Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the next trial will be televisied by HLN? And whose on trial?

I don't have a clue. I just want this case to get to a verdict. I do know I'm never going to get as emotionally involved in another trial. Although, I don't believe there ever will be another case like this. Travis, I wish I would have been blessed to have met you. A lot of us do.

And he was also a victim of his environment growing up. He never knew his father, and his mother tried to barter him in a bar one night for a pitcher of beer when he was very young. No excuse I guess for what he became, but a far cry from Arias' upbringing. Wooden spoon? GMAFB.

I don't think Manson even comes close to the level of psychopath that Arias is. He was institutionalized at a very young age, and his sociopathy was such that he wasn't able to function in the world outside of prison. He doesn't even really want to ever get out of prison. It's pretty much the only world he's ever known.

Yeah, I'd put her more in the category of other "eraser killers" like Scott and Drew Peterson. Or Miss Anthony (although JA outstrips her on several levels, one of which is that her lies seem much less ADD Impromptu and more deliberate Machievellian in scope. She also had the whole follow-through after-the-fact thing wrapped up much better.

I have a different take on JW's line of questioning about Travis being able to hold his head up after having his throat slit. Right before JW asked that question, she asked about the trajectory of the bullet to the forehead and had the doctor confirm it went from above to below, right to left. My thought is she was implying that would not have been the trajectory of the bullet if Travis was lieing down dead at the time of the shot. Problem is he could have been half slumped against the wall after JA slashed his neck and then dragged him part way back towards the shower. His body may have been making involuntary movements or sounds (as air and blood came from the neck and chest wounds) and she freaked out and shot him near the sinks leaving the casing on top of blood.

My other thought is about the blood stains left near the linen closet. There are a couple of large splotches of blood in the crime scene photos that look like they were not diluted out by water despite the fact that water had to have been thrown there at some point to cause the wicking, bloody water effect on the box in the linen closet. So, those larger puddles of blood must have been left AFTER JA did the majority of her clean-up with cupfulls of water. To me this is consistent with JA dragging Travis back towards the shower, and then getting tired and panicked, so she leaves him partly propped against that wall near the linen closet door. She then starts throwing cupfulls of water to dilute the blood left down the length of the hallway which creates the wicking up the box in the linen closet. But while she is concentrating on diluting the blood further down the hall towards the bedroom, blood from Travis drains into those splotches in the crime scene photos that are not diluted near the linen closet door. Then she returns and hears sounds from his body, is creeped out about moving him, that he may be alive still, so she shoots him leaving casing on top of the blood splotch, and then drags him the rest of the way to the shower.

I used to think that's why she used the gun. But now, after hearing her suggest the 2 intruder theory to Flores in a phone interview the day after TA was found, I think she shot him to insure both of her weapons were used to SUPPORT the 2 intruder story. She suggested to Flores that it would have taken 2 people to overpower TA, and this is when she was claiming she was never in AZ at all.

Oh my gosh. Did anyone watch Vinnie @ 4 pm. EST. Jean C. was on. She makes me sick, sick I tell you. I hope someone saw her who has a better memory then I. When the other woman, (don't know her name) was saying the defense did not bring on their own ME because etc, Jean gave another explanation how the bullet to the heard came first and how Travis could have turned around a attacked Jodi. Something to that effect. Also, later Jean C said Jodi was being honest when Jodi said the reason she did not confess at first to the killing, Jody said because she did not want to be implicated in the killing. Anyone see Jean C. at her best? moo

She is pro defense on every show other than Nancy G- then she agrees with everything Nancy says... I stopped watching her flip flop during the Casey
Anthony trial. It was embarrassing.

Razor pmed me the link. We have seen them all.

I thought so...thank you!! And thank you Razor!!! Prolly some of the newer folk had not seen these...

Tulessa - Here they are (GRAPHIC WARNING!)

I'm confused on these photos. Were these photos exhibited today?

These are graphic, and I don't known when these were first shown, because I did not see them with the often posted autopsy photos.

But, I did see these photos on a WS thread days ago and wondered why they had not been included with the photos already shown all over.

So...I'm wondering where these did come from? Were they only put out officially today while Dr. Horn was testifying, but were unofficially posted on the Internet previously (since they have been around)?

I swear , or as my Mom would say, "I swan", I don't know WHY I thought he was recounting a dream! I was literally giving HLN the stink eye and muttering "Nice reporting, jack wagons!" :blushing:

My momma said swanni! :floorlaugh:

I do wish Juan would have asked if TA was shot first would he have still felt pain because that could demonstrate heinous suffering regardless of what came first. I'm pretty certain he would have still felt pain from that injury since the sensory cortex is posterior to the frontal lobe/gunshot path.... Moo

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm confused on these photos. Were these photos exhibited today?

These are graphic, and I don't known when these were first shown, because I did not see them with the often posted autopsy photos.

But, I did see these photos on a WS thread days ago and wondered why they had not been included with the photos already shown all over.

So...I'm wondering where these did come from? Were they only put out officially today while Dr. Horn was testifying, but were unofficially posted on the Internet previously (since they have been around)?
I seen those a long time back. :seeya:

I used to think that's why she used the gun. But now, after hearing her suggest the 2 intruder theory to Flores in a phone interview the day after TA was found, I think she shot him to insure both of her weapons were used to SUPPORT the 2 intruder story. She suggested to Flores that it would have taken 2 people to overpower TA, and this is when she was claiming she was never in AZ at all.

I think JA got the 2 intruders story from Det. Flores.
He said it to her during one of her phone calls to him before her arrest.

At least NG isn't pretending court is still in session ...
(Small favors....)

I would have to guess he may be in the Military...
perhaps the National Guard?
It "sounds" like he had a commitment on May 15th

I know he is older but perhaps a training exercise?
Deployment?

They worded it a little differently too. "EXCUSED from this case"
He was reported to be clean cut, and well dressed.
Could be Military I guess.

I don't think it was anything "bad,
he took lots of notes so it appears that he took
his job seriously.
If ya have commitments with the gov IMO
the court would release you for "duty".

Juror 11 was "excused" for health reasons.
Juror 5 was "removed" or "dismissed" for speaking out.
~jmo
Juror 5
"Judge Sherry Stephens told the remaining jurors that they are not to speculate why the woman was dismissed."
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/04/jodi-arias-juror-dismissed-mistrial-judge-denies-motion/
Juror 11
"The judge says juror #11 has been excused from further participation in the trial because he is ill"
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/04/12/jodi-arias-trial-laviolette-jury-questions

see the video.
JM says/mouths twice "It's good"

JODI ARIAS TRIAL COVERAGE JUROR 8 EXCUSED! 4.25.13 PT. 5 - YouTube

BBM Can anyone understand what Wilmott said after she said "It's good" twice?

Assuming it was the defense who wanted the juror removed?

NG just stated the juror was dismissed, nothing else.

Purely speculation. So many rumors, one being he was a CEO and was under the impression that this would be over in April, and just needed to get back to work.

I am not looking forward to this doctor's testimony on Wednesday. I'll mute and read along here until Juan gets up for his cross.

Willmott returned today to her characterisation of "when the gun went off". We know better from the defendant's own lips. Martinez: "And so, you fired the gun, you shot him in the head and you killed him, right?" Defendant answers, "Yes." She had just admitted that she pulled the trigger.

Hi Tuba, Do you know if anyone has done a chart on arias? I have looked online but haven't found anything. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16