Trial Delayed until at least January

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only was he able to make nearly $1M bail, but he claimed he didn't have the $$$$ to fight the custody case. Guess we know that was a lie too.

There you go again.
I'm sorry, but you are again incorrect.

Kurtz asked for a bail hearing for BC.
It was granted, but Brad had no way of posting bond.

I'm not incorrect. Judge Stephens initially denied bail to Cooper.

He granted it later at a whopping $2 million dollars.
When Jason Young requested bail, Stephens set it at only $900,000

I'm growing tired of your little game of twisting posts and sophistry so I'll scroll on by from now on and suggest you extend the same courtesy. Thanks.

JMO

The manager testimony was unclear.
Bottom line is the door was unlocked at 6:35AM, either because it was unlocked or broken. Therefore, we know JLY just opened the door and walked in.

Okay ... so the door lock was broken but the night audit clerk didn't know this ... that's not very good.

I'm growing tired of your little game of twisting posts and sophistry so I'll scroll on by from now on and suggest you extend the same courtesy. Thanks.

JMO

All 1st degree murderers in wake county are denied bail . The only chance they have is a bail hearing...Brad had one and the judge agreed to allow bail.
JLY's lawyers never asked for a bail hearing while awaiting trial.

He tried to work, but there was some interference ... then he tried to get another degree ... and there was some interference. Of course he can't pay anything if he can't secure employment without interference.
Interference? More like baggage, heavy baggage. WDS done. Is that 15 million?
Murder trial...in progress.....for the second time.
Would you be hiring him? Even with the interference? Would you reach out? Take a risk?

That's not true. I linked the search warrant where the bathroom measurements are specifically mentioned and the objective of the warrant is for the purpose of gathering those measurements.

It's also a matter of public record and proves you are correct.

Bond is determined via a bond (bail) hearing. Defense attorney requests a hearing and the judge then hears the argument. Cooper's attorney requested bond and the judge granted it at a $2M level. Not on the day he was arrested or the next day at his arraignment, but when he got Kurtz and Kurtz made the bond request.

Bond is determined via a bond (bail) hearing. Defense attorney requests a hearing and the judge then hears the argument. Cooper's attorney requested bond and the judge granted it at a $2M level. Not on the day he was arrested or the next day at his arraignment, but when he got Kurtz and Kurtz made the bond request.

Kurtz asked for $150,000:floorlaugh:

otto, you will argue any possible point, no matter how slim or remote the odds. You win. We didn't have a video of the door to verify <<sigh>>

I'm simply trying to interpret the facts without an opinion of guilt. I see problems with the camera, especially in terms of connecting it with Jason. Why would he unplug the camera 7 hours before he did not want to be seen? That makes no sense whatsoever, as he should have reasonably assumed that it would be noticed in those 7 hours. It would have been sufficient to tilt it at 6:30 in the morning, not twice. It could be that someone else unplugged the camera at 11:20 and prosecutors are trying to tie that into their theory, but it doesn't fit well.

We have to assume that Jason had an amazing amount of good luck in not being seen roaming around the hotel at 11:20 and 6:30 by any of the 10-12 hotel cameras. That almost defies logic. It's also anoter bit of sheer luck that the gas station where he stopped had no video surveillance. It seems like Jason had one piece of extreme luck after another in terms of investigators not being able to find enough evidence ... is it sheer luck, or is it simply that the evidence investigators are looking could never exist. That is, he wasn't seen by the 10-12 cameras in the hotel at 11:20 because he was in his room.

How about the hotel receipt and newspaper ... one under the room door and one on the door handle of the room. How did Jason re-enter a fourth floor room without a key in the morning and how did the receipt and newspaper get on or under the door without the clerk noticing that the door was open? More luck?

There are also problems in the testimony regarding the side door. One person claims that it was locked 24/7, another claims the lock was broken. Which was it?

Problems I see with the Camera:

1. Jason arrived at 10:54
2. Camera in stairwell (10' above floor) unplugged at 11:20 PM
3. Check-in would take 5-10 minutes so Jason presumably checked into his room, took the elevator to 4th floor, doubled back to unplug the stairwell camera but is not seen on any of the 10 - 12 hotel cameras cameras as he does this.
4. Jason is seen heading towards the unplugged camera area shortly before midnight ... why wasn't he seen the first time?
5. Why was he unplugging a camera at 11:20 when he wasn't concerned with being seen heading towards the exit at midnight, but he would have been concerned about being seen 7 hours later?
6. If he could simply tilt the camera at 6:30 AM, why did he unplug it at 11:20 PM? Why would he expect that no one would plug it back in during that night shift?
7. How did he get in through the side door (or any door for that matter) to tilt the camera when that door was locked? Why didn't any of the 10-12 hotel camera capture him re-entering the hotel in the morning?

BBM. This is the BIG question. Mr. Hicks testified the side doors were locked 24/7 and the front (main) door was locked overnight. All those doors had working security videos. He removed the rock from the emergency door between 3:30 and 4:00 AM and the door was seclured. So where is the video showing him coming back into the hotel and why didn't the prosecution show it to the jury?

JMO

JMO

BBM

I'm still waiting for an apology for calling me out last night by saying that I was misrepresenting the facts about Spivey's testimony about the security camera being unplugged at 11:20.

Before you start chastising other posters about their comments, why don't you do like my grandma used to say: "Keep sweeping in front of your own porch before you worry about others."

My grandma was a wise, wise lady.

Interference? More like baggage, heavy baggage. WDS done. Is that 15 million?
Murder trial...in progress.....for the second time.
Would you be hiring him? Even with the interference? Would you reach out? Take a risk?

He lost jobs and was asked to leave educational programs before he was arrested.

BBM. This is the BIG question. Mr. Hicks testified the side doors were locked 24/7 and the front (main) door was locked overnight. All those doors had working security videos. He removed the rock from the emergency door between 3:30 and 4:00 AM and the door was seclured. So where is the video showing him coming back into the hotel and why didn't the prosecution show it to the jury?

JMO

Good point. The night audit guy said that the doors were secured and he made sure of that ... for his own safety as well as hotel guests ... so what's the story with the lock being broken? How could he testify that a door with a broken lock was secured?

He lost jobs and was asked to leave educational programs before he was arrested.

I for one do not want a murderer for my *nurse*. JMO And I'd prefer not putting my life in the hands of somebody who swallows other people's wedding rings, nor pees on the floor. I know, I'm *odd* that way. :crazy:

I'm simply trying to interpret the facts without an opinion of guilt. I see problems with the camera, especially in terms of connecting it with Jason. Why would he unplug the camera 7 hours before he did not want to be seen? That makes no sense whatsoever, as he should have reasonably assumed that it would be noticed in those 7 hours. It would have been sufficient to tilt it at 6:30 in the morning, not twice. It could be that someone else unplugged the camera at 11:20 and prosecutors are trying to tie that into their theory, but it doesn't fit well.

We have to assume that Jason had an amazing amount of good luck in not being seen roaming around the hotel at 11:20 and 6:30 by any of the 10-12 hotel cameras. That almost defies logic. It's also anoter bit of sheer luck that the gas station where he stopped had no video surveillance. It seems like Jason had one piece of extreme luck after another in terms of investigators not being able to find enough evidence ... is it sheer luck, or is it simply that the evidence investigators are looking could never exist. That is, he wasn't seen by the 10-12 cameras in the hotel at 11:20 because he was in his room.

How about the hotel receipt and newspaper ... one under the room door and one on the door handle of the room. How did Jason re-enter a fourth floor room without a key in the morning and how did the receipt and newspaper get on or under the door without the clerk noticing that the door was open? More luck?

There are also problems in the testimony regarding the side door. One person claims that it was locked 24/7, another claims the lock was broken. Which was it?

Yep, lucky.
Especially Gracie's broken Cstore camera,,that would have nailed him the first week!

His hotel door had the DND card acting as a shim.....easy.

How many times are you going to discuss the cameras missing him at 11:20? AGAIN, the camera was on a 10 second delay.
Simple as that.

187112-hotel_4-21-640x428.jpg

Okay ... so the door lock was broken but the night audit clerk didn't know this ... that's not very good.

Doesn't matter whether it was locked or not, it still had coverage by a working security camera.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members