Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to come across as sounding mean, but she doesn't have to be there, does she?

She is there to support Jodi imo.

Yeah maybe Jodie's mom thought it would help Jodie? Maybe she is going to give. A. Mercy speech for her granddaughters life.

Geez I'm just ready for the jury's decision. When the heck will we get to that??

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Oh, and I do think the murder was premeditated by that long text TA sent to JA on May 25, and started planning it that night, but I think had he changed his mind to take JA to Cancun after all, he might have still been alive - for a short time, until she got crazy with him again....

I've never heard of a new expert at this point. You call back the psychologist you already have to rebutt what the states psychologist said. No way would a case be overturned because the DT couldn't bring in a third expert for a surrebuttal when they already had an expert with the same dr. qualification already. It's like Juan brought back the ME in his rebuttal-he didn't go get a whole new ME. THat wouldn't be fair as experts have to be deposed, write their reports and give the other side time to review it. It's lucky he's such a bozo, but this could otherwise be a serious unfairness to the state. And not permitting it would in no way be unfair to the defendant-they had thier choice of experts for many years.

Ok since there will be a surbuttal! Does that mean the defense has the last word in closing arguments?

I love the way you guys call your SI (significant other) "Mr. Knott", or "Mr. Pizza", etc. But what do I call mine? Mr. Me? Mr. Princess? :waitasec: :dunno:

How about... Your Prince... Or Mr. Prince?

I really do not like to call my DH Mr. IHAVENOCLUE...

Sooo... He is either Mr. Has A Clue... Or just Mr. Clue...

:D

I don't HLN at night anymore. Was Linda on NG? Good grief, now I have to watch it. :facepalm:

I just watched the clips w/Linda at hlntv.com. You don't have to watch the entire show!

Thanks Gypsy... she is sure adorable. I can't watch the HLN video because I can't stream where i'm at.

Why did they break-up? From the pics, there are a cute couple.

I thought nancy was the one that said Jodie stole it.

Another question for fellow Sleuthers - Why did Grandmother all of a sudden show up in the courthouse? Towards the end of trial - To get her used to the courthouse so when she begs the jury to save her lovely grand daughter's life in the penalty phase? Did Grandmother look at the photos today to see her grand daughter's handiwork?

If they used her for sympathy points with the jury, that is so wrong. She is probably in shock. Those photos were a gruesome reality check for her, about what her granddaughter did.

Well, I don't know who this Linda Ballard Boss is unless she was a high school sweetheart Never heard of her before.

Here you go friend. She and Travis were very much in love, he bought the engagement ring for her. Partly because of the prepaid legal pyramid stuff she was uncomfortable with, she broke things off with Travis. Even so, always loved him, remained very dear friends. He got back together with Deanna after that.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/...iend-linda-ballard-engagement-ring-jodi-arias “I want people to know that the real Travis was not abusive. He was kind, he was a shoulder to cry on, he was passionate about life, he had more goals than most people would ever dream about trying to accomplish. He inspired people to be better,” Linda Ballard Boss told HLN.

Great theory! :rocker:

As usual, there is a speckle of truth in her fables. :facepalm:

She probably was pointing the gun (as she testified) to keep him cornered in the shower. He slipped from shock and slid down in the shower, and then she drops the camera (as you are suggestng), grabs the knife which is taped on her with duct tape, and proceeds ...

After the testimony yesterday about Travis' computer being accessed shortly before 5 pm (presumably while Travis was getting ready to take a shower, since he would be dead a little over a half hour later), I formed a new opinion in my head about why she killed him with a knife instead of the gun she brought with.

I believe her original intention was to kill him with the gun - until she got on his computer. According to her testimony, TA told her he was taking "a babysitter" on the Cancun trip instead of her (which I think may have been true, if he didn't want to "set her off" by telling her who he was really taking).

I think she believed that by seducing him, that he would change his mind and take her instead (hence, her purchase for 2 cans of sunblock from Walmart), since it wasn't even someone he was close to going with him - or so she thought.

IMHO, while TA was upstairs getting ready for his shower, she got on his computer, and found that the tickets were actually for TA and Mimi - not some babysitter. She was furious that he lied to her, and that he wasn't going to change his mind about taking her with him because Mimi was TA's future wife (or so she claims he told her).

She quickly formulated the idea to do a photo shoot with TA posing as in the Psycho shower scenes, which would give her a reason to have a knife with her. She probably told him she would leave if she let him take these last photos of him. I think he realized at the last minute that she was going to kill him. I think the photo of him on the floor of the shower was actually her dropping the camera to stab TA in the chest, and that she was kicking the camera out of her way - which accounted for the ceiling shot, plus the shots of her dragging his body. I think she intended for him to hurt as much as she FELT hurt her emotionally.

I also think, based on the outline that the tech guy drew around the reflection in TA's eye shows that JA was holding the camera waist high in one hand(if he was sitting in the shower at that time, the flash could have momentarily blinded him from that height), and her other arm was reaching behind her for the knife.

IMHO, as I posted a few pages ago, I think the gunshot was for good measure to make sure he was really dead, since his eyes were still open.

Always through this trial I have marveled at just how JA's psychological disfunction has hurt her. Weird that it will actually be "that" paving the road to her death or LWOP.

I often wonder if she had been less controlled by her psychopatic tendencies would this have been a different trial. Had she been a little less controlled by her failure to take blame and narcissism, would this have been a different trial than this:

1. He convinced her to come to Mesa, now he has convinced her to come to his house after she moves?

2. He wants the shower pics to display his body

3. TA is so enraged by a dropped camera (from 24 inches or so) that he would attack her.

5. He body slams her against a tile floor without injury other than a "non documented injury to her shoulder"

6. He apparently stands there at her knees as she twists, gets up and rushes from the room in fear of her life. Like a statue apparently, since he didn't stop her.

7. He chases her into the closet where she gets the gun (this is where the Kill Bill wire work begins to play in)

8. She leaps on the bottom shelf (without benefit of her hands mind you and regardless of shelf weight standards) and grabs gun from back of corner shelf. I.e. while he is still chasing her.

9. She dashes through door into bathroom and strikes Charlie's Angels pose as he leaps at her like a linebacker with his head conveniently turned so she can shoot him in the downward angle required by autopsy results.

10. With the bullet and skull fragments careening through his skull he clearly states, "I'm gonna kill you" or something similiar and clutches at her as she nimbly twists away and runs from the bathroom as her fog enters, but apparently he gets up and presumably comes after her since she believes he is still a threat to justify the stab wounds and slit throat.

And this is what the jury has to accept?

And yet again....Nimbly escapes from his grasp...TWICE...:facepalm:

I know that JA said she threw the gun into the desert before she reached the "so-called" checkpoint at the dam. I don't even know if that checkpoint was in place at the time she claims she went thru it. (How do we even know for sure what route she took). She either threw the knife and gun into a body of water between Mesa, AZ and her home in Cali or kept the weapons as some sort of trophy. She kept the receipts as a trophy IMO - not for tax purposes.

Jumping off your post here.

But if she kept the gun, I think it would have been found. Don't you? She got rid of that gun.

I've had a fever the last few days, so forgive me if I'm not making sense, but I have another question because I've never been clear on this....

The gun that was found in the engine compartment of the rental car. Where did she get that? How was it found? Did she have it when she killed Travis? (I do realize it's not the gun used to kill Travis).

Ok since there will be a surbuttal! Does that mean the defense has the last word in closing arguments?

Direct of this hired gun doc by the DT, cross by JM, redirect, jury questions, then follow up by both sides.

JM up first in closing, then DT, then JM again to respond to whatever he wants from the DT.

FINAL word is for the State. :)

Geez I'm just ready for the jury's decision. When the heck will we get to that??

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I think the jurors have decided. Due to appellate issues, the judge decided to allow the DT to allow a sur-rebut witness to argue against JA's obvious Borderline Personality Disorder. JMO (And I think this will highly pi$$ off the jurors)

Yeah maybe Jodie's mom thought it would help Jodie? Maybe she is going to give. A. Mercy speech for her granddaughters life.

Personally I think she was there to try to gain sympathy from the jury and try to humanize her.

I am jumping in....but has anyone been discussing Juror 8's dismissal in more detail? I am concerned that the CEO/extensive note-taking juror is now gone because I believe he would have been a persuasive, intellectual leader if he were selected to deliberate. Who are we rooting for now?

I think he did have issues he didn't understand or seek help to talk about. He wanted to be so strong and overcome everything and he portrayed himself as so together. But I think he struggled with committment/marriage which is odd if you look at his religion and circle of friends, all of whom seemed to accept common LDS practice involving dating and then marriage as soon as possible when you find the right one.

That was even the thing the Hughe's didn't understand and seemed to blame him for in terms of not making a committment but having lengthy relationships with women. That is seemingly very odd for LDS-they seem to date people easily for a certain amount of time but stop as soon as they find the "one" and since they are actively looking for the "one" it isn't that hard IMO. I'm not of the school that thinks there's only one person out there for you. There are many people with whom you could be compatible especially when you are dating within the LDS circle.

I think he really wanted to commit but there was something he felt was missing or some hesitation in taking that final step to marriage. I wonder if it is linked to his childhood issues. Whatever, I think psycho Jodi used that and tried to be that thing Travis felt he was missing. Normally she would not have had the opportunity as she was not LDS but she quickly made that not an issue. I think there were so many awful and manipulative and cruel things she did to him all along because she found his weakness and exploited it. And he was thinking she was like those other LDS girls he dated, at least for a while. he had no idea of how evil she was. Look at his other girlfriends. Sweet, sincere, kind, rational, well rounded and then Jodi. He had no frame of reference for that. He had left the awful part of his life long ago and had since surrounded himself with good hearted, nice, sincere people who genuinely cared about him. It's like breathing in toxic fumes you can't see-it seems like regular air but it kills you.

OMG did you hear that beautiful poem Travis wrote for her? I want that, for my wall in my room! I wish you all the best and I hope all the best is me, he ended it.

All of his other ladies in his life were such a different league than Jodi Arias. They seem like princesses compared to the wicked evil witch.

I know this sounds crazy! But on verdict day! The defence team should remove all sharp objects from her sight. I mean even her pencils.
And the bailiff needs to keep that shock remote handy! No telling how she will react if she gets the death penalty.

Predictions on how she will react when she is found guilty of Murder in the 1st?
I'm thinking she will hide her face and "cry" then give hateful looks to the jurors. JW will have to try to console her with a hug.

I assumed with the CA trial that because of the length of closing arguments I would get bored and not watch the entire thing. Boy was I wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat