trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for asking that - I've been wondering that for a long time...
:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Wasn't her whole story that she wanted the gas cans full as she travelled through the desert?

It stands to reason that if she needed full gas cans as she left to go on her trip through the desert, that she would need full gas cans as she left to travel home through the desert. I think it was just another part of her cover story.

She went to such minute details in her planning, it really doesn't surprise me.

Just MHOO, of course. :)

I took a Psychology class way back in college (1970). If I remember correctly the term is Projection.

:floorlaugh: gotta love our Uni psych. courses...they really are one of the most applicable forms of knowledge....
p.s. my cat has numerous diagnoses...:floorlaugh:

O/t mike on hln says kn name to my allery swollen ears sounds like Burt & Ernie. Lol
closed captioning enabled today.

oh, wow! I was just going to post that, evertime Mike says his name, that's what I hear as well..And I LOVE B and E !

:facepalm: Sorry for my previous exuberance, Mods and peeps!

:juanettes: Juanettes please note: group practice has been postponed until further notice. :giggle:

OMG..
Husband fell thru an attic floor and landed on his face. On my way to er in Chlt..ugh..bad memories..please pray for Dale, Jean too..

...and on a trial day!!! lol

Now that's a sign of addiction.......posting before running out of the house for an emergency. Good Luck!!!

Thank you for asking that - I've been wondering that for a long time...
:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Hopefully JM clears this up because people are either confused or giving their understanding so this is concerning.

1. She lied about having 3 gas cans and filling them up 3 times. So proves once again she is not credible.
2. The point of having the gas cans in the beginning is so she can go undetected throughout Arizona
3. TA is not found until June 9th it is June 6th; could she have gone back?
4. It is 4 in the morning, Ryan Burns said she left at around 1, to go back to Cali, guess they 'kissed' a little longer

Threats against Wilmott.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-against-defense-attorney.html?nclick_check=1

If the link doesn't work, go to azcentral.com. It is on the front page. For some reason the link tells me to enable cookies so it isn't working for me.

Death threats or threats of any kind against the DT or its witnesses are not good.

Public defenders are a necessary part of our judicial system. JW has a job to do, and that is to defend JA to the best of her ability. While we may not agree with the way that JA has directed her case, as long as there is no breach of ethics, JW must oblige.

Some persons charged with crimes are indeed innocent. It would seem that these are the cases that motivate public defenders to do what they do; provide those charged with the best defense possible to ensure that justice is served.

Let's make sure all of us conduct ourselves appropriately here.

I don't know a lot about the SLC fill-up, but is it possible that she did this because she was considering revisiting the crime scene to make sure that her clean-up was adequate? Two days after the murder, and no one had found Travis' body yet: maybe she was having excruciating "what-ifs" and came very close to driving back to Mesa to double check her clean-up, to make sure that she hadn't left anything behind.

Somebody said this timeline isn't right, but this is what I have to go on. I added the miles and driving times to this scenario. Can somebody tell me where the extra stop for gas was made, an how much gas was purchased? I'm trying to figure out where the lost hours of her trip come into play.

June 6, 2008:

Salt Lake City, Utah (to Winnemucca NV is 353.8 miles a 5 hours and 7 min drive)

Arias makes two gas purchases at Tesoro between 3:57 a.m. and 4:05 a.m. The first one was for $41.18. The second one was 8 minutes later for an additional $36.98.

Winnemucca, Nevada (to Sparks NV is 162.9 miles and 2 hours and 19 mins drive)

Arias spends $49.91 on gas at a Flying J Travel Plaza. She also spends $4.90 on other items. There is no time stamp on the receipts for these purchases.

Sparks, Nevada (to Redding CA is 198.4 miles and 3 hours and 28 mins drive)

At 10:34 a.m., Arias buys gas at a 7-Eleven. It is not clear how much gas she bought. She also makes two purchases at an In-N-Out Burger at 10:38 and 10:43 a.m.

June 7, 2008:

Redding, California

At 12:20 p.m., Arias buys gas at a Valero.

At 1:08 p.m., Arias returns her rental car. She originally planned to return the car on Friday, June 6 at 8 a.m. Some time during the week, she apparently extended her rental until 9:30 a.m. Saturday, June 7. The rental agent testified that the car appeared to have "Kool-Aid" stains on the passenger seat and back seat and all the floor mats were gone.

In all, Arias traveled 2,834 miles.

I think the reason she took the rental is because her car could not make it to AZ and back out without more than 3 gas cans. She chose a smaller car better gas mileage to get her in and out without stopping. Jodi had this all figured out and now that we know she has a 119 IQ it makes sense she would do that calculation had she planned to go through AZ undetected. jmo

IIRC her testimony was her car needed repairs and wouldn't make the trip...again why not stay home and put money towards fixing transportation is beyond....??????:banghead:

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilcat View Post
....this is strange...I mean the "real Bozo" happens to be my ex...and I might have muttered death threats under my breath...but I don't think anyone actually heard me?....

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I wonder if your ex is acquainted with my ex, whose name is BoneHead. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

They could both be long lost brothers of my ex.. whose name is Dipp***** !!

It annoys me that people think that she bought hair dye at walmart (if you are watching HLN)

The purchases Jodi made that are on the Walmart receipt are
Gas Can
2 Sunscreen
and
2 Acne Wipes. NOT HAIR DYE!!!

Quoting myself here but thought I'd offer a picture of what was purchased..,

300.jpg

It annoys me that people think that she bought hair dye at walmart (if you are watching HLN)

The purchases Jodi made that are on the Walmart receipt are
Gas Can
2 Sunscreen
and
2 Acne Wipes. NOT HAIR DYE!!!

What annoys me more is when they honestly believe they're fearful the prosecution didn't look! Lol

Not quite..........JA is known as quite the little "Jail House Lawyer" and was trying to represent herself there for a while. Go to the Courthouse site and see all the random requests made by the DT, ie JA in the last almost 5 years. JA, as the defendant, is the one dragging this on. This should have been done and over within 2 years after her arrest. She also changed her story, not once, but 3 times, forged letters she wanted to put into evidence that had to be analyzed by handwriting experts, and what about all the time it took for her "experts" to evaluate her?

The judge is NOT weak. She is making sure nothing gets by her that causes a mistrial or an appeal. This is not her only case, nor the only case going on in Maricopa county.

The only person there causing grief for the Alexander's, dragging on the proceedings, vilifying TA, pulling the string on requests and motions, taking the stand for to give her entire life history, is JA.

Any anger or frustration should be pointed in the direction of the murderer, NOT the court. JMO.

I am pointing my fingers at the court and the court system because that's where the majority of time delays occur. JA does not determine the hours of the court, the caseload of the judge, the time the judge hears motions, how long the lunch break is, how long bathroom breaks are, the fact there is a 90 minute lunch break when a 60 min break would be fine, and the fact that court is held at most 4 days a week. None of that is in JA's control. Yet that's a significant factor in this case taking so long to litigate.

I've personally seen cases (in other states) where the judge does not compromise the jurors time and they hold their motions and other hearings after court is done for the day. This judge spends as much or more time with sidebars as there is for testimony. That is within her control. She does not have to hold sidebars for every objection. All those breaks and sidebars add up. When your most 'robust' trial day of testimony can only be 4.5 hrs at most (and not counting bathroom breaks), you're already behind and dragging things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member