trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought yesterday was the best day yet!

Props to Britskate for nailing the DX!

I was surprised to hear Dr Drew's panel ( I watch this show now... please see addicted to this trial thread) saying that Dr D seemed rattled at the end of the day? Which BTW was delayed by almost 3 GD hours! Way to go HLN. You Won't MISS A THING!! Yeah I'm an expert on EasyCath Catheters and the Sundowner Ugly-azzed shade screen... but I have to put up with Nancy Grace glaring at me ...with her finger in hear earhole talking OVER testimony ... and Jodi's uh duh duh uh errrr BFF bliddity blaaaahing for 20 minutes to cough up one sentence... Jodi was always so happy and smiling. I love that Nancy claimed BFF was In hiding.... on TV ...with a picture of her on the screen So much ding dang genius goin' on here...:facepalm:

The cholla pics were great.

This is the first post i have seen that brings up the BFF on NG last night. NG asked her what misconception the public might have about JA. I was so surprised her answer was she didn't sleep around. WHAT, not that she is not a PHYSCO premeditaed Killer???

You're absolutely correct.

For those who want to see, start at 39:20 at the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHPW7ks8VnE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUnN4ZxVAFoGrg-EhoRxhtTA

Thanks so much for finding it. I was lokking and looking. I did come up with one short clip that I'm going to putin my Keeper pile...this on:

Jodi Arias Trial - TIME OUT FOR ALYCE

[video=youtube;asj-6JTsVes]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asj-6JTsVes[/video]

Published on Apr 13, 2013
Alyce LaViolette gets a taste of her own medicine (THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER)
Juan Martinez tries to ask the defiant "expert" witness a VERY important question

Yep. At my old job, people up and down the hall said they could tell when a salesman got through to me on the phone ...... all they heard was WHAM when the phone got slammed down. :floorlaugh:

I miss Bakelite phones, they were indestructible. :blushing:

I agree. And I would like to hear from JM on re-direct: "Should a psychological evaluator be aware of and follow standard protocols immediately upon entering practice, or does it take 10, 20 or 35 or more years to learn and adhere to those standards?"

I am entirely sure what you are asking. However, if one is a Psych major in under graduate one learns testing and assessment (including protocols) right from the get go. In graduate school you learn more in depth while you practice under Licensed Psychologist giving them. Then you PhD you give them and begin to learn how to score them under Licensed Psychologist supervision.

Vinnie on HLN last night said there are 52 gas stations between where she left and TA's house..

Yeah, no gas.. Such a danger...

Does anyone else find it interesting that the behaviors ALV attributed to common teenage behaviors and disregarded because they happened only (in her knowledge) when JA was a teen are the same behaviors that this Dr is using along with the same behaviors JA has shown through out adulthood to be immature and teenagerish. I couldn't help but see how badly ALV failed to recognize continueing behavior

Love this observation.:great:

BBM

I hope you get an opportunity to watch her testimony. I think you will change your mind...

The difference in the intellectual level and objective evaluations (thoroughly explained) between this witness and the defense "experts" was profound.

Obviously her age has nothing to do with her competence and knowledge or ability to psychologically evaluate this defendant.

It was so on point I found myself saying "of course! That describes Jodi perfectly."

night and day difference from Alyce or Dr. Samuels
Have to say that I dislike ageism in any flavor. While ALV seemed to be out of touch with technology, brazilian waxes, and the sexual behavior/practices common among some young (and not so young) people, I see this as a choice and not necessarily a factor of her age given what she does for a living. For all we know, some of what we saw from her on the stand was her playing a role, which worked under direct, but fell apart in a major way when challenged by JM. She destroyed her credibility when she was unwilling to answer the questions he asked, or to concede the most basic, common sense points and she looked like a fool and the bought and sold expert that she was. I see this more as a personal failing/shortcoming of Alyce's rather than a factor of her age. I've had the good fortune to work with many older professionals who keep up with the world around them (technology, culture, etc.) and with the ever-changing landscapes in their respective fields. You can find competent, professional, ethical, savvy, up-to-date people or the polar opposite in any age group. Unfortunately what we saw from the defense were two 60+ experts performing badly and giving mature professionals a bad name.

Just pointing out that 32 years old IS very, very young for a testifying "expert." Most experts are at least in their 40's and usually in their 50's and older. The idea being that one is not an expert until they've had quite a bit of practical experience and become established in their field. I didn't watch the testimony yesterday, so this isn't a commentary on how this witness did, at all. Just sayin'...I'm seeing posters get onto the defense for pointing out her age and lack of practical experience, but that IS what makes one an expert -- among other things. Any defense in any case would do this and it would be justified since experience is something the jury should definitely consider in evaluating an expert's testimony. Imo, particularly in a highly interactive and subjective field such as psych. All jmo.

is this post trying to convince or convey ?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Answers anyone?

She was DONE testifying. She had a closed hearing with the judge on Monday. We don't know the subject of that hearing.

She's GONE. We have a new witness. Why would she still be around?

I thought it was her mouth moving, too. She has this thing where it looked like she made movements of her lips around her 2 front teeth because they stuck out from the rest of her teeth. She did it a lot.

I'm sorry but this made me :floorlaugh:.

:giggle: I'm mature.

I loved the whole "who's on first" encounter about the "Doctor" title. JW just could not understand that if you have your PhD you are a Doctor. Not a doctor, doctor as in psychologist doctor, you get to be THAT kind of doctor after taking your licensing exam...lol.

So I guess techinically DD is a Doctor, Doctor.

The university awards her a doctorate of philosphy in clinical psychology when she completes her coursework. She becomes licesned to practice as a clinical pshcholgist independtly after she passes her state exams. This is the same as JW. She was awarded a juris doctorate after she completed law school. But she was not licesned to practice law until she passed the bar. Why was this so hard for JW to understand??

She was DONE testifying. She had a closed hearing with the judge on Monday. We don't know the subject of that hearing.

She's GONE. We have a new witness. Why would she still be around?
Was ALV charged with anything? Testimony disregarded? Following up.

I have wondered the same thing about the third gas can. She could just explain that away like she did the other two...that she was just trying to make sure she didn't run out of gas while on her long trip.

There were gas stations all along her route, her first reasoning for having them was to buy cheaper gas outside of Calif., when the receipts proved that she bought the gas for the cans in Calif. that excuse went out the window, so then it became so she didn't run out of gas, which makes no sense since there were plenty of gas stations along the way.

The purpose of the third gas can was to get all the way out of AZ before needing more gas.

This is my first post here and I wanted to share the Valentine email from Jodi that was shown in court today. Sorry if this is the wrong place. https://twitter.com/starknightz/status/324325054949257220/photo/1

Can this go into the media/timeline thread?

I transcribed the text for people on mobile devices who won't be able to read the small text.

---
bit of loss for words. And perhaps a little bit intimidated, not necessarily because of how angry you were, but because I wasn't sure how you would react to me trying to comfort you. I compare it to my own experiences, and I know that sometimes, I don't want to hear it, I just want to yell and scream and vent (yes, I do on very rare occasions), and go through the motions until the situation plays itself out. Other times, I need comforting and to be told that everything is ok. I wasn't sure exactly what you were needing, so I just listened, and as the conversation evolved, my heart filled with compassion [] you.

However, you already know the Secret. I don't need to remind you. But you are so powerful, and you can turn this situation around at anytime. I found out, much to my regret, that my anger is very destructive. I've never beaten up anybody over it, but I've kicked holes in walls, kicked down doors, smashed windows, broken things. It hurts people [redacted?] and it hurts me. It lowers my vibration and attracts unwanted lower-vibrational situations and people into my life. So I strive every day to "be the bigger person" and be a living example and Choose the Right and see everything through a filter of love. But it doesn't always work that way! I mess up. Sometimes I forget who I am. But I will never stop striving to be Christ-like as much as I possibly can.

This morning, I woke up feeling awful. I called Darryl (only because I had to give him the phone number to our mortgage lender) and he said, "hey, I was just going to call you. Any change in your situation?" An that's all he had to say. I lost it
---

Attachments

• BIA760zCcAAbcWQ.jpg-large.jpeg
    BIA760zCcAAbcWQ.jpg-large.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 18
I don't know about you, but I can never hear too much about transvaginal mesh implants.
:floorlaugh:

This is the first post i have seen that brings up the BFF on NG last night. NG asked her what misconception the public might have about JA. I was so surprised her answer was she didn't sleep around. WHAT, not that she is not a PHYSCO premeditaed Killer???

BFF just a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Reallly far behind, so I apologize if this has been asked and answered in previous threads.

If she admits to being in Mesa,Az & openly admits to the killing, why not admit to the third gas can? Its like, in one breath she is saying I never went to Mesa because you cant prove I had three gas cans, yet in another she is saying she was the one who was at his house and murdered him?

I just don't get the logic, or the need to lie about something so trivial (I know, it's Jodi). She openly admits she was in Arizona and that she murdered him....

:abnormal:

Because it proves premeditation, something that will definitely get her a 1st degree murder conviction, that is why she won't admit it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState