trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Drew just saw and commented upon the brilliant manuever of this witness when she discussed pedophilia. JW got the rug pulled out from under her on that one. LOL WELL DONE, Young Doctor. :thankyou:

My very favorite moment of the day!!!! I thought JW was going to keel over backwards. Lol.

It this an "all brunettes look alike" sort of thing because I sure don't see any resemblance beyond skin and hair color.

Jodi has mestizo facial features, in particular her eyes, whereas Janine just looks like an Anglo-Saxon. Her face is long (Anglo/Nordic feature) and more fleshy than Jodi's small, squarish face. Jodi is looking like a female skeletor now.

Definitely not the way JA appears now. And not an "all brunettes look alike thing"....

The Dr. has similar features to JA back when JA had some smoothness to her face. They both have smaller, wide spaced eyes, slightly downturned mouths at the corners, nose shape is similar.....etc.

Google "Janeen DeMarte looks like Jodi Arias" , click Images, and see quite a few comparisons. It's not just me. :twocents:

It would be nice if she feigned even a little interest in where she'll be spending the rest of her life ... or if she'll have a life to even consider.

Why? JA knows exactly where she'll be spending the rest of her life. It's no mystery to her or anyone else. Her showing, pretending, or having "interest" in any witness is not a requirement. That the public thinks it should be a requirement for her to do anything but sit there (quietly) is misplaced energy.

Remember Elizabeth Smart? Well in the trial for her crazy abductor (Brian Mitchell), he made a scene most days in court, sang hymns out loud, interrupted proceedings, and they had to put him in a separate room with a TV feed of the trial because they couldn't get him to be quiet in the courtroom.

I'd rather the trial proceed smoothly, which it is, and could care less what JA does or where she looks or if she's interested or not interested as long as she sits there quietly, doesn't disrupt the proceedings, and Juan and company can do their job.

Just watching Pt. 4 now.... Loving this witness! Noo battered woman syndrome!

I wonder if she was raised in the Michigan area. She has very French-like and Cherokee features. :)
I wondered if she was Native American myself. She is an inspiring role model for young women most certainly.

Oh no, that's not what I meant. Antisocial was meant to replace psychopathy - and will be blended in the new DSM but it can't be confused with borderline. That's another Cluster B entirely.

I personally believe someone can be psychopathic and borderline, or psychopathic and avoidant, or psychopathic and narcissistic...or loads of other combinations. She was dx'd by this psych as borderline. My personal opinion is she's likely more than 'just' borderline though. No clinician or therapeutic psychologist would diagnose her as a psychopath. Not yet anyway.

She is not, and never has been, psychotic. Ever. It's often confused with psychopathic but psychosis alludes to a total mental break with reality altogether.

Thank you. These terms are way over my head and probably most jurors too. There should be a very simple way to say she is evil, feels no remorse or has no conscience. I thought that described a psychopath.

It this an "all brunettes look alike" sort of thing because I sure don't see any resemblance beyond skin and hair color.

Jodi has mestizo facial features, in particular her eyes, whereas Janine just looks like an Anglo-Saxon. Her face is long (Anglo/Nordic feature) and more fleshy than Jodi's small, squarish face. Jodi is looking like a female skeletor now.

Jodi's face looks like someone stuck a toilet plunger on her face and gave it a hard pull. It baffles me how anyone can think Jodi is pretty.

I guess we're old ..this thread moves too fast for us to get
replies...back to lurkdom for me....

I'm not that old but I feel hardened and bitter by this trial, even witnessing it from afar like I have... Seeing what Travis went through and what his amazing family goes through every day--I feel turned completely inside out by what the cold murderer has done for the past five years and continues to do, what her attorneys are allowed to do, what her "experts" are given the liberty to do. And to hear so many stories from WS'ers here who have been through our own tragedies and travesties, learning this is the norm for our court system, our so called "justice" system... I've felt deflated and wrecked by how cruel this process is.

Too bad I can't induce a fog on cue to alleviate the heaviness of this. Well... I guess in Colorado it's possible...

She only has one way to cross. She's done it with every witness. She's too methodical. It's not effective because she loses everyone early on. I don't think she's going to get anywhere trying to take JD down. I don't think it can be done, and even if it could, JW isn't going to be the one to accomplish it.

She goes through the CV line by line, month by month, trying to find if there is a problem. Meanwhile she highlights the positives all of that time.

Juan just goes right to the problem, because he does his investigative homework first, and comes prepared to blow a hole in their weakness. He does not just go on long fishing expeditions like Wilmot is doing.

Boy, was I wrong about Dr. Drew loving Dr. D. They were talking about how great JW was doing and how young Dr. D is. Blah, blah, blah. I turned it over to "Chopped".

As I was cooking dinner and listening to Dr. Drew, I remembered the post I read today about Dr. Drew and how he was going to be thrilled, over the top...that must have been yours. I was thinking of you when I heard how underwhelmed he is tonite....He certainly has taken it down a few notches or a hundred...
I thought much like you did. I thought he'd be screaming about the BPD! and how he was right all along....
Strange how subdued he is tonight....Not what I expected at all.

What an exciting day today!! I thought JM and Dr. D were excellent!

I saw something earlier (the pages go SO fast!!) about the brazilian wax and how the DT tried to make it seem like that was an indicator of pedophilia.

We were talking about this very subject at a family get together over the weekend (Yes, it probably sounds weird, but we are all very open!) and my nephew who is 21 was saying that almost all the girls he knows and his friends know get them, even back when they were in high school, so it doesn't have a thing to do with pedophilia!

Just thought I would share that, sorry if it was TMI!

I thought the age similarity really illustrated the fact that Dr. D said Jodi was immature, had immature reactions, etc. & we can look at the stark difference between the two women. One is a success, one used her intelligence to do something with her life--and the other flushed her's and Travis' lives down the toilet.

It can't be lost on Jodi.

That is exactly my impression also. If there is even one juror who may feel some sympathy for JA because she is young, they can now look at this doctor, see what she has accomplished, and contrast that with JA.

MOO

Love it! No indication of battered woman's syndrome! :great:

I also thought Dr D came across as very nervous and very thirsty. However, that did not take away from her professional attitude and ability to answer the questions right.

Curious, interesting take on Dr. DM presentation thanks for sharing your thoughts. I actually perceived her as being respectful of a court of law, but I really didn't see indicators of nervousness at all.

Why? JA knows exactly where she'll be spending the rest of her life. It's no mystery to her or anyone else. Her showing, pretending, or having "interest" in any witness is not a requirement. That the public thinks it should be a requirement for her to do anything but sit there (quietly) is misplaced energy.

Remember Elizabeth Smart? Well in the trial for her crazy abductor (Brian Mitchell), he made a scene most days in court, sang hymns out loud, interrupted proceedings, and they had to put him in a separate room with a TV feed of the trial because they couldn't get him to be quiet in the courtroom.

I'd rather the trial proceed smoothly, which it is, and could care less what JA does or where she looks or if she's interested or not interested as long as she sits there quietly, doesn't disrupt the proceedings, and Juan and company can do their job.

BBM: I'm going to be intently watching JA's response when the verdict is announced. Anything could happen. What would be *sweet* is if she confirmed the Death Penalty verdict (that will surely come) with a total outburst and rage so furocious it scares the bejeebers out of everyone. That would be soooo "debasing".......:floorlaugh:

We'll see how Dr. D holds up for the rest of JW's cross but I think she's doing great - she is so self-disciplined, her speech is so precise and her logic may even be superior to JW, it's going to be difficult for the defense to impeach her credibility....unless she becomes rattled and frazzled. The Dr is very dignified unlike JW.

So the new language is borderline personality disorder? Sounds like nothing. I like psycho better. Why not just come out and say she is psychotic and slaughtered the man, in her professional opinion? These terms seems to change so often, no wonder jurors find it confusing,

My mother's got BPD, and it's NOT nothing. It's very real and very debilitating for those who suffer the disorder, as well as those close to them. It's horrific, and I take great offense to your comment. People should really educate themselves about mental illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18