Trial Delayed until at least January

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shoe prints aren't evidence he left the hotel premises. The prosecution's own witness could not positively conclude the shoe prints were made by Jason Young's shoes. Has nothing to do with "odds" because there was also testimony that there were a variety of styles of Hush Puppies that used that same sole pattern. Not just one shoe was made and sold to Jason Young.

Also no evidence whatsoever that Jason Young was wearing the shoes that made the shoeprints. Again, if there is no proof he left the hotel premises, no proof he was at the crime scene that had evidence pointing to someone else with unidentified prints and DNA, it will be impossible for an entire jury to ever agree that Young is guilty.

JMO

The shoe prints are relevant because it has been demonstrated that Michelle bought Jason a similar soled pair of size 10 shoes on sale. There seems to be some evidence that Jason used those shoes to stain the deck. That is, the prints in the bloody crime scene seem to match prints on the deck ... but the deck boards were collected late and no one could verify when the deck was last stained Was it just before the tailgating party or earlier?

Then there's the other pair of shoes. They seem to match the pair of shoes that Jason was wearing as casual shoes around the time that his wife was murdered. Is there indeed a receipt showing a new pair of identical sole or type shoes within days of the murder? I read that upthread and was wondering why that receipt was never documented.

Regarding unidentified DNA and prints, the shoe prints have been identified as similar to shoes that Jason at one time owned. It doesn't get any better than "similar to" with shoe prints. Either the pattern matches or it doesn't, but it's never a perfect match as each individual walks on their shoes differently.

The shoes are a big question, but at the same time it's conceivable that shoes he owned two years ealier were long gone (before the murder) and that he didn't actually wear two different sizes of shoes while murdering his wife.

<snipped for simplifying the response>

There would be some difference between a video of him re-entering the hotel at some point between 11 PM - 7 AM and a video of the actual crime. I think the question is more about the former and how he could have entered the locked side door after the rock had been removed. How did he get to the point of being able to turn or unplug the camera without first walking in the front door?

It's most likely that he entered through the unlocked glass side door. The door he propped open was the metal door. The hotel unlocks the side doors at 6 a.m. He could enter that door and immediately be in the stairwell, knock the camera that had been plugged back in up to the ceiling and go up the stairs undetected.

What would be a logical explanation for anyone else in that hotel to have tampered with that same camera twice in a 6-7 hour period of time? The time coincides exactly to the timeline of Jason exiting and reentering the hotel after a drive back to Raleigh to murder his wife.

otto, that Hampton Inn floor plan is not the same as the Hillsville Va location.
The east end has an indoor pool.
The west end exit door is on the opposite side (south side) of the building.

Yes, all cameras were working , per testimony. However each snapped a single photo every 10 seconds.
187203-Image54-640x480.jpg

Entering the dining area from the east stairwell at 11:58PM

The shoe prints are relevant because it has been demonstrated that Michelle bought Jason a similar soled pair of size 10 shoes on sale. There seems to be some evidence that Jason used those shoes to stain the deck. That is, the prints in the bloody crime scene seem to match prints on the deck ... but the deck boards were collected late and no one could verify when the deck was last stained Was it just before the tailgating party or earlier?

Then there's the other pair of shoes. They seem to match the pair of shoes that Jason was wearing as casual shoes around the time that his wife was murdered. Is there indeed a receipt showing a new pair of identical sole or type shoes within days of the murder? I read that upthread and was wondering why that receipt was never documented.

Regarding unidentified DNA and prints, the shoe prints have been identified as similar to shoes that Jason at one time owned. It doesn't get any better than "similar to" with shoe prints. Either the pattern matches or it doesn't, but it's never a perfect match as each individual walks on their shoes differently.

The shoes are a big question, but at the same time it's conceivable that shoes he owned two years ealier were long gone (before the murder) and that he didn't actually wear two different sizes of shoes while murdering his wife.

There was no testimony or evidence MY bought size 10 shoes for JY to stain the deck. In fact the testimony ruled out shoe prints on the deck all together.

He bought the HP shoes in the summer of 2005, per purchase receipts and records from shoe store....not 2 years, as you state.
And no, it is not conceivable to me MY would have given a perfectly good pair , relatively new pair, of his shoes to charity....very convenient story considering the same rare Hush puppy shoe prints were found at the crime scene.

But ... wasn't he seen leaving the hotel side door at midnight with his gloves? If it was him and he had gloves, there wouldn't be prints ... so the absence of prints on the camera doesn't lead me to believe that the camera is a red herring. The more interesting question, for me, is how he got into the hotel given that the side door was locked? He should have been seen on the hallway camera that recorded him at midnight if the same camera was tampered with. How did he get to the camera without being seen?

Was the door locked and rock removed at 5 AM?
At what time was that door unlocked?

Did you watch the trial?
If not, you can see all the testimony here.
http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/asset_gallery/9636865/

Again, the cameras were on 10 second delay.

The rock was removed at 5:50AM
The west glass door was unlocked at 6:00AM
The west hall camera was pushed up at 6:35AM
(same time he would have returned from the King NC gas stop)

I'm stunned that investigators ever suspected the victim's sister. That was a huge waste of time and resources.
You said the cops had "tunnel vision" from day one :waitasec:
They looked at all possible avenues, including the person that found her body. Of course she was quickly ruled out and all roads lead straight back to JLY.

hotel premises include the parking area. Jason never said he left the premises and the prosecution failed to prove it.

JMO

No, the jury just failed to grasp the evidence.

1- He admitted leaving at 12AM (no evidence of return)
2- His Explorer was seen at Birchleaf around 3:30AM
3- His Explorer and face were seen in King NC at 5:27AM
4- His HP shoe prints were found in blood at the crime scene.

And much to our dismay, the prosecution team failed to connect the dots and hammer home all of the above to the jury!:mad:

And much to our dismay, the prosecution team failed to connect the dots and hammer home all of the above to the jury!:mad:

I think a PowerPoint visual at closing should do the trick, don't you?
It should be easy, really (assuming the jury has a lick of sense).

I think a PowerPoint visual at closing should do the trick, don't you?
It should be easy, really (assuming the jury has a lick of sense).

Agreed. Something simple that won't create any gray area. How in the name of all that's holy did they ever think a jury could create a visual of the trips he made without drawing it out for them to view????

IMO there was far more actual evidence in this case than in the BC case. Meaning that the evidence was extremely easy to follow because JLY involved another person, Meredith Fisher, in his crime. Albiet BC did give that deposition for custody, though, so perhaps it's a draw. Had the DA cross-examined JLY with any vigor, I doubt we'd be sitting here today. I've forgotton the name of the attorney who took BC's deposition, but she could have handled JLY's cross handily IMO. I still say 'sic Boz on him'.

I'm stunned that investigators ever suspected the victim's sister. That was a huge waste of time and resources.

Investigators always have to rule out family first. There were two family members who were in close proximity to the victim -- her husband and her sister. Rule them out & then on to o/o/t family members and friends (unless there have been reports of recent similar crimes in the area -- apparently there were none -- no attacks, no murders, no serial killer, no series of neighborhood non-break-in-nothing-taken burglaries, etc).

They had to take the time to rule out MF and JY. But again, they couldn't get past JY when their investigation uncovered problems between JY & MY, his affairs, the pressure of a second child and her plan to work fewer hours, savage overkill, a nothing-missing burglary, no forced entry, the string of happenings at the HI and the cameras, etc., etc., as you know.

On paper, so to speak, MF was probably almost as high on their suspect list as JY, so to do less investigating on MF would have been remiss, stupid, and sub-standard procedure. JMO.

Is it your desire that a murderer go free because there is not an eyewitness or video of him commiting the actual crime? I'm also curious; in the prison where you work, how many of the inmates claim that they are innocent?

In order to believe he is innocent you have to ignore leaving the papers for the purse on top of the printer when he took the directions with him. You have to ignore the camera tampering and door propping (and he actually admitted that he propped the door). You have to ignore the print in blood at the crime scene in a shoe in his size known to be owned by him. You have to ignore a vehicle described as one being driven by him in front of his house parked oddly in the early, early morning hours. You have to ignore the same description given for the vehicle at the gas station that had an irate customer who was in such a hurry he didn't pump the full $20 and didn't come back into the store for his change. There's more but this should REALLY be enough. IMO

It is my desire to see justice served. I've not seen any evidence he had opportunity or even a motive and apparently 8 jurors in the first trial did not, either.

JMO

Having a survivor of a murder/probable burglary look over the premises while accompanied by his lawyer and the LEO's is SOP in these cases. JY lived in the premises -- how could he compromise it in the presence of his lawyer and LEO's. JY was the only adult witness who would know how the house looked when he left -- what is missing? Did he or she have valuables (jewelry, rifles, shotguns, PCs, video games, cameras, a nice leather coat, silver, cash, credit cards, stereo equipment, cell phones, etc., etc.) that are missing? Who else would know? Put those little blue booties on everybody's feet -- no one touch anything -- and the scene would not be compromised at all (where does that come from?).

OT, Belle -- I find it very interesting that you work in a max security prison. I am so totally unfamiliar with how things are in such a place -- are they really as tuff and as "scary" (in my imagination at least) as I have heard? Women's prison or men's prison? Is it tense all the time? Is the food awful? Please excuse these childish questions, but I am obviously ignorant of that segment of life as we know it. If you would say -- a big TIA.

I work in a prison with male inmates but my office is not near the housing unit where the trouble makers are segregated. The inmates I interact with are fairly intelligent, polite and respectful. They are allowed to engage in friendly banter with staff and each other. Highly trained guards are plentiful. It was tense for me before I had training and my own set of keys.

The hotel receipt they found in his car is evidence he was there in the morning.

No testimony there was a Ford Explorer seen at Birchleaf at 3:30 a.m or that the person driving it was Jason Young.

There was no testimony as to the make of the car seen in King nor could the witness describe Jason Young accurately.

No testimony that the shoe prints were made by his shoes or him wearing them.

I'm not sure why you keep misrepresenting the facts. :seeya:

I tried to post this once but it didn't appear to go through. IMO, usually when jurors have strong feelings as to their verdict, they speak out after the trial is over. Perhaps not all of them, but at least a couple will give interviews or remark on the evidence presented that they either agreed or disagreed with IMO. I haven't been able to locate any remarks or comments from anyone on this jury. JMO, but to me that speaks for itself.

The hotel receipt they found in his car is evidence he was there in the morning.

No testimony there was a Ford Explorer seen at Birchleaf at 3:30 a.m or that the person driving it was Jason Young.

There was no testimony as to the make of the car seen in King nor could the witness describe Jason Young accurately.

I think the camera being tampered with (knocked to point at the ceiling) at 6:35 a.m. is evidence that he was at the hotel in the morning.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinions.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads