DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love if JW would ask...

" and then you took off 2 months...what was that all about?"

Dr. D..." well I had to go collect my pullitzer prize"

haha...good luck honey.

That would've been soooooooooo sweet :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

JW trying to attack this witnesses age is ridic and so obvious. I'm sure its not lost on the jury... The comment about how she couldn't have over saw Alyce L in 1980 was just a pathetic attempt at a jab.
JD comes across as unbiased and honest. She is talking about Jodi as she reviewed the evidence, not trying to manipulate the evidence to match a story of poor Jodi... KWIM? She is referring to Jodi as what she is, a defendant in a murder case... ALV and Doc Samuels referred to her as a victim, and instead put the actions of a murdered man on trial, with no proof of anything other than a well known liars word!!!

Lets hope JW don't spend the whole morning going over the CV. Get to the facts and lets go. I love how Juan had her on not even for a whole day and got all the things out that he did. It would be a bad move on the D if they kept on for the entire day today.

Just finished catching up with the replay of yesterday's testimony. The choice of Dr. DeMarte was brilliant!!! Not only is she credentialed, bright, and articulate - she is Jodi's age! The physical resemblance to JA is uncanny, except for her beautiful blue eyes, of course. Was this a coincidence, or what? One cannot help but compare and contrast the two young women. It's mind-boggling.

JA' demeanor during Jiuan's direct exam was strange - she never looked at the witness. She kept furiously sketching away as if to deny the existence of Dr. D. No whispering and giggling with JW, no smirks -- nothing. But when it came time for cross-exam, she put the pencil down and began to stare at Dr. D as if she was analyzing her on a personal level. Was JA visualizing herself in the body of Dr. D? Was she lamenting the fact that one of her 'peers' was exposing her for the manipulating fraud that she is? What was going through her mind? Another murder? If nothing else, JA is a fascinating study in psychopathy!

Despite being 32 yo, DD projected maturity and command of the applicable facts in her field. ALV and Samuels, both 65+ yrs. old, are two generations away from the sexual mores, social media, IT technology, etc. of today. Both relied on personal, subjective input provided by Jodi, ALV even ignoring what Jodi herself wrote in her journals in favor of ALV derived "context". I love the contrast, and think DD was a brilliant choice by JM.

I agree

I so totally agree! Apparently ALV never saw the movie "The Breakup"! But I'm sure she'd Dx Jennifer Aniston as an abuse victim.

Or keeps up with how things change. You'd think an expert like her would try to know as much as she can about the behaviour of women. It's pretty common to wax off or shave the pubic hair in that area nowadays.

me thinks JA has already moved on to her dreams of a new trial.
She now has all the details to fit her stories to PTSD due to expert testimony by Demarte that even JA finds credible.
I don't think JA was note taking though. If you watch closely, she is transcribing from her court journal (double-spaced, lol & pun intended) onto single sheets of paper.
Perhaps for the sake selling her penciled story to the highest bidder or whatever. But definitely transcribing and not note taking.
IMO

I don't JM has ever stammered and stumbled in cross and just looked at the judge with a blank stare which resulted in a recess.

I could be wrong though.

I did notice yesterday Juan fumbled a little. No big deal, it was just not typical and I had not seen him DO THIS before. He didn't retain the words dr d was reciting as she listed criteria, he lost his place a time or two, and said he didn't hear her response a few times.

Again, no criticism, it was just atypical for JM. Wonder if he has an ear infection or something. It was awesome though, that he and dr d were a team, and when he stumbled, she did the recovery almost automatically for him.

JW trying to attack this witnesses age is ridic and so obvious. I'm sure its not lost on the jury... The comment about how she couldn't have over saw Alyce L in 1980 was just a pathetic attempt at a jab.
JD comes across as unbiased and honest. She is talking about Jodi as she reviewed the evidence, not trying to manipulate the evidence to match a story of poor Jodi... KWIM? She is referring to Jodi as what she is, a defendant in a murder case... ALV and Doc Samuels referred to her as a victim, and instead put the actions of a murdered man on trial, with no proof of anything other than a well known liars word!!!

Lets hope JW don't spend the whole morning going over the CV. Get to the facts and lets go. I love how Juan had her on not even for a whole day and got all the things out that he did. It would be a bad move on the D if they kept on for the entire day today.

I totally agree. I think JW and Nurmi needs to act like their client and just pretend yesterday never happened and move on. :floorlaugh:

The only problem I'm having with DD is that she's not "quick on a comeback".
When Willmott was asking about her CV, she should have said a CV isn't a book. You don't put every single speech, class, case you've worked on....as some "other" witnesses did.
I've always followed the rule that a CV should be no longer than 2 pages, 3 tops.
It's a "brief" synopsis of your accomplishments, and in this case, tests/tools she's utilized in her experience so far. Just IMO.
I agreed with DD when she said she really didn't "use it" that much.
In my experience, most potential employers want to speak to you, as opposed to read your life history. In an interview you expound upon the brief highlights that are in the CV.
DD could have explained that point when Willmott was alluding to the fact that DD didn't feel these "other" courses, etc. she had taken weren't important enough to put in her CV. Also, when you get to a certain level and expertise, often "word of mouth" takes the place of a CV. DD probably had to make up one specifically for this purpose.
As far as the "compassion" part, I would have snuck in that she did NOT feel compassion for their client....so it was REALLY an unbiased assessment. Oh, and no books, cards, tender moments or APOLOGIES!!!

ETA: That's all "shoulda coulda woulda" now....IMO, the point has been made by JM. I'm probably not used to a straight yes or no answer. I'm thinking the other rebuttal points will bring it home for the prosecution....if it could get anymore "home".

Or keeps up with how things change. You'd think an expert like her would try to know as much as she can about the behaviour of women. It's pretty common to wax off or shave the public hair in that area nowadays.

:floorlaugh:

That only describes Jodi

Yes work is getting in our way!!!!!!!:furious:

Do any of you recall several days ago, during one of the multitude of side-bars that the Def was asking to "approach" when JM was giving ALV her cross.

Several here had noted that ALV turned to the Jurors and she seemed to have mouthed the word "Jerk"...referring to JM of course. I don't know if that's been confirmed, and if it was loud enough for a, or several Jurors to hear

I also wondered of these personality disorders would give the jury a reason NOT to give her death. Almost like an excuse. Not that I believe personality disorders in any way should excuse the offense of murder....but it did cross my mind.

Thoughts everyone?

While she may have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder she still knew right from wrong. JA went to great lengths to plan, execute, and cover up Travis' murder.
JA also took no interest in helping herself as we witnessed with her testimony on the stand and her answers to the juror's questions about any diagnosis.

In Jodi's world, "I'm okay, it's YOU that has the problem".

JA' demeanor during Jiuan's direct exam was strange - she never looked at the witness. She kept furiously sketching away as if to deny the existence of Dr. D. No whispering and giggling with JW, no smirks -- nothing. But when it came time for cross-exam, she put the pencil down and began to stare at Dr. D as if she was analyzing her on a personal level. Was JA visualizing herself in the body of Dr. D? Was she lamenting the fact that one of her 'peers' was exposing her for the manipulating fraud that she is? What was going through her mind? Another murder? If nothing else, JA is a fascinating study in psychopathy!

I am sure JA is intensely jealous of DD. She is more attractive, more intelligent and more successful than her. She wasn't manipulated by her and sees her for what she is.

I wish we had got to hear all seven of the personality issues from the psych eval or got them on the screen like we did with Doc S's results. Bet those results are a fascinating read.

Posed this question yesterday and got a response that if the DT gets to have expert testimony and witness who does a psychological exam/testing then the Prosecution has the same opportunity.

Thanks, that makes sense. I'm kinda surprised Jodi seemingly cooperated.
Seems like she might have tried to sabotage the tests and purposely obstructed the clinical interview so the states info would be useless.
But she probably enjoyed being out of her cell and the center of attention for 12 hours (even if DD didn't give her any special presents)

Does anyone know anything about the 'jerk' comment. I heard Alyce said it under her breath to jury and then Juan used that word yesterday....i missed all of the 'jerk' chatter, so could someone please fill me in. Thank you

As others have said, it was suggested ALV may have used the word jerk under her breath toward JM. It wasn't audible but lipreaders seems convinced. I also heard that the court microphones are extremely sensitive (to help Mike and co as they transcribe) so this word may well be 'on the record'. I can think of no other reason why JM would raise the subject with DrJD

Here is where JM brings it up (cued to 21:44):
http://youtu.be/af4izJggg2Y?t=21m44s

After an almost seven minute sidebar JM resumes on the same subject here (cued to 28:20):
http://youtu.be/af4izJggg2Y?t=28m20s

urgh i have to go out and pick up DS from nursery,how dare my life get in the way :eek: its pouring with rain which doesn't make it any better and my house is now surrounded by a moat.

we need a moat around the judge to make willmott stop approaching :floorlaugh:

DeMarte obviously knew JW would jump all over her lack of experience....what else does she have really. This Dr seems to be more then qualified. She did seem to be glaring (a little bit) at Wilmott.

What is funny to me is that I don't see Dr. DeMarte as having lack of experience at all. Just because she got her doctrine in 2009, she began research back in 2004, almost 10 years ago.

Wilmott is a joke. I just watched the end of yesterday this morning as I was getting ready for work. DeMarte might have had slight 'tude but I don't blame her. They are so desperate and attacking her credentials and experience is going nowhere for them. The defense team is on Jodi's level of immaturity. It was amusing to watch.

Do any of you recall several days ago, during one of the multitude of side-bars that the Def was asking to "approach" when JM was giving ALV her cross.

Several here had noted that ALV turned to the Jurors and she seemed to have mouthed the word "Jerk"...referring to JM of course. I don't know if that's been confirmed, and if it was loud enough for a, or several Jurors to hear

Do you think this is what the meeting in the judge's office with ALV was about? on Friday the judge told her to make preperations. Has anyone figured out what that was about??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatariMama