Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer, these are not JW's words, but my interpretation of what she said in rebuttal to the ME.

"So the weapon was a small caliber pistol without much punch, I mean, after all, it's not like the bullet went all the way through his skull and exited on the other side is it?
You mean that big bad man couldn't get up and fight a girl after being shot in the head with a tiny little low powered bullet? Geesh! Isn't it true that the bullet only made a small hole in his skull?"

I swear if I was a member of Travis' family I would have jumped out of my skin and ask if she or Nurmi would like to experience a low caliber bullet ripping it's way through their skull and ricocheting around in their cranium to see how much fight they would have left. She so minimized that wound it was disgusting and insulting to the victim and his family. / end rant

I was just going thru the menu on the TV and I found so many shows that could be about Jodi: Look who's Stalking, Unusual Suspect, I killed my BFF, Sins and Secrets, Scorned, Twisted, Deadly Women, Most Evil, Wicked Attraction, Cuff me if you can, Cold Blood. If you have any to add feel free.

Investigation Discovery Channel? My son, when he was younger, because of my tendency to watch that channel constantly, called it the "dead people" channel. I never allowed him to watch it, but thought that label he gave it was amusing.

The more I think about the gun, the less it bothers me that she used the knife first. Jodi put a lot of thought into this crime. FWIW, I'm one of the people who believes that she went there to give him one last chance to remember the good times. I think she apologized for whatever it was that Travis was angry about in his email to her, she promised she wouldn't do anything to embarrass him, had sex any way he wanted and then she asked for one last chance to make things work. He refused and she followed through with her plan.

Guns can be traced. She probably knew it would look suspicious that a .25 caliber weapon was taken from her grandparents and then the same size gun was used to kill Travis. Her first choice was to get him in a vulnerable position and then strike while blinded by a flash directly in his face. A gun that small would be easy to conceal in the waistband of her pants and she could get to it if the stab wound wasn't enough to incapacitate him. What she didn't count on was how messy it is when your victim is dying but still capable moving around. Stumbling to the sink and coughing up blood, crawling and leaving a trail, and possibly still capable of getting to a phone in the other room. So she stomped and stabbed him until was weak enough for her to deliver the fatal cut across the throat. That, however, made things worse. A huge amount of blood, he's still moving, and she has to get him back into the shower. In that horrific moment I think she panicked and used the gun as a last resort to finish him so that everything would stop.

Jodi is an evil person, but I don't think anyone can be prepared for that kind of carnage. It saddens me to think that line she attributed to Travis when she told the intruder story ("I can't feel my legs") was probably a detail from the actual crime. In the movies, the victim of a stabbing usually says something pithy (Et tu Brute?) and then collapses to the floor. Her victim didn't die quickly, and he was spreading evidence everywhere. The gunshot wasn't merciful, and it wasn't a symbolic coup de grace, it was just expedient.

Dude, get out of my head. These are my thoughts 100%.

Any word yet on why #8 is out?

He probably heard the DT was putting on Another Ex-Expert and that court next Wednesday will be in session until that Ex-Expert is done and he couldn't handle the thought of it so he went running from the courtroom:banghead:... seriously, I don't think anyone knows yet. Should be interesting to find out about him and #5,

I balled crying when I listened to the young lady on NG tonite talking about Travis and what a kind, loving, gentleman he was. And when I cry, my face breaks up and tears FLOW - I have real emotions. JA does not have the capability of feeling real emotion. In fact, I heard BAGPIPES on the radio tonite and I immediately started crying - Something about those bagpipes - Must be deep in my old Hippacampus, eh?

JMO
This proves you have a good concious and a good soul. Unlike Jodi who has shown smirks and laughter at inappropriate times during the trial.

Its the people that dont show emotion when the situation calls for it that scare the heck out of me.

Yes, she's a liar, but she also said she killed Travis. I believe her on that one. All I was simply doing was talking about whatever she was doing with these phones and wondering if she never got new SIMS or changed her numbers, is that a good way to prove a lie in this phone incident.

Yes, I think you provide some very logical solutions to find out more about these phones. I too became a bit confused with the last phone and the one Gus had given her.

Grandma actually may know JA best... I wonder if she thinks that the .25-cal that belonged to her husband put a bullet in TA's head... Ummm. What a burden to carry...

And I have all-along wondered how JA's mother actually feels about JA -- in general and with regard to this situation in the courtroom.... Will she visit JA in prison and/or fund her canteen account? Who will fund it? (DB?) If someone doesn't fund it, JA is doomed to baloney, koolaid, powdered eggs & fake cheese until she breathes her last.

And it's getting closer & closer to Verdict Time (please let that be sometime in 2013). How does JA really feel? Does she care? You need more than lies and a stolen ballpoint pen to escape from jail...

One more thang:

Can anyone remember where the info on JA's jail violations was mentioned? I heard about it but did not see it on here or on the telly. Many thanks if someone could answer!

Go through the slideshow at the link-all the jail violations are there. It is from the HLN After Dark show.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/04/04/hln-after-dark-what-jury-doesnt-know?hpt=hln10_1

I'll be going back to the JonBenet case, the Rebecca Z case and the McStay case. I've been a lurker for years and was quite content to just read what everyone else had to say. I had never even heard of this case until I stumbled upon JA on the stand and I sat there almost frozen and asking myself WTF???

So here I am. I've gotten 2 Time Outs because I don't play well with others and my heart is so invested in justice for Travis that it scares me sometimes. I can say with near certainty many of us are going to remember this case for years to come and that it HAS to end well. God help us if it doesn't.

I'll be joining you on the McStay thread. I haven't been there in a few months....I lurk 99.9% of the time but it's beyond intriguing.

Grandma actually may know JA best... I wonder if she thinks that the .25-cal that belonged to her husband put a bullet in TA's head... Ummm. What a burden to carry...

And I have all-along wondered how JA's mother actually feels about JA -- in general and with regard to this situation in the courtroom.... Will she visit JA in prison and/or fund her canteen account? Who will fund it? (DB?) If someone doesn't fund it, JA is doomed to baloney, koolaid, powdered eggs & fake cheese until she breathes her last.

And it's getting closer & closer to Verdict Time (please let that be sometime in 2013). How does JA really feel? Does she care? You need more than lies and a stolen ballpoint pen to escape from jail...

One more thang:

Can anyone remember where the info on JA's jail violations was mentioned? I heard about it but did not see it on here or on the telly. Many thanks if someone could answer!

BBM - One more "thang".....

Grandma knows and mama and daddy knows that JA was capable of doing the deed that they saw in pictures today. We still haven't heard (as far as I know) why JA had her "journals" taken away on April 1st or whatever violations she incurred while in jail.

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone brought this up in discussions today but I wonder why we never heard from the Cancun PPL representative that was supposedly on the rebuttal list.

There was so much information entered in this case, just wondering if as the trial progressed the Cancun trip "motive" kind of faded a bit. Seemed that way to me.

Thoughts?

JMO
This proves you have a good concious and a good soul. Unlike Jodi who has shown smirks and laughter at inappropriate times during the trial.

Its the people that dont show emotion when the situation calls for it that scare the heck out of me.

From what you have stated thus far, I can imagine your response to 9/11 was similar to mine. I was a wreck.

Disclaimer, these are not JW's words, but my interpretation of what she said in rebuttal to the ME.

So the weapon was a small caliber pistol without much punch, I mean, after all, it's not "like the bullet went all the way through his skull and exited on the other side is it?
You mean that big bad man couldn't get up and fight a girl after being shot in the head with a tiny little low powered bullet? Geesh! Isn't it true that the bullet only made a small hole in his skull?"

I swear if I was a member of Travis' family I would have jumped out of my skin and ask if she or Nurmi would like to experience a low caliber bullet ripping it's way through their skull and ricocheting around in their cranium to see how much fight they would have left. She so minimized that wound it was disgusting and insulting to the victim and his family. / end rant

I'll bet the jurors took her comments the same way you and I took them. She didn't do her team any favors by saying that. A bullet, no matter what the size, ripping through someone's brain is not a 'no big deal, right?' moment.

I see Jodi Grandmother is upset by what jodi did, I see it on her face. I have been thinking about the MOM's interview with Florez. Not once during this trial have we HEARD from IT's Friends who WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT JODI and her MENTAL issues That THEY HAVE COME FORWARD to tell what they were WORRIED ABOUT!!!! I THINK this was a LIE FROM JODI's MOM!!! I also found her tears in the INTERVIEW to be FAKE too!!!

From what you have stated thus far, I can imagine your response to 9/11 was similar to mine. I was a wreck.

Mark Eiglarsh had such a way with words, referring to Jodi, " I am not gonna be her puppet."

So the weapon was a small caliber pistol without much punch, I mean, after all, it's not "like the bullet went all the way through his skull and exited on the other side is it?

Same here, Dewey! When I heard JW trying to imply in her chirpy little sarcastic voice that the bullet that went through Travis' brain was ONLY from a .25mm - I about came unglued. If my t.v. was a portal into the courtroom - I could'a reached through and yanked every hair outta her head.

She was supposed to return the gas cans to Daryl, but never did.

I'm quite certain he testified to that. Now I have to on a wild goose chase to find it. :giggle:

I thought they recovered 2 gas cans, which was why the information about Darryl came out? I don't know what happened to the third can, but something obviously did or else they wouldn't have spent so much time in court proving its existence.

I envisioned the same thing when the media described Nicole Brown Simpson's neck wound.

I googled to see Travis' neck wound and Ron Goldman's was there!!
Ahh! :hills:
That was BAD!

Help me get it out of my mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics