Trial Discussion Thread #38 - 14.05.13 Day 31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
V: General anxiety disorder is very common. Between one and six per cent of the population, and if you look around the court there will be someone with this. They cope, they function...

Nel points out that OP coped and functioned too.

I call BS. As one who suffers from anxiety, panic attacks, PTSD, and other acronyms, others *especially my fam* pick up on my 'specialness' quite easily.

Me too. There's no way to hide it when it's bad.

When Nel says, "I see." it doesn't mean he understands what they're saying, it means he's figured out a way to get things around to where he wants to go.

N: When you drafted this report, was it also be intended to be used for sentencing purposes?

V: If required, yes.

Dr V is not sounding very convincing here, to me. Trying to say how shutting door would depend on if partner was hot, and then appears to hint that 'other person' (Reeva?) might be relied upon to close the door for the 'person' with GAD....

So did OP tell her Reeva was supposed to shut the door, methinks?

I thought the exact same thing, and I have a feeling the fight may have been over her not closing the door when he'd asked her to do it.

N: What factors would be more in line with sentence processes?

V: The general anxiety disorder and the vulnerability.

This woman is REALLY p*ssing me off.

She's so full of sh~t, equivocating, etc.

CLEARLY, this doc has never had GAD. She's CLUELESS!!!!

I can't stand psychobabble at the best of times .. but using it in order to try and defend a killer is really not doing my blood pressure any good .. ! She has an answer for absolutely everything :banghead:

I can console myself with the fact that none of it will wash.

I'm so curious to find out what that paper says that the photographer is trying to give to Nel.

Nel talking about Dr Holmes, the industrial psych: "What was the purpose of his report?"

V: I don't know.

Hey, hasn't OP told some people he was moving to Joburg to be near Reeva, and now has told doc it was for security?

Typical as to manipulation, changing story depending on audience and how each explanation can benefit him to his favor.

Where is Nel going with this? He seems to be trying to get doc to admit 'you would expect something more', other than just heightened anxiety, from a GAD sufferer.

It seems to me that Nel is trying to make this witness stick to what she said yesterday in order for him to be able to apply again to the judge to section OP under section 78 but I might be entirely wrong.

Nel: So if u say, Dr Holmes report, what was purpose of his report?

" it contained the history..confirms the history I obtained and the tests confirmed my diagnosis..."

Nel: Then should we have a look at it?

Nooo, I didnt really rely upon it nor use it...as such...just collateral information...

SEEMS LIKE SHE DOES NOT WANT TO GO INTO IT

Dr V explains what Dr Holmes report contained, which sounds like not an awful lot (of clinical value, in my opinion).

Nel is wondering if he should ask to see that report.

Nel the report snatcher, Lol!

N: You did not take into account any other version, the state's version? Do you think that's impartial?

V: My asking...was not to come to the truth, but rather look at the mental state of the accused, at the time of the offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member