Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting points for me were:

Two fans brought in....why would he change it to two fans? So did he need to pretend he was out on the balcony longer?

Trying to suggest that MB heard a cricket bat banging on the door instead of the gun shots.

Suggesting that when OP screams, he sounds like a woman!

Can you surmise why the Judge was so lenient in allowing Roux to badger the witness with the same questions?

Anyone?

This one's not very deep.

Sure appreciate some aspects of our courts after watching this. I cannot imagine one of our attorneys being allowed to treat a witness in such disdain unless they are considered a hostile witness. Even then I do not think the badgering would be allowed.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I was close to a nervous breakdown because nothing worked so in the end I gave up :banghead:

I always could hear only a few words

But what I heard (and read)

- the interpreter was a nightmare
- Roux was laughable
- Mrs. Burger was a brilliant witness !

It was so funny when she gave her answers directly to the judge and not to Roux :D

Mrs Burger was the first witness, lives 170 m from OP's house. But we will hear more witnesses, living closer.....

OP's lies will be set in stone.... :jail:

"I heard bathroom window sliding open."

"I brought two (2) fans in."

"There wasn't an argument."

But this was interesting, too:

Nel: affidavit on urine sample shows no illicit contents...filed

Gosh, glad I had to miss it in a way. I'm steeling myself to watch the youtube links now. The prosecutor's tone was already irritating me before the lunch break.

This was reported yesterday evening via German videotext:

According to the "Sunday Times" foreign media journalists have harassed witnesses in Pistorius process.

Reporter tried to dig "dirty laundry" in the circle of relatives and friends of the witnesses, the newspaper quoted a police officer. Several prosecution witnesses, including police officers, have therefore complained about such harassment to the prosecutor.

http://www.handelsblatt.com/panoram...aengen-zeugen-vor-prozessauftakt/9559544.html

I have followed this pretty loosely since it began but have NOT followed it on WS at all. What's the consensus here? Innocent until proven guilty ? I don't really have an opinion at all, but I find it curious. I'm hoping the trial might shed more light. But since I haven't followed it closely, I'm betting some of you already know things I do not, that lead you one way or the other. TIA

I didn't think much of Roux. He is rude but he also is a bit of a bumbling idiot, lost his place in his notes and took ages to find where he should be. I am wondering if the cameras got to him. I was most unimpressed. If I were OP I would pack my bags now. The witness was way too intelligent for Roux and I am hoping her husband, who is due to testify, will be of the same ilk.

Excellent reception and cover on the court proceedings on Sky for iPad (UK). So sorry to hear some of you in other parts of the world are struggling with reception.

Just a note about the witnesses and attorneys all saying 'my lady' even when replying to a male - in England, witnesses and attorneys are supposed to direct all their answers to THE JUDGE, no matter who is asking the question. I think SA must have the same system.

It makes it incredibly difficult for witnesses - they are asked a question by a lawyer but are supposed to 'ignore' them and look and answer to the judge. Crazy.

ETA: Of course that's a mirror of the English system - the 'my lord/lady' is the clue....duh.

OMG. Didn't know there was no jury. It all hangs on the judges decision.

According to this article, correspondants say prosecution success will depend upon ballistics evidence.

I don't believe Oscar's story adds up at all, but I'm nervous now because the judge seems a little lacking in confidence to me. Anyone else get that impression?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26418086

OMG. Didn't know there was no jury. It all hangs on the judges decision.

According to this article, correspondants say prosecution success will depend upon ballistics evidence.

I don't believe Oscar's story adds up at all, but I'm nervous now because the judge seems a little lacking in confidence to me. Anyone else get that impression?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26418086
pp

I agree with your comment about the judge. She seemed a little weak and should have stopped Roux badgering. I hope there is some improvement and she becomes more involved tomorrow. Reeva needed a judge equal to the first witness who knew where she was going and was very firm.

I doubt whether Roux can believe OP is innocent and he must not lie to protect him. Maybe he won't try his best during the proceedings. How can anyone have any respect for OP.

Is Dr Burger def. done?

I.e., she will not be back tmow?

New witness?

Many reasons I can see why Pros led off with her.

pp

I agree with your comment about the judge. She seemed a little weak and should have stopped Roux badgering. I hope there is some improvement and she becomes more involved tomorrow. Reeva needed a judge equal to the first witness who knew where she was going and was very firm.

I doubt whether Roux can believe OP is innocent and he must not lie to protect him. Maybe he won't try his best during the proceedings. How can anyone have any respect for OP.

Ah, this goes to my query--now at bottom of P.9, where I asked why the Judge was so lenient in allowing repeated badgering of this witness.

I think there is a reason and I asked for guesses, as mine is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation