Trial Discussion Thread #4 - 14.03.10, Day 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@JodiAriasNeedle is frustrating me. She is reporting that the injury to the skull is from the bat striking her and won't listen to me when I tell her it's from the bullet...

Black talon bullets used by Oscar
BiXeYNBCcAEyuFP.jpg

Well, well, well...

Oscar says they went to sleep at 10. Reeva was killed around 3. Had eaten a meal within two hours before death...

Well that alone has proved his guilt without doubt UNLESS he is going to say Reeva often got up during the night and had snacks and that he didn't know because he was asleep. He is cooked!

Well that alone has proved his guilt without doubt UNLESS he is going to say Reeva often got up during the night and had snacks and that he didn't know because he was asleep. He is cooked!

His BH affidavit says they both slept from 10 PM till circa 3 AM.

Of course, the most crucial question of the day is: Is he vomiting like a man or like a woman?

And you all do know the medical term projectile vomiting?

Yes, I saw the movie "The Exorcist" - But wondering minds wanna know, is it green?

It's baffling .. can her injuries have been more horrific, in quantity and savagery than any other woman so far in South Africa...?

as Carol pointed out.. what about all the other women and children that have had the details of their deaths all over the press.

My first instinct, and this is my nature not a matter of special wisdom, is that someone has a hell of a lot of CLOUT... I just cant decide who because both the defence AND the prosecutor argued for the ban.

*stumped*.

BBM :lol: :floorlaugh:

this trial has damn near everything.

little interesting bit.. Reevas' nike shorts ... she had them up when she was shot in the hip..

the ladies here will grasp that immediately.

Black talon bullets used by Oscar
BiXeYNBCcAEyuFP.jpg

From a reporter in the courtroom:

"Phillip de Wet ‏@phillipdewet 13m
If it helps the bullet aficionados, Saayman reported a bullet that hit the hip was so fragmented it was impossible to retrieve fragments."

These bullets are just hideous!

Reeva didn't have to die, if she got immediate help.
Alex Crawford ‏@AlexCrawfordSky 58s

#OscarPistorius Pthologist said Reeva's head wound wd have been incapacitating but she would not necessarily have died straight away

which means.. she could have been screaming AFTER the head shot..

Roux is going to have a lot of trouble with that... so are a few posters...

be interesting when Roux cross examines him,, already Roux has stated categorically, that no one, not anyone can be alive after the head shot, and the head shot was first, therefore, all witness to a woman screaming are nuts..

.....holding my spot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His BH affidavit says they both slept from 10 PM till circa 3 AM.

I must check when I get home from work but does OP say they went to SLEEP or they went to BED at 10??

Yar nie, eish, today was a bad day for OP. I don't know what to make of the eating thing!!

I was sorry I had to go out today, but coming back and reading, I'm not sorry at all.

The judge seemed to lose control of her courtroom this afternoon, a little? Oscar shouldn't have been allowed to hijack proceedings like that, imo. But I guess Nel let him go ahead without objecting because he thought that told its own tale? I read a couple of suggestions that Oscar came equipped with wet wipes in advance - so knew in advance what his 'spontaneous' reaction to the evidence would be?

I think the judge is waaay out of her depth with the media rulings, which don't appear to make any sense to the media - who have a lot of experience of this sort of thing.

be interesting when Roux cross examines him,, already Roux has stated categorically, that no one, not anyone can be alive after the head shot, and the head shot was first, therefore, all witness to a woman screaming are nuts..

Not necesarily.
She did not have to die pathologist said, but she may have been in a vegetative state after the head shot. We need more of what he actually said.

I must check when I get home from work but does OP say they went to SLEEP or they went to BED at 10??

Yar nie, eish, today was a bad day for OP. I don't know what to make of the eating thing!!

I will check a certain source now, and get back to you soon.

BIB
That is what I was thinking too.
But the problem with getting our news today in tweeted snippets and summarized reports is we are missing full context. It is very frustrating. Other court tweeters characterized the pathologists comments as more immediately incapacitating.

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt 18m
Pathologist said head wound would almost certainly have been fatal, certainly left Reeva unconscious, incapable of voluntary acts

Erin Conway-Smith ‏@ejcs 28m
Pathologist says Reeva Steenkamp would have been incapacitated, unconscious after head wound, probably took only a few breaths more.

Found it in my source:
From his BH affi: "...After Reeva finished her yoga exercises [earlier cited in the affi to be circa 22:00] she got into bed and we both fell asleep..."

And later that they slept till he went to get the fan at circa 3 AM.

And for completeness, from today's testimony by the pathologist, Reeva ate about 2 hours before she died. In other words, at circa 1 AM, when OP says they were both asleep.

This -

The meal consumed after Oscar said Reeva had gone to bed

Bullet hole showing her knickers/pants were pulled up

Possibility even the head wound did not kill her immediately

(I should think Roux will call experts to dispute the timing of the last meal. I think many factors can effect digestion?)

Was food delivered to the house around 1am, did they go pick something up or did they cook? Maybe there is a record of the time food was delivered or a video of a delivery driver on a cctv camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79