Trial Discussion Thread #34 - 14.05.06 Day 27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from North Carolina. It is currently 3:36am and I should be in bed, but I just can't. Can you say, Obsessed?? lol

You're obsessed, I'm addicted.

I'll be attending Nel-Anon meetings regularly when this trial is over.

Bear in mind, according to Oscar's testimony, he was screaming Reeva's name.

Not one person has testified, yet, that ever heard him screaming 'Reeva' though many clearly were able to distinguish the word 'help'.

It seems the only logical explanation, much like other witnesses. What's throwing me is them hearing the 'help help help.' Unless OP called for help after the second set, as well.

I don't think it could be the second set because of his time line with the fixed time of his call to security at 3:16 which he only did after checking the house and discussing with wife whether to go or not go. I don't think there would be time after the second set if as is argued the second set was around 3:15 to 3:17.

agree x 2... It looks really weird. Someone, somewhere suggested that maybe she mumbles prayers. Whatever she's doing, it's made me acutely aware of how I must look when I'm talking to myself all the time ...and I have NO excuse! Ha!

:floorlaugh:

Roux is still trying to discredit Mrs. Stipp's testimony... :/

I think these 2 witnesses this morning did a good job at that after all their house is right next to OP's. The bedrooms of both houses are so very close and facing the same direction.

That's why I included those of Asian (Indian precedence) because (apart from my sister in law :-) ), Indian wives are also usually very obedient and respectful. But what really struck me was how OP, (I am pretty sure it was him but if not another white male), said in the same "no nonsense" fashion, something about the women in his family not being allowed to drive at night.

Yep, so are the women of the Muslim faith. I don't find it odd at all lol.

Truth be told, if my family lived in JHB, my husband wouldn't allow me to drive at night either, my brother does and he doesn't allow his wife to drive alone at night, its not because they are being dominant, its simply because its dangerous. As it is, we rarely venture out at night in our cars where we live now in CT so JHB would be a huge No-No :)

I don't think it could be the second set because of his time line with the fixed time of his call to security at 3:16 which he only did after checking the house and discussing with wife whether to go or not go. I don't think there would be time after the second set if as is argued the second set was around 3:15 to 3:17.

Oh, good point.

agree x 2... It looks really weird. Someone, somewhere suggested that maybe she mumbles prayers. Whatever she's doing, it's made me acutely aware of how I must look when I'm talking to myself all the time ...and I have NO excuse! Ha!

When wildabout left their live feed on yesterday, the presenter was (probably) talking to someone via a headphone, but all it looked like was someone having an earnest conversation with themselves, live on camera, while staring into space.

The Stipps heard bangs, cries for help, and bangs. This doesn't negate their testimony in the least. Based on the timeline, the Ns heard the second set and OP must have been saying help afterward, as well as before the second set of bangs.

I agree. These neighbors are also very sure that it was a male voice. High pitched, but definitely male.

Truth be told, if my family lived in JHB, my husband wouldn't allow me to drive at night either, my brother does and he doesn't allow his wife to drive alone at night, its not because they are being dominant, its simply because its dangerous. As it is, we rarely venture out at night in our cars where we live now in CT so JHB would be a huge No-No :)

We don't even live in SA and my husband doesn't like me driving at night either. If I have to get something, he goes for me. \o/

I think these 2 witnesses this morning did a good job at that after all their house is right next to OP's. The bedrooms of both houses are so very close and facing the same direction.

But Mrs. Stipps was awake when all this started happening because she was not feeling well. The two witnesses today were asleep.

I can't see how Mrs N could've heard OP shouting 'help, help, help' from his balcony and yet not hear the second set of bangs .. that doesn't make any sense to me (virtually all witnesses, including the accused himself, have said there were bangs after the 'help, help, help' whether they be cricket bat or gun shots)

Sorry, but that is not quite what I heard. Are you listening live? He was suspicious of the first two sets of "visitors" being press not police. As he was not sure they were police he would not give a statement. He also said they were very rude.

I was listening live and MN definitely said the first policeman, and IIRC it was one guy on his own, just as Bateman tweets, said "Hey brother, what happened here?". Which in my view too is certainly not a way for a policeman to introduce himself through a car window as he was driving out, but then that is from a UK perspective where bobbies are much more formal still.

He was home with wife, kids evening 13th Feb. They went to be around 22/23 hours.

N: I was woken up by my wife, told me she heard a bang. She wasn't certain if it was inside or outside the house...I had to go check my daughter was okay..her door was still locked. I then started checking the house, said to my wife, 'There's nothing in the house'.

So let me get this right. This is yet ANOTHER couple where, after one of them hears "something," s/he immediately checks in with the other one.

Of course that's what people do!

I think we'll have to wait for it to be uploaded. I am listening live and also following 5 twitter feeds from reporters in court. They all say roughly what Bateman's does. He wasn't happy with being approached so informally and wouldn't give a statement until Van Arndt had spoken with him.

Your reporting is very good and always one I look for. I am always open to the fact that my interpretation maybe different. I was interpreting the whole discussion of this point not the individual answers. It will be interesting on reply whether I still feel the same.

I understand the danger and not driving at night. What I don't understand, is .....my husband wouldn't allow me... .
Thankfully, those words have never left my mouth and never will. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member