trial day 48: REBUTTAL #146

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like another doctor who evaluated her. I wonder why they decided not to call her or did the expert change her mind when she learned JA had based her answers on lies?

I would bet that it is due to the fact that she was not licensed and they could use JD to confirm the results of Carp's testing anyway. Why give the DT ammunition to discredit her.

More "incidents" would also mean more to keep straight in terms of lies. She probably failed at this miserably and had to dial it down.

So because of this, I take it there will be no testimony from Dr, Carp?

What does Rebuttal mean are we gettung closer to the end of the trail.

We get closer with every minute that passes by. Rebuttal is what JM is doing now. He gets to call witnesses that can contradict:rocker: what the Defense Witnesses testified to. And its going WELL!

Awesome rebuttal, sanity being restored in the court room where TRAVIS WILL GET JUSTICE!

And Deadliest Catch tonight (Sig Hansen is MINE)

DH on a business trip for the week.

All I need is some healing for those in Beantown & my day will be awesome.

@Steely Dan - try some chamomile tea

LUCKY - I love my husband dearly but I miss the days when he went on business trips. He was never gone longer than 3 days at a time but I LOVED having the time to myself (aside from my son). Eat what I want, watch what I want, drink what I want, so nice. Only downside is going to bed alone. Enjoy your time!

When will they be back?Hubby has stomach virus I have to run and get ginger ale!

At the end of rebuttal, the defense may be allowed surrebuttal. Surrebuttal evidence is limited to responding to issues that were raised for the first time in the rebuttal case. It is not an opportunity for the defense to present their whole case again, or to open up the door to new issues.

rose222, maybe you could answer a question I have given what you have posted above. Would Juan's mention of the MMPI during Dr. Samuels testimony count as an issue already raised--i.e., his addressing of the MMPI today with Dr. DM is not a new issue for "surrebuttal" :please::please::please:

O/T Some of you know that I lost friends in a car accident in Sonoma on Saturday, my friends husband and her 16 year old nephew (whom I have known since he was born).

The kids at his high school held a candle light vigil to honor him last night and a group of Football players went over to the house yesterday to give my friend flowers. The young man that died was being raised by my friend because of addiction issues with his mother- he had a rough early life but had hit his stride the last four years or so, being raised by my friend and her husband, he was happy, loved, and had many friends.

Tragedies abound but people are innately kind and good... thank you to everyone for caring about the lives and well being of others- even people you do not know. It is what makes this world a good place~ Frigga

Great post!

BBM - That's the problem with people like JA; they don't walk in reality. They're so difficult to treat because it's always somebody else's fault. People like ALV (and oftentimes parents), who make excuses for their behavior, do them a great disservice. Like you pointed out, it irritates or enrages people like JA when somebody points out the ugly truth about them.

Great post, as well.

Juan's cross-examination strategy and techniques go over the head of many of his critics (e.g., talking heads on any number of HLN programs) too. I laugh when they criticize him for being "unprepared" (NOT) or suggest that he'd be more effective if he stood at the lecturn and read questions from a legal pad. Another pet peeve is the suggestion that he wastes time and should just move on. While anyone can get lost in the "weeds" on occasion, it's rare that he asks a question without a purpose.

JM does not seem to have a problem moving along today. Oh, forgot, he has a cooperate, articulate witness today.

O/T Some of you know that I lost friends in a car accident in Sonoma on Saturday, my friends husband and her 16 year old nephew (whom I have known since he was born).

The kids at his high school held a candle light vigil to honor him last night and a group of Football players went over to the house yesterday to give my friend flowers. The young man that died was being raised by my friend because of addiction issues with his mother- he had a rough early life but had hit his stride the last four years or so, being raised by my friend and her husband, he was happy, loved, and had many friends.

Tragedies abound but people are innately kind and good... thank you to everyone for caring about the lives and well being of others- even people you do not know. It is what makes this world a good place~ Frigga

Hugs to you and the others who lost loved ones. What a tragedy. :(

I worked for the company that was contracted to create the test booklets and the computerized exams. I don't know how to say this nicely, so I'll just be direct, you can't administer a test to a dead person.

I'm sorry. I don't know how else to say it.

I think that was the point being made.

Sorry, I'm a bit moody today. Friends of mine finished a marathon within 10 minutes of bombs going off yesterday. I just didn't sleep well last night.

The thought of the defense asking a stupid question like 'Did you test Travis', really just made me react. I should have thought it over, or first asked if the WS poster was using wit.

Trashing Travis's reputation had definitely been in the works prior to December 2011 when they officially changed her plea to self-defense/DV. In her offer to plead guilty to second degree murder in July 2011, the defendant has nerve to argue that accepting the deal would spare his family further pain and suffering. If the state proceeded with the trial, then she would have no choice but to out Travis's sexual proclivities and the abuse she suffered at his hands. Puke.

IT's interesting how the DT found Dr Samuels, an older to middle aged man, not what most would describe as "attractive" in appearance, (not a personal criticism) and he's old enough to be a parent to Jodi.
Then ALV who, again, is old enough to be Jodi's parent, and although female, she's a lesbian so she ALSO has a risk of being sexually attracted to Jodi, like Dr. Samuels.
LOVE LOVE LOVE how Juan chose Dr. DeMarte. He is SO smart. She's qualified, articulate, professional ~ and she's young and pretty. She was the PERFECT Dr. to take on Jodi - absolutely brilliant choice.

You read my mind. VERY much agreed.

Well, we all know now why Jodi was always correcting people's grammar.

Her claim to fame; and she even managed to get angry with Travis because he did not acknowledge her help in editing his blog. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member