Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know your answer will be - no, you don't wonder. And I guess that is my issue - there are discrepancies that cannot be reconciled.

edited by me for brevity

Minor.. your issue shouldn't be with me. You shouldn't be worrying about any issue any poster has on this forum. I don't have one with your position.. I merely state my own.. that it is causing an issue for you is beyond my comprehension, and I cant do anything about it. except urge you to discard that concept.

Fundamental differences;

Witnesses heard what they thought were gunshots and presumed it was armed burglary

Oscar heard something? nothing? in his bathroom, didn't check it wasn't the other person in the home and presumed it was an armed burglary.

other fundamental difference.. Oscar didn't hear or mention any screaming to alert him it was Reeva he was shooting.. didn't know it was Reeva until he noticed her not in his bed..

Witnesses say, they heard screaming BEFORE shots fired, during AND AFTER.

How long do I have to look at traffic? I thought they were coming back at 15 past the hour? Grrrr...

so someone is fibbing re the screaming!...Ms Burger cannot forget or discard the sound to this day.. they must have made a deep and inviolable impression on her.

so someone is fibbing re the screaming!...Ms Burger cannot forget or discard the sound to this day.. they must have made a deep and inviolable impression on her.

Are you watching live. All I see is traffic....

I didn't say the witnesses were mistaken or misinterpreting hearing shouts or screams before the shots. I'm saying they could not have heard Reeva screaming after the shots ended, but that is the story they are sticking to. Doesn't that make you wonder if the female screams they heard before the shot may have been Oscar's screams or shouts, but were thought to be a female? I know your answer will be - no, you don't wonder. And I guess that is my issue - there are discrepancies that cannot be reconciled.

Yes, Roux knows more than each individual witness because he has the benefit of having all the evidence and all the police statements from all the witnesses -- as well as the autopsy findings.

Ok, let's say that Oscar was screaming and or shouting BEFORE the shots.

If so, doesnt that mess up his story that Reeva was just innocently using the toilet and he shot her by mistake? Because if I was in the toilet, and my bf started screaming at the top of his lungs, at 3 am, I would call out and say WHAT"S WRONG?

Are we now to believe that Oscar started screaming in blood curdling fashion, before shooting, and yet Reeva said nothing from behind the locked toilet?

Let's not forget that Dr. Burger testified IIRC that the male voice was not of a very frightened nature as was the woman's.

ANd she offered that brilliant analysis/possibility--the male was mocking the female. And earlier I reminded people of several incidents where OP displayed schadenfreude or sadism. So it all seems to fit. Did someone say Sam Taylor will soon testify?

Ok, let's say that Oscar was screaming and or shouting BEFORE the shots.

If so, doesnt that mess up his story that Reeva was just innocently using the toilet and he shot her by mistake? Because if I was in the toilet, and my bf started screaming at the top of his lungs, at 3 am, I would call out and say WHAT"S WRONG?

Are we now to believe that Oscar started screaming in blood curdling fashion, before shooting, and yet Reeva said nothing from behind the locked toilet?

I find it hard to give credence to any theory that proposes that it was OSCAR screaming before the shooting.. like as if. I'd be out of that bathroom quicker than lightning to find out what he was screaming about, particularly as those screams had a particular terrifying urgency and pain in them. Then the question arises.. if it was he screaming, what was he screaming about?? he has never said a thing about screams. his , hers, the mythical intruder, a cranky cat next door, nothing..

I heard (rumour) that after the shots were fired, he broke down the door with the cricket bat, then bashed her head in. Is there any basis to this? I haven't heard it come out in trial yet. Many thanks, and MOOOOO!

Mel

Roux is trying to convince the Judge that all the ear-witnesses are mistaken in what they heard.

He's trying to persuade the witnesses that the screams they heard came AFTER the gunshots when OP realized he had shot Reeva and not an intruder, and that the gunshots they thought they heard were instead the sounds of the cricket bat as OP heroically bashed in the door in an effort to save his beloved girlfriend.

I find it hard to give credence to any theory that proposes that it was OSCAR screaming before the shooting.. like as if. I'd be out of that bathroom quicker than lightning to find out what he was screaming about, particularly as those screams had a particular terrifying urgency and pain in them. Then the question arises.. if it was he screaming, what was he screaming about?? he has never said a thing about screams. his , hers, the mythical intruder, a cranky cat next door, nothing..
He actually did in his statement, he claims he went towards the bathroom after hearing a noise and screamed at the "intruders" to get out his house BEFORE shooting. Im guessing if this is to be believed, it was shouted with some anxiety/urgency and panic.

I heard (rumour) that after the shots were fired, he broke down the door with the cricket bat, then bashed her head in. Is there any basis to this? I haven't heard it come out in trial yet. Many thanks, and MOOOOO!

Mel

I remember reading articles last year after the autopsy was complete that the only injuries Reeva sustained were the fatal gunshot wounds. The head wounds were a rumor.

Roux is struggling to gain anything from the first three witness and bumbles on and on and I do mean bumbles. He badgers, accuses the witnesses of lying, is patronising and attempts to put words in their mouths. He has a job to do to test the witnesses but IMO he is incompetent and relies on bullying to try to get his way. Good thing he is not a lawyer in the UK. He would have been in endless trouble with the judge and, in my experience, there would certainly have been many more interruptions by the witness's lawyer.

I had hoped for better from this show trial.

He actually did in his statement, he claims he went towards the bathroom after hearing a noise and screamed at the "intruders" to get out his house BEFORE shooting. Im guessing if this is to be believed, it was shouted with some anxiety/urgency and panic.

and Reeva didn't say a thing?? just sat on the toilet waiting to be slaughtered by an intruder?? who is in the bathroom?? I dunno.. can't see it myself.. it would require a huge suspension of logic.

Wow - we have a witness on camera!

Who is he?

ETA never mind. It's Kevin Lerena, a professional boxer & friend of OP.

Gerald Imray ‏@GeraldImrayAP

#OscarPistorius trial > Next witness (4th) is boxer Kevin Lerena. Apparently present when #Pistorius shot gun by mistake in restaurant

https://twitter.com/GeraldImrayAP

But this is not what the witness, Dr Burger testifed: that she heard the male voice say help 3x in a not too emotional way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi