Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post but I have been a lurker for a long time. I have a few things to say, so please bear with me.
I am from Canada and we do not have the death penalty here. I agree with that 90% of the time, believing that putting them to death ends their punishment and suffering. LWOP would be fine with me because the public will get tired of talking and thinking about her and after a few years she will be forgotten and just waste away in jail until her death. She is so young this could take many years and from what I have seen, this will be truly a punishment for her. All she will have is other inmates to manipulate and maybe some guards, so who cares what happens to her in prison.

Another point is the way the defense is being talked about. We may not like them or the way they present themselves or how they look but really everyone is entitled to a defense. From what I understand they were given this client. I'm not sure what this is called in the U.S. but in Canada it is called Legal Aid for clients who cannot pay. I also think but not sure that K. Nurmi tried to quit this case at one time. I also think he does not like her and
cannot wait to see the last of her.

Thanks for listening and as always this is just my opinion.
Great first post KY1 and welcome! I am laughing at your screen name...Good choice.:floorlaugh:

my sons dad is 6ft7 (im only 5ft2:floorlaugh: ) and he is very useful for lightbulbs and such :floorlaugh:

My son, Donovan, yes, the same name as that "person"......... anyways, my son is 14 and he is my designated spider killer. He does not mind because he would rather kill the spider than listen to me freaking out for hours.

IMHO each and every time Jodi Arias has had the chance to show remorse she has failed. Not because she didn't try but precisely because SHE DID TRY and could not squeeze out a single convincing tear. It's all an act. "Smile. Say cheese." That's the real Jodi Arias.

Wednesday seems like a year from now...:banghead:

Anyone care to speculate about what the new DT witness will offer? Assuming he is a hired gun to dispute Dr. D's dx of BPD, what is the DT tying to do here?

TIA for any/all opinions.

Maybe the advantages of the SAT-2 over the SAT-1.

In the middle of the juror question "can you explain why you think Travis was still alive when his throat was cut?" Jodi turns to her right and looks to be scribbling something down. I'll bet that was juror #8's question and she was waiting for it to be asked.

I just came home from Target where I might have stopped a disaster. As I was driving around the back to park, I saw this guy sitting in the bushes at the end of the building and just as I looked at him he pulled out this huge long serrated tactical looking knife. Went in and alerted security. When I went back out, the police had him. Pretty creepy.

Thanks for saving someone and getting help....and so glad you are safe....:hero::hero::hero:

I just cannot wrap my mind around hearing testimony about an evaluation done on JA after the trial is in full swing. After she has heard everything and knows what the weak points are. After her hearing Dr. D's testimony. After JA reading books, magazines etc. After listening to Samuels and his junk. After listening to ALV and her junk. After JA talking on the phone to Donavan and others.

How can any of his evaluation be relevant? She lied before and know Ms. IQ has a ton of knowledge and will lie again in the eval. I'm sorry but I just don't get it. Not being snarky but if anyone could explain that more I'd so appreciate it.

I think he is being called to trash Dr. Demarte. He will conclude any/all of the following:

She is too inexperienced
She administered the wrong tests
She gave the tests improperly
Her interpretation of the testing was incorrect
Dr. Samuels rescoring was ok
Dr. Alyce's 44 hours with the defendant should be the determining factor, she knows Jodi!

Neither. After this trial, she knows she'll be a millionaire. She can't wait.

Yes, today in court, when the jury came in and was seated, the camera caught her picking up her journal so she could begin writing (for her book??). Yet, she never gets upset in court.

Well, I think I was pretty clear in my post, but you stated men are "given a pass" for their behavior and you, along with the OP, are not comfortable with that. Among other arguments.

The only "evidence" we have that Travis treated Jodi badly is her own words and she is an admitted and confirmed liar that blames everyone else for her lot in life and her bad choices.

Jodi lied, manipulated, stalked, and probably stole. How is he, the man, in any way to blame for that? She used sex as a tool on Travis to get what she wanted. How does that qualify as a "man getting a pass for his behavior"?

That's what makes me angry. Jodi is not some docile, frail "little woman" who was taken advantage of by Travis.

JMHOO.

It seems pretty obvious that Jodi was not a frail little woman taken advantage of.

Her and Travis had a very unhealthy relationship. They both participated in that together and made it what it was together.

At any time - either of them could have said "stop". Neither did.

It ended tragically. Horribly. A young life forever gone.

This isn't the first time someone killed their lover. It's tragic. It's heartbreaking (especially to Travis's family). But it's not something that's never occured in the world before.

So I'm always a bit curious as to why Jodi is being viewed like some type of unusual serial killer monster who used Travis - with the intent of either owning or killing him. There is no evidence of that at all. There's no evidence that Jodi ever was that person. It's a nice fantasy - if you like fantasy.

Travis really should have married Deanna. He didn't though. He chose not to. Shame entirely.

My son, Donovan, yes, the same name as that "person"......... anyways, my son is 14 and he is my designated spider killer. He does not mind because he would rather kill the spider than listen to me freaking out for hours.

That's funny because my 18 year old son (6'3", 260 lbs) is so afraid of spiders that I am the designated spider killer -- and I'm afraid of them too, but not as much as my son LOL

I think he is being called to trash Dr. Demarte. He will conclude any/all of the following:

She is too inexperienced
Dr. Alyce's 44 hours with the defendant should be the determining factor, she knows Jodi!

So what exactly is desert? LOL it looks yummy.

A good post, and I agree with you. A lot of the sanctifying Travis was a media creation designed to stir up interest in the case. Some of it, in my view, came from well-meaning people who were outraged at what at happened to him -- and without meaning to do so, sort of de-humanized him by contrasting him as a paragon of sorts in comparison to Jodi. He couldn't win in either case, because no one is perfect on the one hand and he was, as you said, a consenting adult engaged in what I believe was entirely reasonable and consensual sexual behavior with a willing partner. It might have offended some people, but everyone has different standards regarding appropriate sexual expression.

The bottom line, is, of course, that Jodi did not have a right to kill him and has failed utterly to prove that she did have a reason to defend herself against him. In my mind, it does not diminish the man at all to admit that he was mortal and subject to some of the same vices and failings as every other mortal person. It does not make his death less tragic. I agree that it's past time to focus on the real issue.

I don't understand the diminishing of Travis. He had a sex life. We have too much information about it. I am not aware of anyone making him out to be a paragon of anything.

Why is it even a question that JA had no right to slaughter him???

She planned the murder and carried it out and there are no extenuating circumstances. Period. Why are we still debating Travis' character when everyone keeps insisting that it has no bearing on his murder?

Thanks for the pictures. They are gruesome, I can't imagine sitting in the jury room and looking at these.

I have to say that looking at the gunshot entry hole, I cannot see any way it could have happened the way Jodi described (linebacker). I've said it before. That combined with Dr. Horn's testimony and there should be no doubt to the jury that she's making up the whole story. IMO at that point it doesn't even matter whose gun it was, where she got it from, etc. I guess I should ask this in the legal thread - but if you I mean the jury) don't believe the theory the defense has put up, does that mean you automatically go with what the State has said?

Looking at the gunshot entry, how is it in any way possible the bullet would have gone through there with such a downward and leftward trajectory if she shot him the way she said she did?? There is NO WAY POSSIBLE. It would have IMO, gone much less downward and gone more parallel with a slight downward angled trajectory, if that makes sense. She said her arms were outstretched straight if I remember her testimony correctly. For the gunshot to go even remotely like she said, she would have to have been pointing the gun signficantly downards at the time she shot him. For her to be able to shoot him at that angle that is depicted in the autopsy photo AS HE WAS MOVING, she would have to have been a GREAT shot, not someone who as she claims didn't have experience with guns and doesn't even remember even pulling the trigger. She would have had to have deliberately changed the direction and the way she was holding her arms and the gun, to be able to have even made the shot, IMO, much less at the angle and trajectory we know it went through. Even then I just don't see any way it could have gone through in such a downward angle.

Thankfully the ME wasn't the old guy from CA's trial. Can't remember his name at the moment.

Dr Spitz. I hope he has retired. He was to old then and his work was...well I just won't say.

This is a great point

Danielle ‏@SheWhoDoes 2m

#jodiarias Who cries cuz of hurting some 1 in self defense? If some 1 was really going to kill u, would u feel bad about killing them 1st?
IMO that's a very simplistic view. I think it's very possible--in fact normal--to regret taking another person's life even if you kiill in self-defense--especially when the individual is someone close to you. If Travis had killed Jodi defending himself against her attack, I have no doubt that it would weigh heavy in his heart regardless of the circumstances. Among the many reasons why Jodi's DV/battered woman claim didn't ring true is that she failed to show any genuine remorse. She is devoid of emotions/feeling except for herself. Most women who justifiably kill or injure their batters are incredibly remorseful, sad, guilty, conflicted, etc. in fact, they may legitimately suffer PTSD. You may know in your head that you did what you had to do, but your heart is another matter.

ja's father said in the police interview that she was planning to marry Travis. I think this was very telling. She expected to marry him, but he had no intention of marrying her. This ate away at her. She decided if he wan't going to marry her, he wouldn't marry anyone.

Wednesday seems like a year from now...:banghead:

Anyone care to speculate about what the new DT witness will offer? Assuming he is a hired gun to dispute Dr. D's dx of BPD, what is the DT tying to do here?

TIA for any/all opinions.

I think he'll be there to primarily reinforce the PTSD as opposed to BPD. Hopefully the judge has really limited the scope on this. Cause if I have to listen to JW chirp on and on about the mostly out of context emails, instant messages and texts, I may have no hair left.

Well, I think I was pretty clear in my post, but you stated men are "given a pass" for their behavior and you, along with the OP, are not comfortable with that. Among other arguments.

The only "evidence" we have that Travis treated Jodi badly is her own words and she is an admitted and confirmed liar that blames everyone else for her lot in life and her bad choices.

Jodi lied, manipulated, stalked, and probably stole. How is he, the man, in any way to blame for that? She used sex as a tool on Travis to get what she wanted. How does that qualify as a "man getting a pass for his behavior"?

That's what makes me angry. Jodi is not some docile, frail "little woman" who was taken advantage of by Travis.

JMHOO.

Bravo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand the diminishing of Travis. He had a sex life. We have too much information about it. I am not aware of anyone making him out to be a paragon of anything.

Why is even a question that JA had no right to slaughter him???

She planned the murder and carried it out and there are no extenuating circumstances. Period. Why are we still debating Travis' character when everyone keeps insisting that it has no bearing on his murder?

I wasn't debating his character. I was responding to another post that had raised the issue of the emphasis that had been placed on character and sexuality. My point is solely that none of that has a bearing on the crime. As for the nuances involved in the post, if you read the OP and the series upstream you will see that there was a discussion involving some of those things.

She is too inexperienced

After hearing Samuels and Alyce testify then him coming in to back them up I would not even listen to him at all. JM proved they were both biased and not a clue about who Jodi really is/was. Once I learned him and ALV were "friends" that would end any credibility of any testimony he might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor