Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"That's not an appropriate use to the test"
"Oh, let's look at them anyway"

What the heck is going on here? An expert witness says that what the defense is doing is not the right way to interpret her findings, and she does whatever she wants anyway? With such a flippant tone?
So what, she's interpreting the scales herself now to make her client look good?
What JW is doing there is so unprofessional, there are no words for it. Even I as a layperson know that if an expert says "this is not how you do it", then that's not how you do it.

This is not an example of a lack of professionalism guys. It's just grasping. She's trying hard to reinterpret the test results and to try to cast doubt. It's not going to work but she is doing her job. Professionally.

Nevertheless, her snippy little tone annoys me and watching her try to take things out of context is laughable. It's like when you hear some defense attorney try to spin with outrageous statements before trial, that are clearly silly. It seems ridiculous to me but it's what they do when they have nothing and it is not unprofessional.

Redirect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anti-social is below average . .

low self esteem . . .broken down into 2 . . highlighted earlier with the Harris lingos?

low self doubt - self concept . . .identity 68 T score

submissiveness = 60 t score

ANG means anger . . . (I hear bells)

anger is average below clinical significant . . . lets look @ anger subscales - that would be inappropriate use of the MMPI - that is not interpretable.

irritability . . ..
on anger scale she scored average

supplementary scales . . .A = anxiety . . elevated . . .R - repression or block unpleasant thoughts - still below clinical thresh hold but above normal . . . ES = ego strength - far below normal . . . below average.

DO = dominience . . .also very low - below clinical thresh hold - below average below 50

PK - Ptsd is elevated to 77 - above the clinical thresh hold

OH - alcohol scale . . . over controlled hostility
I need to have the manual to have exact terms - not typical to interpret under the thresh hold....

I would like to be specific . . I do have a manual

look @ it and tell us what OH means . . .

Overcontrolled Hostility . . . below average

pattern of anxiety,
we have seen low ego strength and low self concept . . . means identity disturbance

self doubt and submissiveness . . . only self doubt is elevated
so is submissiveness . .
interpreting wrong
above average . .
but not about

self doubt means poor sense of self - identity disturbance
depression and anxiety . .

low scales in dominance . . . associated with batered women . . . anxiety depression . . . see on battered women and on JA scales

aggr is -

3 scales I interpret clinical, validity, and ?

I believe it means aggression . . .t-scale is 38 is below normal and below clinical scale

scales on MMPI look @ high level anxiety, high levels depression, low self esteem - symptomatic of PTSD . . you can see this in PTSD . .. you can

tend to see these things in PTSD - anxiety yes but not always depression or

JA - overcontrolled hostility low on the scale -
you are misinterpreting it but yes

the ones I don't interpret . .. you don't use these
empirically validated most psychologists don't use those scales

saw that dominance and low hostility and low aggression all charcteristics of battered women
not necessarily

in trauma victims - having low aggression - in some and not in others
these charcteristics

low aggression in people with PTSD . . . no charcteristics in the

MMPI is is specific to general personality and psychopathology but not specific to PTSD

low dominance means passiveness?
I would have to look @ how MMPI looks

you are making assumption the name of the scale means that is what it is measuring

research doesn't support low
low hostility, aggression, low in dominance means nothing to you you did not interpret
I did not interpret

nothing further

willmott just got schooled

you will never be a psychologist

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Bingo, Doctor! MMPI isn't for PTSD, and explains what it is for.

And JW blows right by it... it doesn't fit her client so lalalalala can't hear you!

Oh thank heaven, redirect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members