Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What just happened? Sounded like 3 people talking at once, then all of a sudden, break. What'd I miss? :banghead:

Dianne Hawker @diannehawker

Nel asks for a 30 minutes to consult. The prosecution only received Prof Lundgren's report this morning. @eNCAnews #OscarTrial

Waiting for Nel to jump all over her for stating that Reeva was asleep, there is no evidence of that. If anything it there is strong evidence that Reeva never slept at all that night.

Mr. Nell has missed a gift from this witness.

She testified correctly that panic, and anxiety delay stomach emptying.

What just happened? Sounded like 3 people talking at once, then all of a sudden, break. What'd I miss? :banghead:

Aagh, wish I'd known others had it too. I panicked thinking it was me and managed to close all my feeds accidentally.

They've left the live feed on on Wildabout - I can hear everyone in court chatting.

WS is a huge nesting area for acronyms, but I have never found a guideline. I just try to figure them out :smile:

There is a thread for WSpeak, but plz, plz, plz don't ask me for the link. :D

45 minutes??? Heard them say tea break but didn't pay attention to how long. Wow!

Got that on my telegraph feed too the last few minutes. Sounded like one sound track on top of another but it was several seconds behind.

Anyone have a good feed out there is morning?

Break time.... smoke 'em if you've got 'em (hmmmm, you guys in Washington and Colorado, no sharing with the rest of the folks your type of smoking)

What do you mean? Sharing is caring! :please:

Mr. Nell has missed a gift from this witness.

She testified correctly that panic, and anxiety delay stomach emptying.

He may well go back to that ,a good argument could delay gastric emptying but having said that a the potential argument was in the early hours so you would think if she had eaten around 7 pm it should have been pretty much emptied anyway.

I’m deeply uncomfortable about how this witness mentions illness, medication or anorexia and bulimia may delay gastric emptying in the case of Steenkamp’s stomach contents...when there is nothing to indicate any of these things of the victim. It’s like subtle implication of things about the victim, which are as ‘speculative’ as saying how ‘speculative’ she claims gastric emptying science is.

As if the family need that sort of speculation about the habits of the victim…darn you Pistorius!

The witness could also equally say that stress, anger, violence and arguing could change the emptying patterns.

Also, the witness is a clinician and that says that the medical establishment that operations are based at the earliest 6 hours of emptied stomach. If you have that many worries about stir fries, young women should come to operations with special timing warning about operations!

Yep, I immediately thought that too .. and also where she mentioned dieting pills .. just because Reeva was a model it doesn't mean she was taking diet pills or was anorexic or bulimic and I didn't like the way it was 'subtly' included .. it did jump out at me as being suggestive as being something relevant to Reeva, because of her being a model, and which we don't actually know was the case. I don't even believe the part about being bulimic delaying gastric emptying .. if you are bulimic, then gastric emptying is going to be a whole lot quicker isn't it because you sick your food up!

Just to add .. why did the pathologist find a cheese like substance and not chicken? It was a chicken stir fry and not a cheese stir fry so that in itself indicates to me that she had something extra to eat that night.

Break time.... smoke 'em if you've got 'em (hmmmm, you guys in Washington and Colorado, no sharing with the rest of the folks your type of smoking)

Munching on another piece of Pumpkin Pot Pie, but can't understand why there's a break after 45 minutes? Did someone put the tea on too high a flame?

What if we promise not to inhale? Lol

Roux has been a bit devious here. He knows an anaesthetist cannot comment on pathology. So much of what Nel wants determined she cannot comment on. Also a bit naughty that the DT did not give the PT a copy of the anaesthetist's report until today.

Why did Nel need a postponement? Didn't he have CL's report? I don't understand these breaks. When is the tea break?!

N: He was able to identify the meal she ate....would you not say the contents should have been unrecognizab;e after eight hours?

CL: I can't comment on that Milady.

N: But he did.
I was watching on u-tube - that response was excellent. My thoughts: at the cross-exam she shows a reluctance to concede what would seem logical. Nel has shown all the factors that should, in a healthy young woman, account for gastric emptying after eight hours, and now added hours before RS was taken to the mortuary. The 'moment' for me was when she first would not concede that in a normal situation RS would have been assumed to have an empty stomach in terms of performing an operation (or something like that - Nel's 1st 'yes' or 'no' type question). I think she is going to have an uncomfortable time after the break if she keeps trying to block or fob off the forensic/scientific evidence here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beanut