Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
B: Experiments have involved a 'porridge like substance'. There are general trends but to extrapolate anything specific is not possible (re time of death from gastric emptying).

Telegraph is the only one I can find with a stream working at the moment. I don't trust it though. It always freezes for me at crucial moments.

It's starting!

Here is another one if you need it http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Live/LIVE-UPDATES-Pistorius-trial-day-17-20140407 .. I actually find that one freezes on me as well (I think it's because those webpages are being updated/refreshed every few seconds) .. so I keep switching between the two!

I don't think this witness will take long. I feel like the most important evidence for the DT to combat is the stomach content/emptying testimony and they're doing that now.

He is going through academic papers now. Using Knights book, quoting where it says the subject 'is quite irrelevant' to determining time of death. That paper refs Truscott case again and basically says it is so unreliable for working out time of death, it's pretty much useless.

And other articles say the same.

He says one would have to 'embark' on a restrospective study of Reeva, speak to her family and find out exactly when she ate, if she took medication etc, to get any accuracy at all.

No video in a minute, audio only, judge orders....but livestream is still going?

OH, I lost my livestream for a while. Did another witness step up then, and the judge ordered no cameras on him?

That surprised me, how long it can take to obtain full toxicology reports. 1 to 2 years :eek:

I've lost the streaming on one site and the sound on the other .. aghh!

Botha validates Mangena's findings of the chronology of shots. Hip first. Head last.

Sounds like the aliens in the movie "Signs" to me.

Okay, lost my stream. he's talking about Reeva injury to the right hipbone 'stability of pelvic girdle would have been lost....Reeva would have fallen'

So far the order of shots are the same as what Magena said

So in Botha's opinion there were shots before the final shot and he thinks the final shot was to the head. So screaming possible (IMO).

B: 'She certainly didn't fall on top of the magazine rack'

R: According to Cpt M, she was sitting on the rack

B: She would have been too high, and I would have expected blood on the tiles...on pictures, there's no blood on tiles or the mag rack; just a small splatter on the front

R: Could she have lifted her arm to protect herself

B: Certainly not; arm injury equivalent to amputation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members