trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That question can't be answered yes or no.
Juan probably said he could not see anything thus no gun or knife.
Just speculating!!

Of course, Juan could still argue she had a weapon in her waistband.... but this worries me folks.

Why does it worry you? You actually believe she was pointing a gun at him while she was taking that photo?

It's a far-fetched theory of the crime. It stretches credulity beyond its limits. That's why Juan did not care about it.

Well, court done for the day. DT and PT concur defendant wasn't holding a weapon when pic of Travis was taken.

Guess we'll hear testimony tomorrow 0930 PT.

Knife and gun? But wasn't there another on a bit later?

did the judge say there were 2 more pics taken after that one or is that info from somewhere else?

What's on tap for tomorrow, JM's rebuttal case? If so, who's his first witness?

I'm not worried folks what's the big deal?
The jury has always decided over kill not DV

What REALLY baffles me is that OF COURSE she doesn't, based on Jodi's story!!

She didn't even have the gun at that point!!!!!

If I was on the jury, I would be SO DAMN CONFUSED about this declaration of an "agreement".

I don't believe her story one iota, but no one ever said she had a gun in her hand already either. I mean, yeah WE have speculated lots and lots.

Juan didn't give up anything here. What so ever! And it just made the defense look really stupid!

Of course, Juan could still argue she had a weapon in her waistband.... but this worries me folks.

Don't let this worry you. :seeya: I'm not worried....she had 62 seconds. I believe the gun was near as I believe the knife was near. Personally she could have set the gun down beside her and threatened him. TA had fear in that picture. I personally believe he knew about a weapon in that picture.

Was this eye guy the one was talked about as the witness after ALV? No one else?

Jodi not holding a Knife or gun in her hands while taking the picture. Big deal. She could have had it in her waistband behind her back, Snapped the picture, blinded him with the flash, Dropped the camera and pulled the knife and stabbed him.

big deal.

so all that for a stipulation. what's the time on that photo and the one of the ceiling?

somewhere in between those 2, she DID get a weapon. so that was much ado about nothing.

i just want to know if alyce got in trouble. other than that, the day was a total bust.

Face pic is 5:29:20, pic of bottom sitting in shower 5:30:30 then accidental pic of ceiling is 5:31:14

I'm not getting any picture from the court feeds - are we done for the day?

Basically, IMHO, its to try and make the Jury believe that that time she was not holding a weapon so the running into the closet could have happened and getting the gun could have happened and that she shot him first and the ME is wrong.

Not that that picture he was scared because JA was holding a weapon.

IMHO and probably wrong.

K

The DT is desperate. If she didn't have a weapon on Travis in that picture, she had a weapon in her pocket and he knew it IMO.

Pitiful defense.

((((Thank you))))

I don't have time to watch whatever happened this afternoon..did I miss anything important??

Ms. Wong (In-Session Producer) was called to the stand (outside the presence of the jury) and asked if she saw jurors outside the courtroom who saw Juan signing autographs. Her answer was no.

Nurmi tried to get a mistrial due to JM's prosecutorial misconduct and for trying to act like a rockstar w/ the media.

Nurmi was denied mistrial twice (again)

Judge was pretty pizzed at Nurmi asking for mistrial but she handled it like a pro.

An expert for DT (outside of the presence of the jury) showed a blown up picture of Travis' eye of the shower picture (his face close up) and tried to show that there is an outline of someone.

During this time, JA was allowed to sit in jury box 1 row behind Travis' family :furious:

Eventually JA was moved.

Juan looked at the same picture and said it looked like a German Shepheard or a Mexican Chihuahua, he said that it was up to interpratation.

They went into the back into chambers for hours and then the judge finally called the jury to tell them in the picture, both sides have agreed that JA was not holding a knife or gun while taking the picture of Travis.

Court dismissed until tomorrow at 9:30am

o/t There was a bombing at the Boston Marathon today.

I hope this helps - you didn't really miss much.

(((((((HUGS!!!))))))

I see posts saying that it is rebuttal time, but I didn't hear the defense rest. Wouldn't the defense rest first? and wouldn't they have done that today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member