trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point in this morning testimony did Eye Guy say Travis was crying :( Can Juan use this information in closing?

The TH lady on HLN is SOOOOO wrong. "This is a huge win for the defense" STHU!

the one of him sitting is the last alive photo. she may have had a weapon then. i just don't remember how much time elapsed between the close up and the sitting photo and the ceiling shot. but at SOME point, we KNOW she got a weapon.

this didn't prove anything at all.

He is alive in this photo. Can't be last one. He would have knife wound, a bullet in his temple and blood all over him. I think this is when he first saw her, after he thought she was gone. And I believe he was terrified because she had a knife in her hand. My theory. Because I am in the camp believing stab wounds came first. Gunshot last. I believe Juan knows this too. I don't think testimony from cameras guy would have hurt a thing, but he had already testified for the state, so JM gave this one to DT.

So how hard is it to pull a knife out of one pocket and a gun out of the other?

You know what this DOES prove?

The DT reads WAY too much here and is terrified the jury is doing the same thing.

So in effect, Nurmi is AGAIN calling the entire jury liars!

This is how much it pays (or doesn't) to be an Arias juror

• Jodi Arias jurors get $12 a day during trial
  • They can be reimbursed later for lengthy trial
... Since court began on January 2, the jurors and alternates have accrued
a grand total (as of Monday, April 15, 2013) of $576. ...

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/04/15/arias-jury-makes-just-12-day-trial

:snowball::Banane59:
they do a lot of serious thinking and paying attention and all that..deserve much more..

they got their whole day wasted just to be told the picture shows she doesn't have stuff in her hands. That would make me question the picture more...cause it don't show nuttin like that. And, then, really, it doesn't matter because we also all know she killed him with a gun and knife. I trust Juan totally. If he thought this was any kind of problem he wouldn't have stipulated.

Well, Juan may be comfortable with this stipulation, but I'm not. How the hell could they tell from that picture whether she was or was not holding a weapon???

Oh for pete's sake! I've wasted months on HLN, and it has drove me crazy. I also have a 46" TV with Wifi, and I watch Youtube videos with my almost 3 year old granddaughter all the time. It never, ever crossed my mind that I could watch the trial that way. I'm going to get it going right now. Can somebody tell me the best site to watch from?

cnn & wildabouttrial have the best definition pics for big screens ime.

Sorry, going OT for a sec -

I've tried that but I can't get the audio to go through the TV it only comes through the computer speaker. Could you pm me if you know how to make the computer audio come through the TV?
Mine does that sometimes but if I replug the cord into the puter it will start to come from the TV..sometimes I have to do it twice..good luck

Jodi could have done something like scream something at Travis while she took that last picture--she probably was ooozing evil as she prepared to attack him.

Jodi is a scary woman--she seems reptilian to me & I'm sure in person, vulnerable as he sat in that shower, she terrified him as she took that last photo. She's a demon.

Did you see her "sad" face when the jury came in? It turned to glee as she whispered to JW. She then went back to "sad Jodi" and looked at the jury file out. :furious:

((((((hugs)))))) from me as well chijojo. It's very hard to lose your mother, no matter how old you are. I lost mine a week before Christmas 6 years ago, and Christmas is still a sad time for me. :hug:

So sorry to hear about your mom.
sending (((hugs))) back to you.

Well, Juan may be comfortable with this stipulation, but I'm not. How the hell could they tell from that picture whether she was or was not holding a weapon???

I am convinced that Juan Martinez knows what he is doing.

It really doesn't matter if she was holding a weapon when THAT photo was taken. The jury knows shortly thereafter she was holding a knife that she used to stab him and slit his throat. They know after that photo that she also used a gun to shoot him in the head.

No where did they stipulate that she wasn't holding a weapon when the photo was taken when he is on his butt with his head cropped out of the photo.

imo

Better the jury had to wait around today for 2 hours than the jury be subjected to another 2 WEEKS of minutiae.
moo.
come on you guys--- this is a GOOD thing!!!!!! Celebrate!

I totally agree. Juan is protecting this trial now. He cannot gamble on allowing days more of extra testimony when the jurors are dropping out at this rate.

But I don't think it matters much in the end. The jury knows she pulled out her weapons at some point. And Juan will fully prove PREMEDITATION in his rebuttal. So that one specific moment is not that significant, imo. Juan can speculate that the weapon was in her hoodie front packet or whatever.

....yah, that bothers me too....

But it was the smart move, to avoid having the jurors speculate about what they thought they could see in the obviously vague image. And not only was it smart to avoid jurors seeing whatever they could find in the photo, by stipulating that it shows she is unarmed it begs them to disagree -- and I suspect a lot of them will do precisely that. They will look at that picture and say, "there's no way i can tell whether she does or does not have a weapon by looking at that picture." So in one fell swoop, Juan nullified the utility of the evidence.

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member