible thing without provocation. The the other side says, this woman minimized what should be red flags in any relationship: an ex sleeping in your bed, stalking behavior, ect. She's essentially telling victims, it's not stalking unless you're afraid and that isn't okay with me. It's not the sort of information she should be spouting out, especially as a champion of DV victims.

I'm just hoping the reason the defense witnesses have had so many questions is because they doubt them. I think my heart will break if she's acquitted. I nearly cried with Casey Anthony was acquitted.

:seeya: I am new here too. I so enjoy your conversations. I can not tell you how many times I have been reading here late into the night and started to giggle out loud at the observations. As someone that suffers from clinical depression that does not happen much. I must say one of the best days was when you all talked about the nude pics and so many things were talked about by referring to vegetables and fruits. Hope nobody got a time out but, it gave this girl a much needed laugh. Thanks for all the great insight in this trial.

But want to ask the opinion of others since it was talked about again today. When they play the “sex tape” did you notice that everytime Travis says what he wants “to do to her” or “with her”, she always say," What?”, “What did you say?”. She always wants him to repeat those parts, everytime throughout the whole recording. She was setting him up even at that time. What do you think?

And I extend the same :welcome: to you as well!

:greetings:

And ladies when you buy those naughty little things at VS or *advertiser censored* are us , and you're wanting your man to ravished and make you beg it's just plain wrong. You're being abused.

LOL, my VS card is ALWAYS maxed out! Uh oh, time to get some couples therapy!!! :blushing:

:seeya: So how did Mike do ? Do you think they will repeat ?

:great: He is my favorite at HLN !

IMO .. no biggie. I am so weary of this "network" exploiting this case, especially the program following NG, hosted by VP. Just redic in my opinion. I am so sorry for Travis's family to be subjected to all of this ...um ... well ... :nevermind:pft!

HLN's Beth Karis is reporting jury basket overflowing with questions.

The best of this trial is yet to come.

Bring on the jury questions for LAV.

MOO.

stash-1-50038a7a6a1c3.gif

the thing that makes me frustrated in this case is the amount of "things" the state was unable to use in their case.....the interrogation tapes of her parents saying that they questioned her about the murder and that she is a strange person with mental issues that lies a lot, the records indicating that she had an arsenal of weapons when she was arrested, the friends of Travis' that could have told about the stalking like how she would hide in his closet while he was out on dates with other women. I truly think those things would help jurors get a fuller picture of Jodi.

My kiddo knows that I am obsessed with this trial and this is what she said to me today as she got on the bus.
"Mom I hope you have a Juan day and not a Nurmi day!"

I love my kid. She :rocker:

Let's follow ALV's points.

She said that she believes Jodi Arias.

Arias says that she has an Einsteinian IQ.

Therefore, according to ALV, JA would tell only "really good lies."

Ergo, if it sounds like a really bad lie, either Jodi didn't tell it, or ALV believes that it's true.

Because JA told so many bad lies, ALV believes they were actually the truth.

This means that ALV believes that Jodi wasn't there on June 4, that she didn't hurt Travis and never would have, but also that she killed him in his house on that date.

ALV also believes the intruder story (because it was a really bad lie) and JA's later refutation of it.

How could such a person ever be taken seriously? Let alone be considered an 'expert' witness?

Wasn't it ALV who told us about Jodi's high IQ? ALV shot herself in the foot when she said that Jodi told many bad lies. If Jodi were that smart, she would only invent believable stories - good lies. ALV doesn't seem to have any knowledge about pathological liars or those who suffer from severe personality disorders. Like many others before her, ALV was duped by delightful Jodi. :moo:

Hi all. Registered today after seeing a call-out to lurkers to join. I'm very obedient. :angel:

Doubt I'll post much because I'm not a chatty cathy, but I'll at least post my opinion of this case. I caught it first on TruTV and got so obsessed with it I found an on-line stream and went in search of a forum to see what others were saying. Initially I wondered what terrible, horrific thing TA did to her to drive her to slaughter him. I was certain he had to have done something really horrific to warrant that kind of overkill. I know better now.

If I were on the jury I would vote Murder 1 and in the guilt phase I would vote for death. Not an act I could carry out myself, but I would vote that way and thank the universe there are people who can do that.

:Welcome1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members