trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC News report 2-19-13 re Jodi's testimony:

"She also denied a series of allegations made by the prosecution that she dyed her hair, rented an inconspicuous car, borrowed gas cans, turned off her cell phone, and switched money around her bank accounts as she left for Alexander's house because she was planning to murder him when she got there. Arias said that her hair remained the same color, auburn-brown, throughout May and June..."

jodi is too vain to play the crazy card all the way like she should have...she has played so many games, diminishing any evidence that might make her look weaker...dialing down her own lies in an attepmt to try to make it not only more beleivable but to lessen the appearence of weakness or foolishness of any kind on her part...

so she was abused, but not that abused...she was hit in the neck...pushed into a piano...blocking a kick...never more..never out of control..

she was in his window...but not to look in.

she kicked that dog...and he chose to run away.

her continual babbling about the goodness of Travis..

all of this is jodi's design...it is a veil, it is her version....it's not delusional in anyway...jodi is completely organized...now it's a pregnancy, woopsie...miscarriage...

ugh, I bet the jury can't wait.

Does the jury start deliberating immediately on Friday or do they start on Monday? Will they go through the weekend? If so, what happens if they reach a decision on the weekend?

Anyone know?

they will not deliberate over the weekend because no security works over the weekend at the courthouse in arizona. per hln.

Would HIPPA laws make that impossible?

HIPPA wouldn't stop the release of her info if SHE allowed it. And you can bet if there was anything in her records she'd release it. There is no way she was pregnant. They've accused poor Travis of everything but sex with the dog. They've totally trashed his life and lied about his death. But I'm confident it's all going to come back and bite her in the fanny in closing arguments.

Morning Everyone! :seeya:

I agree! This is eerily familiar, almost an exact story that Jose Baez was putting forth with CA's trial. IMO, Nurmi is using his script.

Of course! I think they studied the defense strategy in that trial closely - they managed to get off an extremely obviously guilty person. If you don't have a solid defense, change your story as you go and try to baffle them with BS. It worked for CA.

Does the jury start deliberating immediately on Friday or do they start on Monday? Will they go through the weekend? If so, what happens if they reach a decision on the weekend?

Anyone know?

I believe that the Judge said that the jury would get the case next Friday. They can't deliberate over the weekend because there is no security at the Courthouse on weekends. If they fail to reach a verdict on Friday, they will return on Monday morning to continue deliberations.

HIPAA - but not sure how that would work if it was evidence to be used in a criminal trial...

Under Obama's new executive orders, HIPAA is rendered useless if you apply for a gun permit...................but I digress. :facepalm:

I agree! This is eerily familiar, almost an exact story that Jose Baez was putting forth with CA's trial. IMO, Nurmi is using his script.

If we saw KN's phone records, it wouldn't be surprising to see phone calls to Baez for his advice. :floorlaugh:

I have another question if anyone knows and sorry to be so negative nellie today, but I am just so worried about this last witness from the DT.

If this person sole goal is to throw the trial off its tracks, is there anything he could purposely say or do that would cause a mistrial? I'm thinking in terms of outragious outbursts or outrageous statements that he may throw out there.

I hope things could be stricken from the record if that happens but just not sure of how things work if something like that happens with him.

I am so worried because of all the other attempts from the DT with trying to get jurors dismissed and stuff that I am afraid they really have something up their sleeve this time with this new witness.

JMO- none of the shrink stuff really matters, the shrink stuff is simply an excuse for some aspect or another but does not change the fact Ms. Arias knew right from wrong. PTSD does not for a second explain Jodi's fog. Jodi's fog does not change the fact she murdered Travis. This witness was decimated by JM and another shrink. The DV stuff, well, no journal entries, no explanation why there are no journal entries, no witnesses to DV, no proof of any kind regarding DV other than the words of a liar and a bully DV expert who apoligizes to the lying murderer. This witness was shown to be biased, was impeached by JM, and disagreed with by another shrink with an actual license. Add in three witnesses who actually dated Travis who indicated Travis was 180 degrees the opposite of what the murderer and the DV expert claim. Still worried ?

I have another question if anyone knows and sorry to be so negative nellie today, but I am just so worried about this last witness from the DT.

If this person sole goal is to throw the trial off its tracks, is there anything he could purposely say or do that would cause a mistrial? I'm thinking in terms of outragious outbursts or outrageous statements that he may throw out there.

I hope things could be stricken from the record if that happens but just not sure of how things work if something like that happens with him.

I am so worried because of all the other attempts from the DT with trying to get jurors dismissed and stuff that I am afraid they really have something up their sleeve this time with this new witness.

http://voices.yahoo.com/reasons-declare-mistrial-criminal-charges-699185.html

There are several reasons why a mistrial might be declared

Hung Jury
Improperly Admitted Evidence
Jury Tampering
Witness Tampering
Court Officer Misconduct
Court Officer Misconduct

Examples of these are included in the article.

If JA is found quilty of any charge other than 1st degree murder I will never watch another trial like I did CA's and JA's because I will have lost all faith in the legal system here in America. You can mark my words on that. :banghead:

I left websleuths after the CA trial and vowed NEVER to return! I left the same day, I don't think I even left a comment on the verdict, I felt sick, I couldn't believe it!

But well... here I am again. :floorlaugh:

No it's defense first, then prosecution.
JM will only do one closing argument.

this probably has been cleared up, but actually Juan goes first, then the Defense, then back to Juan. he gets the last word since its the states burden of proof.

Upon further reflection, please disregard my previous post where I asked what happened to my previous signature, previously. Nothing good can come of such inquiries and it consititutes inappropriate and misdirected "sleuthing". I now understand that we've always been at war with EastAsia. Eurasia is our ally.

Do you work in the Department of Redundancy Department? ;)

Anyone know?

I heard since there is no security at the courthouse on weekends, the jury will not deliberate over the weekend.

If we saw KN's phone records, it wouldn't be surprising to see phone calls to Baez for his advice. :floorlaugh:

Did you know Baez has stated he is in constant touch with the Arias defence team?

Sorry, this cracked me up - hope it's okay to post from eggtreenews - it's a very accurate description of the actual events.

"Then the tortoise on quaaludes dragged himself out of his barcalounger to cross examine Flores, because it wasn’t like anybody else was gonna do it. Side-eye at mopey Jenny. Trial watchers everywhere braced themselves for raunchy questions about Flores’ sex life, but surprisingly, Nurmi didn’t go there. He just huffalumped and grumped his way around the room, grunted a few questions, then went back to bed".

:seeya: . . . :twocents:

BBM: Do we know WHO this witness is for certain ?

JMO but this trial has been "thrown off its tracks" a long time ago ...

JMO but I don't think the DT can ask for a mistrial based on their own witness ... KWIM ? But yes, DT has a "habit" of asking for a mistrial because they have no case ...

And no way will Juan ask for a mistrial ... he can handle anything !

And as to any "outbursts" -- Judge needs to control her courtroom !

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member