Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier of the province in court today, sitting next to Reeva's cousin. Said 'Be strong'.

Objection :D

The main reason Botha was dropped from the case was because he and two other officers were accused of firing at a taxi carrying seven passengers during an allegedly drunken incident in 2011

This case was originally dropped but it has been reinstated on February 4th 2013 but police only learned on February 20th that the DPP had reinstated the charges against Botha.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/21/oscar-pistorius-case-lead-detective-removed

Botha made mistakes but what do you expect? ;)

The bail hearing started five days after the shooting of Reeva and Botha couldn't be expected to have detailed knowledge of all the evidence at that point.

That hearing was meant to be a bail hearing, not a trial within a trial. If it was handled like a proper bail application, there would not have been so many questions. At bail applications you do not have all the information such as forensics.

Even judge Nair said in the end the state could not be expected to put all the pieces of its puzzle together in such a short time.

Roux grilled Botha because he wanted to know what kind of evidence the state would have against OP. But Botha wasn't as stupid as people claim when he confirmed he couldn’t find anything that was inconsistent with Oscar’s version - he didn't want to show all the cards of the PT.

By the way - Roux said his forensic expert went through the toilet on the afternoon after the shooting.

And it wasn't Botha who was responsible for *hoarding the bullet-riddled door on the floor of his office*. It was the Boschkop police station commander Colonel Schoombie van Rensburg who kept the door in his office. Schoombie van Rensburg has resigned in December last year….

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Top-Oscar-Pistorius-cop-quits-20131215

It was a rush to judgment based on speculation that turned out to be false.

I can't find the link but I read somewhere that reeva was wearing oscar's clothes. Did anyone else read this too?

Yes I read that too - sounds like she was wearing his boxers and t-shirt. There is nothing suspicious about her sleeping in that.

Hypothetical:

/respect. snipped

NO ONE, I repeat, no one is that dim, as to not know if they are shooting someone they live with. He is asking for the ultimate pity. Its gross.

The Gajonka
Really?? Last year I posted the links to 2 SA stories with similar circumstances, the one being a rugby player who fired a shot through his bedroom window into his yard when he thought someone was trying to steal his daughters car, it was in fact her he shot dead, when she was attempting to leave the property early in the morning. More recently the man who, in the middle of a genuine home invasion, shot at his bedroom door thinking the intruders were making their way in, meanwhile, it was his young daughter who had heard the commotion and went to her parents. Im sure BOTH these parents live with a lot of regret and many why didn't I shout out, call my daughter, check on them first etc etc etc, list is endless...When faced with these terrors, the mind often loses focus, you do stupid things and adrenalin kicks in. Why is it that when the same happens to OP, he is a monster, he is a liar, abuser, even heard rape being mentioned...I mean, is it so hard to believe it was just an accident???

Anyhow, Op means nothing to me, and I am no fan but Im being objective to the fact ***** happens and life is cruel. I want to focus on the court case and the evidence. I do believe he needs to be punished for shooting Reeva, however I am more than willing to accept that he intentionally killed her if clear evidence suggests he did and not hear say! :)

Lets see what the day brings!!

Charl Johnson just told the court he got a large number of intimidating calls after the killing.

What's happened to all the live feeds?

Getting a Roku link finally under "Wild about trial" March 3 icon" live feed is inside.

Roux trying to say Charl and wife copied statements - Charl is giving very reasoned responses. Bit hesitant, but calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi