trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just posted that and was told it was a rumor. it was a real motion, wasn't it? seriously!!

i'm thinkin' i'm losin' it here. please help me!

There was this one motion AND the issue of public harrassment is one of the issues.
Attaching (have a feeling JA wrote the first page due to absurd pretentiousness)

Attachments

Why would they need ALV back for that?

In Nurmi's request for mistrial, because of prosecutorial misconduct, part of his complaint was that the expert witnesses could not successfully testify because of problems with social media blowback. I wonder if they are calling her back to testify to that?

Jus thinking aloud..could her lies about testifying for men or other conflicting things on her cv be grounds for a perjury charge??

Of course I am not attorney and I hope the attorneys chime in, since she slightly lied on her CV on certain areas and Martinez argues really hard to disqualify her as "an expert", the judge rules in favor to disqualify as an expert, she would instruct the jury to not consider any of her testimony in deliberations.

I think that is how it might go..

JHMO

i just posted that and was told it was a rumor. it was a real motion, wasn't it? seriously!!

i'm thinkin' i'm losin' it here. please help me!

hmmm...a quick search didn't bring me any articles reporting a motion based on this... so... I don't know..?

JM asked one last question and it had to do with ALV saying JA told her she shot TA in the closet. She now is saying she misspoke. Maybe JM can prove she is lying about this. jmo

I'm sure it's to do with the motion for mistrial due to "internet bullying" of the defense witness. The judge probably wants a statement from her about how she was bullied and how it made her feeeeeeeeel and if it affected her testimony.
Bottom line, all should be fine because while she will deliver histrionics about her personal persecution, she'll never agree that it could affect her 100% accurate and truthful testimony.

It has to be more than this. This could have been handled quickly today if that was all it was. This is something serious, imo.

So they let Poquito go with like 20 minutes left? Instead of just breaking for the day??

Over maybe cold/bronchitis?

Yea- I have been thinking on this- I agree he has been ill based on what KCL has said. But he couldn't hang a bit longer with the wknd ahead? Unless he was told he was + for the flu or something, it seems "odd". :moo:

Thanks for letting us know when Juan steps up, I'm skipping all of Willmott .. can't be bothered really ...

If Ms. ALV is found to have lied on her CV, misrepresented her testimony on her previous testimony experiences and so on, would this finally be the issue that just might give Nurmi grounds for a mis-trial??? Maybe I should put this question on the legal thread.

You can't get a mistrial on the basis that your own expert may have ultimately been unhelpful to your client's case.

I am sorry to be such a pain, but can someone sum up what happened toda??/
I read some posts but I am too impatient to read them all - sounds like today
have some kick butts in it.

thanks

JM did great at proving that no matter what evidence, or any hyopthical that can occur ALV will not change her mind regarding JA. He also proved she lied to the jury about a question which was - Have you ever testified in court on behalf of men? to which she answered, yes. JM proved she never testified, but only wrote a report. JA weird, sad, evil eyes, same as Willmott, now both are freaky when jurors enter/exit.

ALV Done, Paco juror 11 excused from trial due to illness Boo hoo on that .

:great: glad to see my ongoing defense of HHJSS is warrented.
:snooty:

Wow. I was home sick again so able to watch the live feed when not on the phone. What a day!

Judge S seemed, to me, really ticked off at ALV at the very end when they were discussing the "other issue" she needs to be there for (under subpoena, which means it is very unlikely to be anything she's getting paid for).

What penalty could ALV be facing for approaching Samantha? TIA :seeya:

Stupid real life....
Missed the end of Juan...skimmed through here...
poor paquito....(juror 11)KCL said hes been pretty sick all week. Poor guy. I don't think its a DT thing--maybe its something chronic/serious.

Wonder what issue with ALV is.....maybe approaching Sam or lying on the stand. Either way, you can tell HHJSS is pizzad at her....

Am I fairly caught up?

You're good to go!

Oh man that was great and also that 90% nonverbal communication we hear tell about.

Judge says to ALV in talking about her having to return "you will have made preparations"...me thinks she means getting herself an attorney.

If that's what she said then yes I would concur that it could mean she needs to retain counsel.

Could ALV be held in contempt for speaking to Samantha while she was exiting court the other day? I wonder if ALV discussed or mentioned this case to someone outside of court. I know she held one of her speeches maybe last Sat or Sun in L.A. ?????

Wow. The "testifying for men" issue is worse than I thought. I didn't see the original question from the juror, but having just watched ALV's response and JM's objection to what she tried to say, it's really bad. JM made it clear that the question wasn't referring to written reports and the question was specifically about testifying in a criminal case. Her answer wasn't an evasion or misunderstanding, it was just a lie.

Really it's all Jodi has anymore. She can no longer derive enjoyment from torturing Travis, his family must be the next best thing for Jodi. She's a sick woman who enjoys causing pain for others. Its one of the many reasons Jodi needs to be given the DP as punishment. Jodi can still cause harm to others even if she would be behind bars for life.

Regardless of the sentence, this defendant is going to be desperately unhappy when this ends and she can't be on TV every day. I think this has been the pinnacle of her life.

Ignoring her will be the best punishment. She should be completely shunned, never spoken of or acknowledged.

There was this one motion AND the issue of public harrassment is one of the issues.
Attaching (have a feeling JA wrote the first page due to absurd pretentiousness)

Arghhh I can't enlarge it to read it:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members